Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: My country is better!  (Read 21978 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My country is better!
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2009, 01:44:04 am »

...How can you be active on the same time of day as me, despite being on the other side of the world?
Huh? You talking to me? It's ~1/4 to 5 here.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2009, 01:46:35 am »

IMO, I reckon the Turkish were quite polite in Gallipoli, certainly not as bad as they are made out to be back then, and sometimes now days. It's a little disappointing when the major Gallopili film only shows one viewpoint towards the campaign (and WWI in general), that being of the British Australian. Yet Gallipoli was not much more than a training ground for the Australian troops, compared to the Western Front.

(if my history teacher is right)
He's right, there are many recounts from soldiers on both sides describing them gathering the trench. I cannot comprehend what they went through in WWI. Also, them playing cricket wouldn't be too far fetched, they played football one Christmas eve on the Western Front.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2009, 01:47:26 am »

While we're on the subject of the Gallipoli landings, the only thing I remember from some documentary I saw ages ago was a bloke saying about how after some really fierce battle or something, with lots of dead in the no-man's-land, an Aussie yelled out "Play you again next Saturday!".

Yeah, Gallipoli was oddly polite. There's plenty of urban legends of the Aussies and Turks calling a ceasefire to play cricket for an hour, which are probably false, but one thing that is true (if my history teacher is right) is that every now and then both sides would call a ceasefire and get up out of the trenches to collect the dead, supposedly the Aussies would sometimes play cricket during these ceasefires, it's unknown if any Turks joined in or not.

Even better, the Turks and ANZACs (Kiwis fought there too y'know) actually traded supplies during the ceasefires.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2009, 01:49:31 am »

I love how we keep derailing this thread to talk about Australia.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2009, 02:39:56 am »

Australia is like a black hole of awesomeness that redirects all nearby trajectories into it's infinite grasp.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2009, 02:47:36 am »

I'd like to talk about Australian History somemore, but don't want to derail the read any more than it has.

(New Rule for this thread: Australia's already better, don't mention it?)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2009, 02:53:15 am »

I'd like to talk about Australian History some more, but don't want to derail the read any more than it has.
Maybe someone should go make a thread about it.
(New Rule for this thread: Australia's already better, don't mention it?)
Seconded!
My full sig

nabki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2009, 05:05:03 am »

Okayy... My country is better because the coffee is so thick it goes solid if it cools, the tea is so sweet it can be used as a glue substitute, and the wildlife is not homicidal. We're also in the axis of evil. Beat that.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2009, 06:24:41 am »

China has Pandas. Do you have Pandas?

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2009, 06:29:09 am »

No, but we do have tulips. Which we got from Turkey. Which leads us to Gallipoli and Australia again.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2009, 06:41:17 am »

Australia is like a black hole of awesomeness that redirects all nearby trajectories into it's infinite grasp.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2009, 07:33:50 am »

Our windmills are more Oldschool...
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2009, 07:53:17 am »

Our windmills are more Newschool.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2009, 07:54:14 am »

We have no windmills.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2009, 09:04:25 am »

But what are the knights supposed to charge at?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6