Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696460 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2835 on: April 12, 2010, 06:19:35 pm »

Yea I'll miss Visual fortress.  But who knows, maybe somebody else will pick it up.  At any rate I always built my forts to look good in stonesense more than Visual fortress.  So while I'll miss it, if I could only have one or the other, I woulda picked stonesense.  Or you know, somebody could resurrect 3Dwarf.  Or maybe that K one, that one had potential.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Can't wait to view the caverns in glorious isometric glory.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: April 12, 2010, 06:55:22 pm »

yeah, stonesense is great, esp for showing what is actually happening, but some of the others are better for large scale long distance views.  And I want to see caverns in full glory!  that will be awesome.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: April 12, 2010, 08:16:22 pm »

GENTLEMEN!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Slate.

it is coming soon.

Are you trying to tell us it is slated for release?
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: April 12, 2010, 09:03:26 pm »

GENTLEMEN!

Slate.

it is coming soon.

*PUNishes the bad joke with a flood of magma*

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: April 12, 2010, 09:31:52 pm »

Wow, very cool! The professions are represented in the graphics?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: April 12, 2010, 10:10:43 pm »

GENTLEMEN!

Slate.

it is coming soon.

*PUNishes the bad joke with a flood of magma*

Hey stop picking on GFXiNXS.

Komdour

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats with these Urist McBlabla's anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: April 13, 2010, 12:08:18 am »

(because I don't feel like searching 190 pages, even though I'm sure it's been asked before) Is there any plan to implement a GUI into this?

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: April 13, 2010, 02:21:53 am »

No, and there is a search function.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Gauphastus

• Bay Watcher
  • y hello der
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: April 13, 2010, 04:20:25 am »

Looking good, guys. Aside from DF itself, Stonesense is something I really enjoy checking in on.
Keep it up.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: April 13, 2010, 06:02:01 am »

wow, just wow.

But are those items or floor tiles?

nah, just stockpile markers. It is still cool however!

But wait! Yes, there are stockpile markers, as represented by the black lines, but look! LOOK!

Not at me, you fool, the picture! Gaze upon the... the... CORNERS OF THE TILES!

Cast your eyes upon the big rooms, and then the upper-left main corridor! THE CORRIDOR!

Could it be... Could it be?

Do my eyes deceive me?

Is this even a possibility?

Burrows?

Spoiler: Disclamer. (click to show/hide)
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: April 13, 2010, 10:40:17 am »

Ok, a stonesense creature sprite question;

Will the new version of stonesense identify castes other than just male and female?  Say if somebody has a creature that has different coloration based on caste, would it be possible to make a sprite swap that has a different scale color for each caste?  Like say Red, Green, Blue, White and Black as an example totally pulled out of thin air that has absolutely nothing to do with what I may or may not have done.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KillHour

• Bay Watcher
  • One of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: April 13, 2010, 10:46:33 am »

Ok, a stonesense creature sprite question;

Will the new version of stonesense identify castes other than just male and female?  Say if somebody has a creature that has different coloration based on caste, would it be possible to make a sprite swap that has a different scale color for each caste?  Like say Red, Green, Blue, White and Black as an example totally pulled out of thin air that has absolutely nothing to do with what I may or may not have done.

Somebody's playing around with dragons....

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: April 13, 2010, 11:05:21 am »

(because I don't feel like searching 190 pages, even though I'm sure it's been asked before) Is there any plan to implement a GUI into this?

I myself always thought that simple user commands wouldn't be that hard to pass back to DF. However, the first and formost thought in my mind is of how that would affect Tarn's project in the larger sense. I don't want this to become something that people wont play DF without, because the development of Stonesense can't keep pace with the development of the new versions of DF, and all the contriubtors to Stonesense can't guarantee continual work on this project the way Tarn does for DF.

My fear is that, in the long run, too much dependance on Visualizers as a GUI could damage Tarn's income, or his drive to work on DF, when suddenly the visualizer won't work on the newest version. Moreover, DF is still in active development, and this visualizer will require continual work to keep pace with new developments. Already, I've seen a number of posts that people are sticking with old versions just so they can continue to use Stonesense, which is highly worrying to me.

I'd personally love to see this as a full GUI some day, because I know it would improve my experience... but only if Tarn is comfortable with it, and willing to let it happen.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: April 13, 2010, 11:13:04 am »

Incidentally, has the Stonesense team come up with any clever way of handling Z-level cutaways vs. irregular cavern ceilings?  I think it's going to end up being a major annoyance in both the isometric and overhead perspective.

KillHour

• Bay Watcher
  • One of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: April 13, 2010, 11:37:50 am »

Incidentally, has the Stonesense team come up with any clever way of handling Z-level cutaways vs. irregular cavern ceilings?  I think it's going to end up being a major annoyance in both the isometric and overhead perspective.

You could always make 'unimportant' layers transparent.  Determining what is unimportant would be the difficult task.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 379