Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35754 times)

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 2)
« Reply #360 on: September 05, 2009, 04:43:35 pm »

Hmm, strange. Free Beer, you being fine with being lynched makes you even more scummy, imo. It's also stupid. Doesn't matter what team you're on, you should at least vote off somebody else. If you're town, you should be ok with lynching somebody else and yourself. If you're scum, you still might be ok with getting lynched, trying to trick everybody into thinking you're town, but you really shouldn't be. I have no idea why you would be ok with getting lynched, but I don't like the fact you are. In any case, Free Beer, you really should vote somebody else off. Doesn't matter if you're the Pandarsenic role for whatever reason you want to be, you should go after and lynch the scum. Period. Anything else is scummy.

I don't care whether what I do is scummy at this point. Not a single person has taken anything I've done seriously. I tried being fully transparent about my thoughts this game, and it failed magnificently. I even got a little offended when people selectively read into what I was saying and used what I thought were good ideas as excuses to accuse me of being scum. I'll know better next time.

If I force a lynch for someone today, it's going to be essentially a random vote, since I suspect everyone equally now. Probability says I've got a 1/3 chance of hitting scum. If I do this, people will waste a day lynching me tomorrow anyway, since they think I'm scum and I'll most likely have hit town. In effect, I'll have given the scum a free day. I'm smart enough not to take this bet. My current proposal is much better.

Or, alternatively, I could just let everyone lynch me, and when I flip as a town-aligned Copycat Voter, people will finally know I'm telling the truth. Both of these are good strategies this round.

Sidenote - wasn't the day supposed to end hours ago? Vote Day Extension, on the off chance the Vote Counter shows up and clears my role, at least.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 05, 2009, 04:47:28 pm »

I don't think anybody thought you were lying about being the Copycat Voter.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 05, 2009, 04:49:14 pm »

I don't think anybody thought you were lying about being the Copycat Voter.

major_sephiroth thinks I'm lying about being the Copycat Voter. Even after I've provided indisputable evidence (to be confirmed if/when the Vote Counter shows up).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 05, 2009, 05:05:38 pm »

The Day is actually going to go for as long as you guys want. Seems like you guys are active and playing, so I'm okay with the Day going for 24, even 48 more hours.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 05, 2009, 05:11:08 pm »

Someone raises their hand, "Can we count these votes?"

Vote Count

major_sephiroth - JanusTwoface (1)
chaoticjosh - Pandarsenic (1)
Mr.Person - Zaithemaster (1)
Free Beer - Mephansteras, major_sephiroth, Org (3)
Pandarsenic - Free Beer (0)
Org - Mr.Person (1)

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 05, 2009, 05:14:37 pm »

Hey I'm just trying to cover all bases here Free Beer. If you are the copycat voter, then you are likely going to get me lynched soon. If not, you are going to be lynched.  The main plan you had seems to have been torn to shreds, so I'm happy.

Yes, I like ruining people's plans, it is actually fun, and in most cases, a challenge.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 05, 2009, 05:17:15 pm »

Hmm, strange. Free Beer, you being fine with being lynched makes you even more scummy, imo. It's also stupid. Doesn't matter what team you're on, you should at least vote off somebody else. If you're town, you should be ok with lynching somebody else and yourself. If you're scum, you still might be ok with getting lynched, trying to trick everybody into thinking you're town, but you really shouldn't be. I have no idea why you would be ok with getting lynched, but I don't like the fact you are. In any case, Free Beer, you really should vote somebody else off. Doesn't matter if you're the Pandarsenic role for whatever reason you want to be, you should go after and lynch the scum. Period. Anything else is scummy.

No. FB's excuse for this is quite sound. He claims to not have reasonable evidence, and will therefore not use his copied ability to the full power of lynching whoever he wants. You seemingly not caring who he lynches is more scummy than him not utilizing the ability.

If it weren't for the fact I'm already voting for you, M.P, I'd vote for you.

Free Beer, as it stands, your little plan is nothing more than a drawing in dirt. You may get to vote Pandar, and learn of this unique role, but as it stands, you are the single most suspicious person here, and will get lynched before you can do anything with that information. I'm not the only one who thinks you are scum either, so I call upon the rest of the town:
If you are suspicious of Free Beer, vote for him.

Want to stop me Free Beer? Then lynch me. Then get lynched the next day. Face it, your plan, no matter how good you think it is, is pathetic, and you have not thought ahead far enough. You can only control the lynch once, and on one person. You are going down Free Beer, make a nice crater.

Gloating is a terrible thing, my friend. A terrible, terrible thing.

Mr.Person, Free Beer has done enough suspicious actions, so just voting him is excusable.

M_S and Org are scum. Hint: Never defend anybody else as scum unless their attacker is completely baseless. Even then, be wary of aiding your scum buddies.

However, this would appear to violate my assertion that M.P is scum, as they disagree with each other. However, this would just be common in-fighting, to distance the scum from their fellows.

I think M.P is more suspicious than FB right now. Though an attempt to get on the town's good graces by not dominating the lynch could be a good last scheme.

[Pre-Post Edit:] M_S is scum. Stop the damn gloating, dude. It ruins your cover. I'm tempted to switch my vote from M.P to you.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 05, 2009, 08:04:34 pm »

If my vote counted for anything it'd be on Free Beer. :I

Not-edit: Hey webmobile, if the CopyCat Voter copies my role:
1) Does it only happen if I have AT LEAST ONE VOTE on my by that person?
2) Do we say "He's the Copycat Voter" or by saying "He's the weba_ role" for the kill? Can we kill him? Does saying he's the weba role also kill me since we know where he got it from if we share the weba_ kill condition?

Also, once all the letters are revealed, do I die even if nobody says, "OH HEY YOUR ROLE IS WEBA_" just because everyone can see it?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 05, 2009, 08:18:38 pm »

No. FB's excuse for this is quite sound. He claims to not have reasonable evidence, and will therefore not use his copied ability to the full power of lynching whoever he wants. You seemingly not caring who he lynches is more scummy than him not utilizing the ability.

Woah, woah, woah. Are you trying to say him wanting to get lynched and make us feel guilty about it is more scummy then at least taking a shot at lynching scum? Are you saying it's ok for him to not have any suspicions? You're spouting crap right here, I'm now very certain you are, in fact, scum. However, I'm also certain major_sephiroth is as well. Unvote and vote major_sephiroth. Both of you need to stop spewing this crap that it's ok for Free Beer to just roll over and let himself get lynched.

I forget, if Free Beer were to vote for Pandarsenic, would that get rid of his unlimited votes?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 05, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »

If my vote counted for anything it'd be on Free Beer. :I

Not-edit: Hey webmobile, if the CopyCat Voter copies my role:
1) Does it only happen if I have AT LEAST ONE VOTE on my by that person?
2) Do we say "He's the Copycat Voter" or by saying "He's the weba_ role" for the kill? Can we kill him? Does saying he's the weba role also kill me since we know where he got it from if we share the weba_ kill condition?

Also, once all the letters are revealed, do I die even if nobody says, "OH HEY YOUR ROLE IS WEBA_" just because everyone can see it?
I cannot answer those questions, since I can neither confirm nor deny that any of those roles actually exist. You can pm me asking about what YOUR role/secondary role does, but I will never answer questions about any other role other than those posted on the main page or that were sent to you.

In other words, "I don't know what you mean...?"

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 05, 2009, 08:59:56 pm »

Mr.Person, the unlimited voter loses his power if someone they vote for gets lynched. So they could, in theory, save it for a later time. And as I have been a bit harsh on Free Beer, and because he seems genuinely distressed, Unvote.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 05, 2009, 09:01:48 pm »

I was talking about the copycat voter, does the copycat voter lose their power if they get a new one? Since WA won't answer that for me, Free Beer has to ask that.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 05, 2009, 09:33:56 pm »

I was talking about the copycat voter, does the copycat voter lose their power if they get a new one? Since WA won't answer that for me, Free Beer has to ask that.

I can answer this one. The Copycat Voter keeps the power they copy until the next Day. So I lose the Unlimited Voter's power tonight no matter what happens.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 05, 2009, 09:46:25 pm »

Woah, woah, woah. Are you trying to say him wanting to get lynched and make us feel guilty about it is more scummy then at least taking a shot at lynching scum? Are you saying it's ok for him to not have any suspicions? You're spouting crap right here, I'm now very certain you are, in fact, scum. However, I'm also certain major_sephiroth is as well. Unvote and vote major_sephiroth. Both of you need to stop spewing this crap that it's ok for Free Beer to just roll over and let himself get lynched.

Yeah...no. I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying it's okay (in theory) for him not to try and use that power of his to lynch someone if he's not sure who is scum; him lynching at random could be more anti-town than voting regularly. But he should vote like a regular person, at least; I agree with you there. It's just when he controls the lynch, him choosing at random could set the town behind 2 days if he's town (one if he lynches a townie, a second for the rest of us to lynch him), 1 if he's not (he lynches a townie, we lynch him and he's scum), or possibly get us ahead if he lynches a Mafioso.

But really. If you're so sure he's scum, then why the hell would you want him to control the lynch? That doesn't make sense. Going by your belief that FB is scum, you're trying to make him lynch a townie (because if he's scum, then why would he want to lynch his brethren, as we still wouldn't be satisfied he's town? He'd just get lynched tomorrow). This is exactly why you're scum.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 05, 2009, 11:06:16 pm »

No, us lynching him tomorrow is not assumed (assuming he super-lynches today) and FoS for saying as such. It's highly probable, yes, but it's not assumed. Besides, I really want to hear who he WOULD super-lynch. We can't do anything if he won't fucking talk.

I'm just going to come out and say it: This is kingmaker without a kingmaker. Somebody should run a KM game, btw.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35