Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35718 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 2)
« Reply #345 on: September 04, 2009, 09:22:43 pm »

Confirmed, no. But he does seem the scummiest to me and a few other people, at least.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 04, 2009, 09:36:20 pm »

Confirmed, no. But he does seem the scummiest to me and a few other people, at least.

The votes on him are supposed to be so that if he's lying, he gets lynched. Actually, I think he should exactly equal the number of votes that are put on somebody else, so we get a double lynch. Doesn't have to be on Free Beer, mind you, but I would like it to be.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 04, 2009, 10:10:27 pm »

I'm back. The reaction to my proposed plan reminds me of the story of the small European town in WWII who hid their Jews from the Nazis by having everyone claim they were Jews. Words cannot express my disappointment.

Since I've got zero reliable information to go on, I elect not to use my power to force a lynch, in hopes that the rest of the town as a collective will come to a better decision than just I myself. If this means I'll be the one lynched, then so be it - even though I know myself that the town is making a mistake doing so.

I am fourth-ing this. Mostly just to call bulls**t on the roleclaim. You did, in fact, vote Toony, I checked. But you can only use unlimited votes once, because it is a guaranteed lynch. And Toony was very well informed about his role during his feud with Diakron.  And that feud is why you aren't dead yet. Or are you just big noting yourself to get a reaction? Either way, you can't take us all down, scum.

So yeah, I'm voting Free Beer again.

When I did this to ToonyMan, he tried to intimidate me into submission, which resulted in the current fiasco. I know firsthand that what you are doing is a very stupid move. I will not allow the same thing to happen again. Instead, I provide evidence for my roleclaim:

I direct ZERO votes at Pandarsenic.

I think we can all agree that I am not the No Voter, the Unknown Voter, or the Negative Voter, due to information from the previous Day's vote count. Therefore, I think we can all agree that the only way I could possibly have zero votes today would be if I indeed were the Copycat Voter, and I willfully made my votes to have a value of zero through the use of the Unlimited Voter's power. If the Vote Counter does his thing, my role is officially confirmed. Sound good to you?

Once Free Beer says Pandar's role, the deceit I so strongly suspect will be revealed, and town victory will be much closer. This is a hell of a gamble, but it's necessary, you have to understand that.

You said yourself that Pandarsenic is obviously running some sort of reverse psychology ploy, and I concur. I'm not going to say his role's name. Instead, I offer the following alternative proposal: a side effect of being the Copycat Voter is that I learn the role information of who I vote for. If I vote for Pandarsenic today, I will be able to independently confirm whether he is fudging some facts about his role on Day Three.

Furthermore, if Pandarsenic is indeed telling the truth and people still think I am scum, they get to namekill me, and me alone, by saying my role's name on Day Three. A simple, yet effective plan, do you not agree?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 04, 2009, 10:31:19 pm »

If my vote counted for anything it'd be on Free Beer. :I

Not-edit: Hey webmobile, if the CopyCat Voter copies my role:
1) Does it only happen if I have AT LEAST ONE VOTE on my by that person?
2) Do we say "He's the Copycat Voter" or by saying "He's the weba_ role" for the kill? Can we kill him? Does saying he's the weba role also kill me since we know where he got it from if we share the weba_ kill condition?

Also, once all the letters are revealed, do I die even if nobody says, "OH HEY YOUR ROLE IS WEBA_" just because everyone can see it?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 04, 2009, 10:42:14 pm »

I can answer the first one. The copycat gets the power of whoever they vote for. Therefore, even if I direct zero votes at you, I still get the power, since I voted for you.

The only way my plan could fail is if webadict requires a one day time delay between copies, which is something that I regretfully did not confirm in advance.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 04, 2009, 11:12:52 pm »

0 votes mean you didn't vote for me, as I read it....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 04, 2009, 11:14:43 pm »

0 votes mean you didn't vote for me, as I read it....

The No Voter still shows up in vote counts and vote tallies. He's got zero votes as well, but he still technically votes for people. That's what I'm banking on.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 04, 2009, 11:42:12 pm »

Hmm, strange. Free Beer, you being fine with being lynched makes you even more scummy, imo. It's also stupid. Doesn't matter what team you're on, you should at least vote off somebody else. If you're town, you should be ok with lynching somebody else and yourself. If you're scum, you still might be ok with getting lynched, trying to trick everybody into thinking you're town, but you really shouldn't be. I have no idea why you would be ok with getting lynched, but I don't like the fact you are. In any case, Free Beer, you really should vote somebody else off. Doesn't matter if you're the Pandarsenic role for whatever reason you want to be, you should go after and lynch the scum. Period. Anything else is scummy.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 04, 2009, 11:58:30 pm »

Free Beer, as it stands, your little plan is nothing more than a drawing in dirt. You may get to vote Pandar, and learn of this unique role, but as it stands, you are the single most suspicious person here, and will get lynched before you can do anything with that information. I'm not the only one who thinks you are scum either, so I call upon the rest of the town:
If you are suspicious of Free Beer, vote for him.

Want to stop me Free Beer? Then lynch me. Then get lynched the next day. Face it, your plan, no matter how good you think it is, is pathetic, and you have not thought ahead far enough. You can only control the lynch once, and on one person. You are going down Free Beer, make a nice crater.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 05, 2009, 09:17:58 am »

Free beer

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 05, 2009, 11:48:30 am »

Unvote, Vote Org. Two can play the "I'm not going to explain my votes" game.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 05, 2009, 12:12:41 pm »

Free Beer, as it stands, your little plan is nothing more than a drawing in dirt. You may get to vote Pandar, and learn of this unique role, but as it stands, you are the single most suspicious person here, and will get lynched before you can do anything with that information. I'm not the only one who thinks you are scum either, so I call upon the rest of the town:
If you are suspicious of Free Beer, vote for him.

Want to stop me Free Beer? Then lynch me. Then get lynched the next day. Face it, your plan, no matter how good you think it is, is pathetic, and you have not thought ahead far enough. You can only control the lynch once, and on one person. You are going down Free Beer, make a nice crater.
I am suspiscious of him. Thats why I voted him. I didnt think I needed to explain it then but ovell there it is.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 05, 2009, 04:28:07 pm »

Mr.Person, Free Beer has done enough suspicious actions, so just voting him is excusable.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 05, 2009, 03:46:25 pm »

Mr.Person, Free Beer has done enough suspicious actions, so just voting him is excusable.

As an exercise, name them.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 05, 2009, 04:29:25 pm »

Without looking back in the thread I have these:
He was in the middle of the Toony/Diakron debate, which he himself said he was a part of.
The whole copycat voter escapade.

That and I want to screw over his less-than-well-thought-out plan.

Now that I look back slightly, I have this quote:
When I did this to ToonyMan, he tried to intimidate me into submission, which resulted in the current fiasco. I know firsthand that what you are doing is a very stupid move. I will not allow the same thing to happen again.
This proves he was in the middle of it, and he says he egged it on slightly.

And to be honest, he is the only one who I think is scum at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35