Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A Lone Outpost-DF Community Game -CLOSED LOOK FOR OTHER THREAD-  (Read 8562 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Lone Outpost-DF Community Game -2 dwarfs left, game started!-
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 03:17:32 pm »

I like it so far! How close is the fort to the volcano?

That ledge that the wagon is on, its over the volcano
is that close enough? :P

Basque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 04:46:06 pm »

Wow, I can't believe we wound up right on top of the volcano like that. Awesome! XD

It looks like you brought War Dogs, and is the other thing a donkey or alpaca or something? It'd be nice to know if we embarked with anything cool or different.

Otherwise it looks like so far so good. It seems that we have some clay to dig into which will be good for farming. I also think we should find the magma ASAP so as to get the metal industry going proper. I like the large farm size, but I'd like it to be split into multiple farm plots so we can grow different types of plants. How many seeds did we set out with? If you're okay with Audience input here's my plan for the farm plots:

Plot 1: Sweet Pods Spring/Summer, Plump Helmets Autumn/Winter
Plot 2: Plump Helmets Spring, Cave Wheat Summer/Autumn, Plump Helmets Winter
Plot 3: Plump Helmets Spring, Pig Tail Summer/Autumn, Plump Helmets Winter

That's assuming you just have the brew-able seeds. If we have spare plump helmets seeds having a plot that grows Plump Helmets year round couldn't hurt. If we have Quarry Bush grow it in every season except Winter, then Plump Helmets in Winter. If we do have Quarry Bushes' we'll need a Farmer's Workshop to harvest the leaves so they can be used in the Kitchen.

Hopefully come Harvest time we'll have enough barrels or rock pots to keep the harvest in.

Thanks for the update! I'm excited to hear more about the fortress and see something new from you soon! :)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 06:21:38 pm »

Wow, I can't believe we wound up right on top of the volcano like that. Awesome! XD

It looks like you brought War Dogs, and is the other thing a donkey or alpaca or something? It'd be nice to know if we embarked with anything cool or different.

Otherwise it looks like so far so good. It seems that we have some clay to dig into which will be good for farming. I also think we should find the magma ASAP so as to get the metal industry going proper. I like the large farm size, but I'd like it to be split into multiple farm plots so we can grow different types of plants. How many seeds did we set out with? If you're okay with Audience input here's my plan for the farm plots:

Plot 1: Sweet Pods Spring/Summer, Plump Helmets Autumn/Winter
Plot 2: Plump Helmets Spring, Cave Wheat Summer/Autumn, Plump Helmets Winter
Plot 3: Plump Helmets Spring, Pig Tail Summer/Autumn, Plump Helmets Winter

That's assuming you just have the brew-able seeds. If we have spare plump helmets seeds having a plot that grows Plump Helmets year round couldn't hurt. If we have Quarry Bush grow it in every season except Winter, then Plump Helmets in Winter. If we do have Quarry Bushes' we'll need a Farmer's Workshop to harvest the leaves so they can be used in the Kitchen.

Hopefully come Harvest time we'll have enough barrels or rock pots to keep the harvest in.

Thanks for the update! I'm excited to hear more about the fortress and see something new from you soon! :)

I'll probably start the 3 plot once we get enough useless migrants to be farmers, then we can get that working well

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 10:00:50 pm »

Also, sorry i havent been posting too much today guys, I promise ill have alot done tomorrow, ive just been busy all day.

Basque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:51 pm »

I'll look forward to the updates tomorrow (or really later today in EST) then! Since we already embarked with a smith I'm excited to know what kind of metals we have available. Also we only got to see one floor of the fortress but I saw stairs, so it will be great to see how far you can build it next update.

And since my fellow farmer is an Herbalist, I think we should gather some plants from the very start and then either eat or process them for their seeds. I'm going to request we start outdoor farming at some point (hopefully using the channel+floor trick to keep it safe) but since that's more complicated it can wait a bit. Speaking of which, what kind of gather-able plants are around us?

Sorry if I'm jumping ahead with all the farming talk. XD I'm just really excited because this is my first time participating in a community game. Good luck with the next update! ^^

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 11:34:47 am »

Due to my lack of time to be able to play DF- how about we turn this into a "Lets Play"? Ill get the save uploaded.
edit: Whats that site that everyone uses to upload lets plays?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:38:56 am by Carcanken »

Basque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 02:46:32 pm »

Just checking a few other threads it looks like people have used http://dffd.wimbli.com/ in all the threads I checked. What's going on that's taking up all your time? You don't need to feel pressured to update immediately, just as soon as you can.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 03:24:23 pm »

Do mean a succession game by lets play?
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 03:26:30 pm »

Yeah

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 03:29:03 pm »

Nice. I always love a good succession game.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3]