Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696485 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #435 on: November 03, 2009, 03:56:11 pm »

I made a new chest, hope you like it.

OLD CHEST.

NEW CHEST.

I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Lightbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 03, 2009, 04:19:31 pm »

I just downloaded Stonesense and got an error telling me I was missing alleg42.dll. I found a copy of this online and put it in the same folder as the executable however I now get an error saying 'unable to set graphics mode'. I'm not sure if the two things are related or not.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Lightbulb

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 03, 2009, 05:28:35 pm »

Here is a quick and bland goblin to fight off the questionmark invasion.

I whiped it up prettyfast so if someone takes a better stab at this that would be awesome ;)

Also... currently its not possible to display Job sprites right? Any idea on how possible that will be in the future?

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #438 on: November 03, 2009, 05:56:01 pm »

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know I'm not dead (yet)!
I just got a grapefruit-sized kidney stone on Monday and have been enjoying it (and large doses of painkillers) ever since. And tomorrow I'll be going on a short businessish trip for the weekend, but rest assured. All appropriate feedback and kudos will be handed out once I get back :)

Take care guys!
« Reply #439 on: November 03, 2009, 05:57:24 pm »

Oh man. Good luck with the recovery.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 03, 2009, 07:00:21 pm »

Is it a violation of Stonesense's license to point and say "Hey Toady could use your money if you like this game" somewhere in the program?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Seth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 03, 2009, 07:15:23 pm »

this looks great, nice job all

I have to say though I think the graphics are too happy: DF (and roguelikes in general) has always seemed to me to be a very dark game.  Which is fine, I think its best if people can choose whatever graphics they want, but I hope there will be the capability to make your own tilesets

Octopusfluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 03, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »

I have to say though I think the graphics are too happy: DF (and roguelikes in general) has always seemed to me to be a very dark game.  Which is fine, I think its best if people can choose whatever graphics they want, but I hope there will be the capability to make your own tilesets

Dark? I dunno about that. It seems there's a lot of cheerfulness about slaughtering your own dwarves. Why not have the game be bright and sunny about it too? :D

As for customization.. Well, yeah. But it's a lot of work; just getting a default base graphic set together is a good bit of work. It's amazing this much has happened already.

7¢ Nickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 03, 2009, 07:56:21 pm »

Ok, first off to jonas, OWWWWWWWWWWWW! Passing chunks of mineral through your urinary tract does not sound like fun times. 

Anyway, Solifuge, I fiddled with the levers a bit to try and fix the issues you brought up.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 03, 2009, 08:18:32 pm »

I just downloaded Stonesense and got an error telling me I was missing alleg42.dll.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Ive heard of others having the same problem- either go download allegro itself, or head over to the googlecode page and dig alleg42.dll out of the repository.
http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/source/browse/trunk/alleg42.dll
I hope there will be the capability to make your own tilesets
All the graphics are png, so you can swap in your own versions. A lot is becoming configurable, so you can handle different base DF data, as well (eg mods).

Sabre_Justice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 03, 2009, 09:54:01 pm »

Call me dumb, but how exactly do I get this thing to load a map? I've downloaded it into the DF folder, but it opens to say 'no map loaded' and I don't know how to get it to display my fortress.

MP2E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 03, 2009, 10:39:07 pm »

Stonesense is no where near as quick as it is in that video for me... It is horribly horribly laggy. I cannot even use the tool to be honest. I am running Arch Linux x64, and my CPU is a Pentium Dual 2.2ghz Nvidia 7100 and 3 GB of RAM. I dunno why it lags so bad...

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 03, 2009, 10:44:47 pm »

Call me dumb, but how exactly do I get this thing to load a map? I've downloaded it into the DF folder, but it opens to say 'no map loaded' and I don't know how to get it to display my fortress.
What version of DF are you using?
Stonesense is no where near as quick as it is in that video for me... It is horribly horribly laggy. I cannot even use the tool to be honest. I am running Arch Linux x64, and my CPU is a Pentium Dual 2.2ghz Nvidia 7100 and 3 GB of RAM. I dunno why it lags so bad...
You should be able to use it for screenshots, I mean... pentium 2.2 ghz isn't even on the scale versus i7 4.0 ghz but it could be an issue with 64bit *nix?. How's your fps without stonesense?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 03, 2009, 10:57:30 pm »

this looks great, nice job all

When I was considering the original style I wanted to go with on the tiles, I considered something really grim and gritty for a while... but for some reason, the perverse irony of cartoony dwarves building magma-powered deathtraps that they dump on diplomats and the bourgeoisie, and cleaving cartoony goblins in two with big shiney axes was too great to pass up.

There's something decidedly "Itchy and Scratchy" or "Ren and Stimpy" about it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 10:59:26 pm by Solifuge »

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2009, 11:53:26 pm »

Video of Stonesense in action for those who can't run it well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUYIZsu664

Yeah, I got so distracted when things started dying.  :'(

I was not expecting to see Halltraded.  I broke out laughing at the "oh, fire" comment.

That would be 10x more epic when my waterwheels were actually sprited.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 379