Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1701005 times)

Baardago

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #5505 on: March 18, 2012, 09:48:58 am »

Hey, hey, peeps! How's it going?

So, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here with a problem I'm having. Stonesense keeps getting a C++ runtime error on startup, after spending about a minute or two trying to connect to DF. Thing is that I already have all the required redistributables, including the SP 1. So, what gives? Any ideas? I'm also running it as administrator as it won't even start if I don't.

Would be nice to get Stonesene working, as a I love DF, but am also a pretty visual guy, so Stonesense would make the experience even better.

Cheers.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: March 18, 2012, 11:09:44 am »

Latest Version
Stonesense is currently being maintained and distributed as a part of the DFHack package, for more details see the DFHack thread.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: March 18, 2012, 04:26:22 pm »

Those dwarves are awesome!

Can we do the high-resolution thing with floors and walls and stuff too?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: March 18, 2012, 04:26:42 pm »

Certain custom buildings still seem to crash it outright... Any ideas what might be causing this?

Building RAW:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the only one of my custom buildings that crash.. is there any way to get stonesense to only draw a simple graphic instead of using the custom building blueprints that build ingame graphics automatically from the building tiles?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: March 18, 2012, 04:35:18 pm »

none of the buildings are done automatically, other than in a very basic fasion.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: March 18, 2012, 04:36:34 pm »

Those dwarves are awesome!

Can we do the high-resolution thing with floors and walls and stuff too?

any sprite that is set by an xml file can be at any resolution that's a power of two multiple of the default size. this include lower resolutions too.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: March 18, 2012, 04:49:07 pm »

Do you have any idea what might be causing my custom buildings to crash then? It even happens if i copy the soapmaker building xml for one of my new buildings.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: March 18, 2012, 05:15:38 pm »

no idea. What are your buildings made from? Any custom materials?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: March 18, 2012, 05:16:42 pm »

actually.. hmmm.. that could be the problem, currently one of them is made from nothing, I'll try that out, see if it fixes the problem.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: March 18, 2012, 05:18:31 pm »

that nay be an issue, I'll try to fix that.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: March 18, 2012, 05:21:05 pm »

Yep, that did the trick, building a custom building with no building items crashes it. Gave my buildings a generic    

[BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

and they show up fine now.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: March 18, 2012, 05:23:11 pm »

Allright, I'll try to get that fixed

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: March 18, 2012, 10:24:13 pm »

Agreed! Also, there's something to be said for the 200x zoom in Stonesense, and I really do like the larger sprites. Anyway, I decided to throw together a basic style for some job icons. So far, I'm thinking color-coded backplates for the job family, with an icon that represents their specialty (if we can get that)

A different style of base icon, or perhaps just a lone colorized Weapon Icon, can be used to represent specific types of soldier.

These are nice. Easy to look at and get the info you want from them.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

sedna16

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: March 19, 2012, 08:41:07 am »

Stonesense is crashing when I try to open it. I'm playing on DF 34.05  :(

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: March 19, 2012, 04:00:48 pm »

So, bear with me here on this possible idea, sprites from dollhouse furniture...?

What are you guys trying to do: make cool looking small pictures of furniture, possibly from several angles....

Small furniture:

I doubt any of you would buy actual physical dollhouse furniture you could photograph from any angle (or like, "make a website" showcasing pictures for someone who already had it :P) there are craploads of pictures if you Google variations of "dollhouse furniture." They make tons of styles etc and a photograph as a sprite will of course be more realistic than any possible drawing. It might be possible to just make it...

We all know I'm crazy, but am I completely off the deep end here? I'm imagining I'm either nuts, or just coming up with an idea your average straight white male internet user wouldn't think of....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:03:33 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 379