Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698877 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1755 on: December 01, 2009, 03:48:01 pm »

I'm going to have to add a vote against Deon's female dwarves as well.  Those are the first thing I've seen in this visualizer that would make it an absolute no-go for me to use Stonesense if they were included.  At the very least lose the lipstick.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 01, 2009, 03:50:56 pm »

Well another problem is that they are comical to the point where you question their ability to fulfill their duties (and there is a hint of fetishism). They also sharply contrast the dwarves and create gender inequality in a situation where they are exactly the same for the most part.

They don't seem to hold anything and their arms look immobile.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: December 01, 2009, 03:57:22 pm »

Well another problem is that they are comical to the point where you question their ability to fulfill their duties (and there is a hint of fetishism). They also sharply contrast the dwarves and create gender inequality in a situation where they are exactly the same for the most part.

They don't seem to hold anything and their arms look immobile.

Now your knit picking.

Ok people generally don't like Deons female sprites but thats going to far. Do you think he would really do something like that?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: December 01, 2009, 03:59:20 pm »

Wait you mean Fetishism? I would have thought it would be subconscious rather then intentional (hense the hint)

As for Knit Picking I prefer calling it being Critical. I usually stop myself from doing so but I guess I forgot to close the floodgates.

Not sure if I should appologise or leave it
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 04:01:00 pm by Neonivek »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 01, 2009, 04:07:29 pm »

Hey if you didn't mean it, then you didn't mean it. Spure of the moment thigs are forgiveable.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1760 on: December 01, 2009, 04:07:46 pm »

Wait you mean Fetishism? I would have thought it would be subconscious rather then intentional (hense the hint)
I vaguely remember Deon stating something about how he deeply enjoys very large-breasted women, so I guess it's intentional.
Anyway, from an artistic point of view I really enjoy them Deon. I believe colour choices are improving. It's just that I wouldn't enjoy seeing those sprites in my game :P
<3

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: December 01, 2009, 04:07:50 pm »

Ok people generally don't like Deons female sprites but thats going to far. Do you think he would really do something like that?

Do you mean the "hint of fetishism" part?  That's a pretty apt description of Deon's style, I don't think he'd even object to the label.  See the picture below:

Another quick sketch: A legendary thrower.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(no offense meant here, Deon, I'm just trying to provide some context for people's understanding of your work)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 04:15:38 pm by Footkerchief »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 01, 2009, 04:10:35 pm »

Hey if you didn't mean it, then you didn't mean it. Spure of the moment thigs are forgiveable.

On the Contrary I meant it

I just usually have enough sense to censor myself.

Or wait you meant in the other way didn't you?

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: December 01, 2009, 04:13:14 pm »

@Footkerchief = No the thing about making the felmales look less then there male counter parts.

@Neonivek = What? You've lost me, lol.

KillHour

• Bay Watcher
  • One of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 01, 2009, 04:15:27 pm »

Do you mean the "hint of fetishism" part?  That's a pretty apt description of Deon's style, I don't think he'd even object to the label.  See the picture below:

Another quick sketch: A legendary thrower.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's pretty awesome, and I definitely think Gimp Fortress should be a mod.  However, I don't think they should be the default.  ;)

Also, what the hell is up with her chin?  I don't think I've ever seen a manlier chin, even on a man.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 01, 2009, 04:16:56 pm »

TRANSLATION OF WHAT I SAID EARLIER!

When I nitpicked Deon's creations I meant every word of it.

I just usually have enough sense not to say these things for a variety of reasons (For example it didn't take that long for someone to attack my oppinion outside the basis of whether or not it was true)

Unless you meant "Didn't mean it" as in I didn't mean to post it as a whole.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 01, 2009, 04:19:55 pm »

@KillHour = No, the manlyist chin is owned by CHUCK NORRIS!

@Neoniverk = I think I understand you. You meant what you said but people kinda burst out from time to time. Looking at my post I guess I didn't make that very clear lol sorry = P

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 01, 2009, 04:53:53 pm »

I actually like the dwarfs that are already in the game.

They seem simple, and get the point across. D:

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 01, 2009, 05:19:18 pm »

Specific points that come to mind: colouration in the Humans vs. Dwarves: the dwarf's clothes use significantly fewer colours than a human equivalent.  The eye styles are also different (this is probably the most glaring of the errors).

Well, those dwarves are actually much older than the ones I have updated to try and fit in better with 7c Nickles style - I guess since I spoilered all my updates you must've missed them (or chose not to read entirety of over-long thread, which is perfectly understandable) so here's the latest ones posted again:

Spoiler: Updated Dwarves (click to show/hide)
I changed the eyes and upped the number of colors from 2 to 5.
I'll try and get an image that shows them side by side - they don't have exactly the same style, but I could try and make a few that fit more closely to his style to see how they look.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: December 01, 2009, 05:48:10 pm »

I have to agree with the majority about Deon's lady dwarves.  Several look like they wouldn't exactly be safe for work.  Enter the lady dungeon master as an example.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 379