Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35732 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 2)
« Reply #390 on: September 06, 2009, 03:23:23 pm »

Thank you Mephanasteras, you just said exactly what I've been trying to say.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 06, 2009, 03:55:58 pm »

If I was scum and I was going to encourage him to super-lynch, I would of done it in the scum-chat. In fact, if I was scum, he would of just lynched a townie and be done with it.

No. This would only be if you and FB were scum. Which at this point in time I do not believe to be the case.

...And then Meph adds in good points that add more WIFOM to the case, as it would appear to fit at (my) first glance.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 06, 2009, 03:58:29 pm »

Ok, so you think I'm scum and Free Beer isn't? Why are you voting him then?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 06, 2009, 04:02:15 pm »

I'm not.  ::)
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 06, 2009, 08:47:01 pm »

Let me get this straight: Everyone wants me to decide who gets lynched, to the point of voting me when I say I can't decide it by myself. Furthermore, when I tried to gather enough information to decide it for myself, nobody played along and instead just sat back and accused me of being scum.

Wonderful. A sociologist would have a field day.

You want me to decide who to lynch? Fine. Unvote.

All my votes are now on JanusTwoface. Janus, I don't like the way you've been lurking. It strikes me as someone deliberately trying to fly under the radar. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 06, 2009, 09:15:34 pm »

I'm not.  ::)

Oops.

Free Beer is right, oddly. FoS everybody who refused to argue why they shouldn't be lynched.. which, oddly, I think is everybody else. Moot point, I guess. Still, it's almost like the scum expected him to get lynched and so didn't even bother trying to defend themselves.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 06, 2009, 09:15:55 pm »

I still think it's Free Beer / Mr.Person.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 06, 2009, 09:18:45 pm »

Wonderful. A sociologist would have a field day.
One of those would have a field day on any normal day on the Bay12 forums!

Yeah, using your power was smart, and it seems to have been used very well. I commend you.

I also thought you'd kill me off for spearheading a bandwagon against you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 07, 2009, 11:51:50 am »

Good. At least now we can learn something.

Anyone who hasn't voted yet, vote! If he's lying and has no votes then your vote counts, and even if he can decide who gets lynched today at least we can learn something from how you voted.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #399 on: September 07, 2009, 01:10:13 pm »

Mod
- Can we get an official end time for the day?  Preferably a time rather than time left, but either works.
- If we have a firm time by which people have to post, it might bring a few more lurkers out to play.
- For future games, there should be some way to discourage lurkers.  But that's just my opinion and doesn't really need to be addressed at this point.

Short version (for any of you still on Dial-Up  :-\):
- It was Labor Day weekend, so I've not been paying terribly much attention to my computers.  I'm back now.
- Please don't lynch me, I'm innocent!
- Vote Free Beer (OMGUS is pointless if he's telling the truth and if he's lying, why wouldn't we lynch him?)
- Mr.Person and major_sephiroth are next on my suspicion list (although there might be lurkers that I'm missing).
- One of the scum is likely to be a lurker.  With (at least) two more active players, it would be even easier to hide under lurking.

Long version (aka Wall of Text):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Random comment:
And I want major_sephiroth to show up and post today.
Different time zones are annoying, aren't they? I'm GMT-10, Australian Eastern Standard Time.  Blame the fact the earth is a sphere!
Closer to an oblate spheroid actually, but who's keeping track?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2009, 01:18:41 pm »

I'mma rage if JanusTwoFace is scum.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 07, 2009, 01:24:12 pm »

Quote from: JanusTwoface
But now it's too late.  Maybe it was a better idea to try to get as much information from the town as possible earlier, but now that that hasn't worked, you are (also) trying to distance yourself from Free Beer.

You just said that Free Beer's plan of defending yourself (That really was the plan, btw) was stupid, yet in this line you're defending the plan. Also, you aren't trying to defend yourself from Free Beer, it's almost like you've given up and know he won't change his mind. Or were you trying to get him to vote me or major_sephiroth?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2009, 01:28:34 pm »

Quote from: JanusTwoface
But now it's too late.  Maybe it was a better idea to try to get as much information from the town as possible earlier, but now that that hasn't worked, you are (also) trying to distance yourself from Free Beer.

You just said that Free Beer's plan of defending yourself (That really was the plan, btw) was stupid, yet in this line you're defending the plan. Also, you aren't trying to defend yourself from Free Beer, it's almost like you've given up and know he won't change his mind. Or were you trying to get him to vote me or major_sephiroth?

That's not exactly what I meant.  I never thought that the idea of defending yourself in that manner was a good idea.  "Maybe it was a better idea" was trying to look at it from the point of view of the scum team.  It would have been a good plan for the scum trying to collect information if it had worked better.

I would much rather that he not vote me but he does look somewhat scummy.  If he is, then he knows I'm town and there no particular reason to change his vote.  Personally, I'd rather him not use his power, but if does use it, than yes, I would prefer major_sephiroth or you (in that order).

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2009, 01:31:58 pm »

I, too, would prefer it if he changed his vote over to major_sephiroth. Personally, I'm thinking Janus is town. Stupid town, but town. I mean, saying 5 things about yourself is not rolefishing, why do you think it is?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #404 on: September 07, 2009, 01:36:57 pm »

I think that it would be enough information to figure out the roles, unless one is very careful.  Also, I think I might disagree more with how Free Beer proposed the original idea than the idea itself.  I tend to get a little twitchy when someone says "defend yourself or die."

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35