Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696523 times)

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1230 on: November 20, 2009, 07:53:58 pm »

Alright, I tweaked the jeweler's eyepiece slightly - Does this make it better? It might be for the best to just leave it off. Also included some other colors of gems for variety.
I knocked out that highlight on the sides of the beards - since you pointed it out, it was
I also toned down most of the outlines, mainly for the outlines against the skin and  the lighter clothes.

Jeweler's loupe looks fine to me.

dyze: Don't forget vertically tiling. I think I'll make script repeat a tile x*y*z. Easy enough t'do.

Jarathor, your fisherdwarf made me take a few minutes to makeI overdid the monocle, I think.
Brilliant! I'm wondering if the nobels should remain purple now...

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 20, 2009, 08:13:25 pm »

Whee, altered my code, runs successfully first time.
...Looks like most/all of them are going to have this vertical tiling difficulty, due to the subtle grade from dark to light vertically.

Smooth shale does not, though. Hmm...how do I want to do the mass-test. Do I want to do the mass test.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 20, 2009, 08:53:15 pm »

Hooray for scripting! 7290 selects, cuts, and pastes automatically.
Jadael: Your tiletests are ready.
CobaltKobold, could you do that again but stack each type at least three tiles deep both ways?
Thumbnailed...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:02:50 pm by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 20, 2009, 08:55:32 pm »

This isn't what I did, but I can make just a set of overlays that you can drop any rock texture behind and set the overlay to hard light (or your image editor's equivalent). It will give similar, possibly superior results.

And someone can maybe go over them by hand to draw them with just three shades to fit with the pixely style of the rest of the graphics.

Although, from what I've seen in my tests, the 'realistic' background isn't that distracting because it's all very soft, with no outlines. It all blends together, sort of like how a painted background behind a cel shaded character doesn't distract event hough it's more 'detailed'.
~ T

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 20, 2009, 08:56:53 pm »

Hey since this project is really starting to kick off, I think it'd be a great idea to place a link to the donation page for Toady in a fairly high traffic area in the app (top middle of the screen 'Donate Please' IMO).
Its not a big thing to do, so just get it in there now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 20, 2009, 09:00:20 pm »

That is very annoying DJDD.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 20, 2009, 09:02:26 pm »

A couple of the ones that don't tile very well aren't a problem (like raw gold veins) as they don't come in large quantities anyway.

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 20, 2009, 09:24:27 pm »

I though the plan was to use about a dozen gray scale templates and then colorize them not to have an image for every type of stone, their are just so many its not practical to do it any other way.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 20, 2009, 09:51:48 pm »

Quote from: #dfhack
    [19:20:14] <SevenCentNickel> What kind of horrible escher fort are you building?

Behold: Eschertower, the Architecture of Headaches!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 20, 2009, 09:57:05 pm »

Impaler[WrG]: "It cannot be done!" should not be said to those doing it. Though, I'll probably agree that we aren't likely to see all the native gems/floors/engraveds (you can't construct or make blocks with gems) done.

It occurs to me that these tiles won't look near as good with the 4-thick "filler floor"...they're calibrated for a perfect/1px thin floor. (As are my mockup scripts..) so yeah. I'm not sure how to deal with the thickfloors that make it non-isometric.

A couple of the ones that don't tile very well aren't a problem (like raw gold veins) as they don't come in large quantities anyway.
Oky, here's my take, now that I've looked a bit more.
It looks like (natural, smoothed, engraved, constructed(blocks), constructed(stones))
Many(many!) smoothed tiles (and the sands) have tiling issues with a dark/light contrast. The soils look ok in this regard.

Some of the block-constructed(col4/9) ones are too dark under the lower stone- silver ore in particular.
all the gold ore tiles are problematic in tiling.
Cassiterite-engraved looks ugh.
Bismuthinite looks funny, but I think it's supposed to- and none of it is tiling problems, anyway, so you're good.
Copper Ore looks a little dull to me- it's Native Copper, after all.
Gold Ore looks like copper to me- but don't take this and the prior as word. I'm no geologist.

Missing Soils: Silty Clay Loam, Pelagic Clay, Calcareous Ooze, Siliceous Ooze
Missing Ores: Native Aluminum, Raw Adamantine
Missing Economic: the other coal (only one is there, there's Bituminous and Lignite in DF)
Missing Other (important ones, to me, bolded): Slate, Cinnabar, Cobaltite, gypsum, talc, jet, puddingstone, petrified wood, graphite, brimstone, kimberlite, realgar, orpiment, stibnite, marcasite, sylvite, cryolite, ilmenite, rutile, chromite, pyrolusite, pitchblende, borax, olivine, hornblende, kaolinite, serpentine, orthoclase, microcline, mica, saltpeter, alabaster, selenite, satinspar, anhydrite, alunite
Present: 61. Yet to do:43.
Also needed: Ramp and stair (edit: and floor) forms, in carved and constructed and constructed block forms.
(The ramps are the nasty part.)

in re: Eschertower: Hey, I see some ramps with issues in those walkways.
Tilesets

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 20, 2009, 10:01:01 pm »

in re: Eschertower: Hey, I see some ramps with issues in those walkways.
Quote from: Stonesense/TODO.txt
For later versions:
Better ramp handling- Big lookup table?

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 20, 2009, 10:01:55 pm »

Can you make both raw constructed ramps and block constructed ramps? And both raw and block stairs? In DF, I mean.

EDIT: And yeah, copper ore really is peach and green, not brown as DF displays. The green is the copper.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:05:59 pm by Jadael »
~ T

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 20, 2009, 10:04:32 pm »

Can you make both raw constructed ramps and block constructed ramps? And both raw and block stairs? In DF, I mean.
I dont think stonesense can tell the difference between raw constructed and block constructed at this stage, but yeah, you can use blocks or raw stone for the materials

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 20, 2009, 10:12:02 pm »

*counts* ...127 gem types. Save your time, Jadael.

Jadael: I forgot fortifications! Carved and constructed and constructed(block). That'd fill out (d)esignations and (b)(C)onstructions materials anyway...

argh. Did you notice the shift from 32x32 to 32x36? your first set looks like it won't work with current stonesense just yet...and I would need to figure something strange out to get Solifuge's wacky "filler floor" deal working with my mockup scripts.
Tilesets

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 20, 2009, 10:33:23 pm »

I can just render taller blocks and slice off the top. Will just need to re-adjust the camera because right now it's set up to output 32x32 isometric.

For gems... Probably we just need a few colors (6... 12... 15 I think) and then they can be layered over other graphics.

Does DF track what rock the gems are residing in, or would we have to base it on nearby walls?
~ T
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 379