Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696462 times)

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2475 on: February 12, 2010, 03:12:22 am »

I reinstalled and its working just fine now.

Also - I've recently developed a habit of constructing my forts out of Olivine which renders a nice dark green in VisualFortress and Khazad, any plans for more coloured walls in later versions of Stonesense?

We do support walls of any color or texture really, the only thing needed is that someone draws some Olivine walls :) After that it's just a matter of adding them to the config system.
What Visfort and khazad do is to take one default texture, then shade that to different colors. We have been playing with that for Stonesense too (Japa did some really promising work), and white it's a cheap solution it will never look as good as if we actually drew some Olivine walls.

@Kaelem Gaen: I talked with peterix the other day, and he said dfHack should be compatible with 40D17 now. But there might be some bugs. That's why I'm a little reluctant to release it until we know it works (at least close to) 100%.
But like you pointed out, it's in the SVN if anyone feels adventurous :)

nogibator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: February 12, 2010, 05:58:41 am »

hey guys, there is a question: is there any plans to integrate df controls in stonesense?
cause we all know that it is great to have such a nice visualizer, but it will be double as great to be able to actually play df in it. was there any kind of conversation with Toady, cause i think dwarf fortress can extend it's popularity with such a nice interface and it's in Toady's interest to extend df popularity.
i'm not talcking about changing original df interface, just supposing that it would be cool to minimize df, launch stonesense, then press d-h and designate channel.

and it would be cool and profitable for everybody to have people informed on df download page that there is such an interface.

sorry for bad grammar, nnes.
sorry for bad grammar, not native english speaker

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: February 12, 2010, 06:10:51 am »

What Visfort and khazad do is to take one default texture, then shade that to different colors.

Actually Khazad dose use multiple textures and then shades them multiple colors, each material can have its own texture/color pairing or use a raw texture without shading if desired, its all in the XML.  Naturally we lack enough textures having even less the StoneSense.  Though I did recently add the ability to utilize textures held in grid form which should help me 'borrow' some of yours :P

hey guys, there is a question: is there any plans to integrate df controls in stonesense?

If you ask peterix he might try some simple keyboard input simulations, this has been demonstrated to work but is cumbersome as DFHack sends artificial keyboard events into SDL which DF consumes.  You'd have to have a good case as to which functionality you think should be done and why it would be worth while.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:15:32 am by Impaler[WrG] »
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: February 12, 2010, 06:17:23 am »

Please excuse me if it was answered (it should be, I think, but didn't find it in the wiki, readme, or first post) :

Is there a mean to change the color of some wall blocks (I've seen you're talking about it juste before) ?

Cause here is the thing :
I've made  a (red) Kaolinite arena, with (shiny white) Marcasite walls and statues, and some (darkgray) Charcoal walls ...
But nothing is colored ...

I've seen it's possible (CF the ScreenShots topic, with the darkblue Obsidian(?) walls , but ... how to ?

[EDIT] seeing the previous post now ...
where is it ? (how do I change the colors, to have red Kaolinite ?)
is there any pack of textures made by anyone (cause there are only 3-4 apcks in the wiki, and none seem to be about it) with textures for it ?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:19:19 am by tompliss »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: February 12, 2010, 06:23:13 am »

1. Create new sprites for the new wallsprites
2. create xml file detailing their use
3. add xml file to top of index

No, there's not a way to simply permit everything recolored by material...in Stonesense.

Jadael did do an all-stones pack, but they're done using real looks of them, so you may not get what you wanted with it My mistake, that DOES seem to be what you're looking for- a colored-stone package.

Not sure to what extent it's implemented, check it out.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:41:00 am by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: February 12, 2010, 06:45:46 am »

I tried to make a little something by myself (because there are red-colored stones by default, that aren't used):

Code: [Select]
<block sprite= 11 >
<!-- wall feat? -->
<terrain value= 219 />
<!-- wall feat? -->
<terrain value= 335 />
<!-- vein wall -->
<terrain value= 440 />
<material value="Stone">
<subtype value="KAOLINITE"/>
<subtype value="BAUXITE"/>
</material>
</block>
I put it in the "material stones" XML, but didn't work ...
is this one only for "not constructed" walls ?
couldn't understand ...
i'm trying the Jadael stones pack now, thanks ^^

[EDIT] didn't see the "vein wall" comment ... -_-
But why are there 2 "wall feat" comments ?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:47:46 am by tompliss »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: February 12, 2010, 06:48:22 am »

Keep in mind that earlier entries take precedent.

...thinking on this, the present MaterialWalls.xml should not actually ever show the alternate gold/silver walls...?

I'm not sure.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Spong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: February 12, 2010, 07:21:07 am »

I made this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then I saw Jadael's work - amazing stuff. My only beef is that the Olivine isn't dark enough for my taste. Also I tried installing it but it won't work for some reason - I added the .xml lines to the index file but still just shows the default textures.

I reinstalled and its working just fine now.

Also - I've recently developed a habit of constructing my forts out of Olivine which renders a nice dark green in VisualFortress and Khazad, any plans for more coloured walls in later versions of Stonesense?

We do support walls of any color or texture really, the only thing needed is that someone draws some Olivine walls :) After that it's just a matter of adding them to the config system.
What Visfort and khazad do is to take one default texture, then shade that to different colors. We have been playing with that for Stonesense too (Japa did some really promising work), and white it's a cheap solution it will never look as good as if we actually drew some Olivine walls.

@Kaelem Gaen: I talked with peterix the other day, and he said dfHack should be compatible with 40D17 now. But there might be some bugs. That's why I'm a little reluctant to release it until we know it works (at least close to) 100%.
But like you pointed out, it's in the SVN if anyone feels adventurous :)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:44:53 am by Spong »

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: February 12, 2010, 08:30:38 am »

I've been checking out my various forts with this for a little while and really like the look, I have a weakness for pixel art. One thing I really wanted to see though, was stockpiles full of finished goods. I wanted to try and put some ideas together but am not sure if the program would recognize it. Looking at the wiki I started to get the idea of how to work it but I should ask the pros first right?  :)

So, if I were to make a new folder, named "items" for instance, and add items/index.txt to the main index would it be recognized? Would Stonesense pick up a definition for a "White Chalcedony scepter" or whatever it may be? Or would even a generic "scepter" work?

Octopusfluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: February 12, 2010, 12:21:06 pm »

Stonesense can't pick up the location of items... yet.

It isn't clear how soon it'll be viable, but at least it seems to be coming, so if you did want to go ahead and make some art, no harm... just remember it won't be usable right away.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: February 12, 2010, 03:59:47 pm »

Not fast enough to work with rapid updatesanyway,
Tilesets

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: February 13, 2010, 01:26:13 am »

Well, there is a branch with items working, if you are willing to compile from a SVN checkout...

smd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: February 13, 2010, 02:29:23 pm »

One thing still missing: interaction.

I figure having a clickable interactive GUI in stonsense, relaying commands as keystrokes to background-running DF isn't possible?

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: February 13, 2010, 02:47:43 pm »

interaction isn't that important, we really need stonesense just to... see the fort, not see every single miner do his every single axe stroke.
I like sushi.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: February 13, 2010, 02:54:25 pm »

I think he meant using Stonesense as an interface for DF.  I'm all for that idea, but I have no clue how/if it would happen.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 379