Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 279502 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Bloodthirstiness, no. Lynch-anyone-period-bandwagon,yes.

Ok.. you are saying I'm trying to bandwagon and lynch anyone... in RVS..

"lynch anyone period" in..RVS.

This isn't a small thing to me.  This is an example of your entire argument.  You take any statement, then mold and twist it into any form of scumtell you wish it to be. 

I mean you're taking a RANDOM VOTE, the FIRST post I've made in the game, the first vote I've made when I was the first voter on Mr.Person and you made a serious accusation out of it!

I'm calling 'Tunnelvision' now.  You just don't care anymore.  You just want me lynched and looking for any means to do it.
No. The first thing after the quote is talking about the quote. After the linebreak/paragraph separator is describing non-quoted things in between the quotes.

I call BS on your selfmeta. Also, the answer to your question "How should I play?" was not answering to your meta primarily (though tht was how you played)- it was how you should play, and secondarily how you DID play.

If you're not displaying your town-tells, then...you're either a. changing your meta (hurts town) or b. not displaying them because you're not town (hurts town).

First off, you bring up my meta then discredit ANY attempt for me to talk about it as 'self-meta'.  You're not only using one of my arguments, you're using it POORLY!

The Self-meta null tell, which is something "I" use-thank you very much-is when someone first brings up meta to prove themselves as town.  I.e.

"I can't be scum.  Haven't you seen me throw Wide Scans out?  That's how I act as town.  I'm much less willing to Scan as scum."

That's an attempt to prove yourself town with your meta.  It shows that you KNOW your own meta and, thus, can control it.  It MAY be true that you are doing it as town but, thanks to you knowing, you MAY have the ability to manipulate it when you're scum.  Thus, a Null tell.

I'm not using my meta to prove I'm town. I'm using my meta to NULLIFY your own meta arguments.  You claim I'm not acting like Town-Dakarian.  I'm saying that Town-Dakarian is NOT what you think it is, which is based half on half-a-year old data and your own ideals on what I 'should' be as a player.  Unless you can prove that Recent-Town-Dakarian acts like you THINK it does (and, for all your LOVE of quotes, I see nothing of the sort for examples) your own argument is Nullified.

Prove me town?  No.  Turns your meta arguments into bullcrap?  Yes.
I'm saying you're not dropping your town tells. Now, someone who's not dropping town tells...let's see...what are they again?
When people read you, they aren't just trying to read if you are scum but also if you are town.  If you are hard to read on purpose then you are also hard to tell if you are town..which means you look MORE like scum than pro-town players do.

The ultimate goal is NOT to have a pokerface, but a 'town' face.  As town you should hunt as hard as you can and play as well as you can to win unconcerned about what tells you through.  Play like that and anyone worth their salt will see you as pro-town.

As scum?  You should then look EXACTLY AS YOU DO AS TOWN.  THAT is the goal.  Unreadable means you are trying to hide which..is actually a scumtell in itself.  Your should play town as best you can since that is as pro-town as you can get.  Then when you are scum, you should be able to mimic the look of your pro-town well enough so that people still think you are town.
SCUMMY.

I'm sure you are laughing in Quick chat about how "dakarian is getting hanged by his own devices" but you can stop now.  It's looking ugly, VERY ugly.
For you.

Lay the groundwork now, follow it (or, in unlikely towndak case, not) after you flip.

Funny, I've hosted quite a few games now.  That's EXACTLY how well set mafia tend to think.  Setup players early on..buddy this one, accuse this one..but not lynch just yet.. then checkmate!

Go and reread the QuickChat of BM4 which you remember since you were beaten by the scumteam then. 

Townies don't think like that: not the good ones.  They don't setup chain kills.  They focus one at a time.
Which is why I'm focusing on you and leaving that for later. This is easier than keeping personal notes.

If I'm not using the term as is usual in mafia, forgive me. But you are appealing to emotion with "Pages...*cry*" using the same mechanism. Why should it matter whether you're under attack? Wouldn't it be more effective to get people sympathising, perhaps subconsciously, before anybody is under fire? Isn't this why people shun/attack jokes?

If you're not using the mafia term, then don't USE the mafia term.  You're confusing everyone into thinking I did the mafia-styled appeal.

And no, people don't attack jokes because of that.  They attack jokes when the person uses the joke instead of actual content.  Even then, it's a poor argument.

And again, you're reaching for anything that can be twisted into something scummy.

that is only one case where I called you a hypocrite. Others (like the many complaints about the 'mess' and '*cry* much to scan but nothing comes up *kick*' contrasted with 'mafiascum hammer games take 9 days for first day'...or times when you are inconsistent with yourself (save cheat 'til lylo vs not)-Oh, and your "save until lylo argument" is...WIFOM!

now you're just throwing around any term that you like.

I already said that I'm allowed to say that a day is hard to handle BUT useful, even if you don't like it.  It's not hypocritical/WIFOM/Appealing to do that.

And I thought the 'save until lylo' comment was supposed to be 'bad logic', not 'wifom'. 
Let me highlight the wifom for you then, foolish Dakarian. No, wait, I already did. You were arguing that
Quote from: dakarian
the mafia don't seem afraid of it or else they'd kill you already while you were still blocked.

THIS.

IS.

WIFOM.

Seriously. "What the mafia would do" cannot be anything BUT WIFOM.

Stop WIFOMing the town.

"save the MC and scan until lylo..but that's what I want you to think!"

MEH!

You generally don't miss points. (you're calling this 'old meta' it seems)

Prove it.
Generally speaking it is usually impossible to prove something does not happen- that something happens requires only one example.

I shall not prove it, but the way you have stated "perfect robot player is oldmeta" (paraphrasing a little) suggests that you don't usually miss points.

Superkill=bypasses protection, so functionally equivalent is my point

BULLSHIT!

Superkill = can kill even when protection is active.  That's a Nightkiller being able to One-shot-kill through Leafsnail's protection.

A Daykiller is NOT known as a Superkiller.  They just kill BEFORE the protection kicks in.

No, you CAN'T flex the definition to fit your desires.  They are TWO separate things!
In both cases, he has protection. In both cases, one can kill in spite of it. Yes, they are different...HOWEVER. You're assuming you're telling the truth and you only have a one-shot daykill.
Quote from: Pandarsenic
The one-shot protection stops anything I can think of offhand except a kill by the Lord of Chaos or a Lynch.
Your kill is a superkill, as stated by the mod.

So you admit you were being selfish about it. I mean, if you weren't going to hammer, then ok- you could have either gone with the slightly smaller consensus OR put it out there "If someone else wants to hammer, don't, I'll kill him instead and we get two lynches". Treat it like Alex-chan's ability.

I want this to be made very...very clear.

So you're saying I'm supposed to use my daykill on someone I did not think was scum just because the town wants that person dead? 

Do you remember what Alex actually did with his daykill back in Bay 12?
Nope, I don't actually know what he did- haven't read that one yet, beyond looking at abilities for Special Guesting. His was actually in the form of "extra lynch" too, though it only required plurality.

addressed above under hypocrisy

Addressed above as well

Btw, I noticed you skipped #8.
Eh? It's the wording I attacked, not the timing. "would serve well as a lynch" sounds scummier than alternatives like "appears to be scum" or the like.

"Funny that" without explanation. I have two good reasons to use it on you.
1. It's something that you're claiming points scum on others and are trying to wave off from your attacks (more hypocrisy)
2. It's showing up (as you point out) rather like a cherry on top of any good scum evidence pile
3. I figured out what was wrong with my original theory about the statistics (3/4 of 9)-third/fourth not to be late to party, but to avoid being prime/second (high-visibility) and to avoid hammer (fifth), but helping to build a wagon.

In other words, "HAHA let's lynch Dakarian using his own devices."  Are you trying to get me killed as scum or just wanting to "see the mighty fall"? 

"lynch dakarian using his own devices" = "lynch dakarian for hypocrisy". and I'm Fine with that.

You said yourself that you don't care for 3rd vote.  As such you wouldn't have a reason to notice it unless it was me using it.
See above where I point at web's 4thvote
As such, the only reason you bring it up is because of the irony and the sheer pleasure its bringing you that "I would fall to my own traps."  In fact, it gives a double benefit.  Not only can you get me lynched by it, but you can prove it wrong by having it lynch a townie. 
And here I see you dropping the "BTW I'm town" scumtell. AGAIN.

It's seriously looking like you just want me killed.. not actually trying to go after scum.

More posts, more to analyze, yet you complain.

Spent an entire day working on that widescan.  You bet that I'll complain.  You'll also bet that I so much prefer it to the silent mess many of the other games deliver.

I complain about my cat, Litia, for harassing my other pets, stealing food from everyone, and being a nuance at times.  I'll kill anyone who tries to hurt her.

People who are more than one-dimensional are NOT scum.  You, of course, don't care since it's just a means to get me killed.

Quote from: CobaltKobold
I said above, this is way ANYONE should play. IF your meta is changing from 'ideal town player'...

Funny that.  I was closer to your idea of the 'ideal player' when Vector tore me to pieces back in BM1.  When I step away from your 'ideal player model', I catch scum much more regularly (to the point where I'm getting NKed left and right :P). 

Only scum worry so much about looking 'perfect' to other players.  Townies do whatever they need to so long as they scumhunt. 
You're not appearing like the town-dakarian I know. I cannot argue about a town-dakarian I do not know, so I argue from the one I do know. YOu're not it, and (see above where I quote a certain someone on town tells and the absence thereof)

Um...yeah. Wow. You're pointing out/creating your OWN WIFOM and trying to say that it's mine. No. Nice try.

Not exactly.

Your the one playing Vizzy saying that you know exactly what I planned.  You're the one willing to ignore the idea that Town-Dakarian just may have just wanted to use that Daykill right then and went strait for the Scum-Dakarian theory with no evidence of either direction.

Thus it's your wine, not mine.
If WIFOM exists then it is not mine. Two people died that day. They were both town. Ergo, you gave the town two mislynches. Already discussed how you did not do it in a way that would be making it a "bonus lynch".

The defeatism appears to be crossgame, not because he's scum here (And look! We can even point out that he wasn't scum here!)- that he always gets quickly lynched for being exkirby.

"ExKirby being ExKirby" was figured out AFTER that daykill.  Now, we can look at him and go "meh, Newtells".  Then it wasn't quite so clear. 
Seems patently obvious to me that it was Exkirby based on him asking for a replacement.

So yes, it's easy to read him now.  If you knew of it then I would've loved to have heard of it while I was asking everyone how they felt about an ExKirby Vig.
Well, as you may have noticed I was NOT THERE to object. It's a hammer game. The day lasts...as long as it is wanted. Somewhat differently, ExKirby would last an amount of time of your choice. Your choice precluded my objection.

They're your scummy actions-I shouldn't have to explain your actions. Explaining why they're scummy- that I'm doing. (Assuming people will grasp a concept when I display only necessary steps is a failing of mine sometimes.)

The problem is that for much of them you DON'T explain why they are scummy. A one word "that's bad" is NOT explaining yourself.  I have to guess at 'why' you thought something looked bad in order to speak about them, and at that point I'm creating the argument for you.
See above "That's funny" you're pulling on my "third vote use", where you are doing the EXACT SAME THING. Hypocrite.

Explain this one, because it's sounding like you're just after my play style with this, not actually aiming for scum.
See pokerface comment of yours. Again.

Quote from: CobaltKobold
Quote from: dkarian
I'm not the Perfect Robot Player that you think I am and frankly, I dislike the idea of getting lynched because of it.
Fear of death, noted.

Third use of my style, noted.

Which further adds to the "get dakarian lynched by his own devices" argument, which isn't exactly scumhunting, but just trying to get me killed in a very ironic way.
YES I want you lynched by your own scummy actions.

Lastly
And now again. The house of cards tumbles down...

Allow me to replace it with a brick castle.
Dakarian cancels Construct Building: Job object lost or destroyed.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Everyone:

CobaltKobold has NOT been trying to actually scumhunt.  The only thing she has truly been doing is attempting to destroy my playing style.  Instead of using her own arguments and reasonings to find scum, she's been looking for every attempt to 'throw my own arguments at my face' to both kill me off and discredit my arguments even after I'm dead.  She bends definitions, arguments, and past posts into any form of attack she can think of. 
Using your arguments is more powerful because it means you are performing behaviors that you yourself think are scummy, making you not merely scum, but hypocritical scum.

She's not trying to lynch a scummy Dakarian.  She's just trying to get someone she thinks she can lynch, lynched.

She's already at L-2, but she clearly doesn't much find that of concern, clearly thinking that she's going to live once she revives the bandwagon on me.  She won't claim, and does little to defend herself. 
Scum are afraid for their lives. I am not. And what have I been doing, exactly?

If you find a fault in my argument against her-that you feel that she may still be town acting like this, please express them.

If you find my reasonings sound but you still have questions or are unsure then please speak to CobaltKobold about them, so you can be sure either way.

If you agree with my findings and have nothing left to offer to CobaltKobold then let's end this day and hammer her.
Agreed on all three counts.

And yes, with that, I'm done with you, Cobalt.
But I am not done with you...at least argumentwise. It looks like our debate is cut short by Mephansteras's suggestion to confirm you.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Hard hits got orphaned because I was cut/pasting them. Found 'em.

I feel, however, that I have not been entirely precise in that characterization.
"I am attacking but hedging my bets." = CAUTIOUS. lso, making other people fill in your arguments = scum:

"No particular statements because it's blatant and general" = I'm not supporting my arguments also I am attacking meta vs "Meta is not a traditional scumtell"

Then, most of the inconsistencies and hypocrisies he "seems to have found" are actually applications of different thinking to different situations, such as calling Dakarian out for a claim request just before vigging ExKirby. This may simply just be inflexible thinking, however, so I push this one somewhat less strongly and ask merely that he think harder before posting.
-more caution. Vector.

"It turns out that I was mistaken," followed by "Fifth, there still remain inconsistencies in his arguments, which he has brushed over."-hypocrisy- brushing over own mistakes, followed by accusing me of same.

" I apologize for the lack of quotations in the below; they are partially because the behaviors are rampant, and partially because it is nearly impossible to dig them out of his crunched blocks of text." vs. "I have carefully combed through the recent statements in an attempt to figure out what, precisely, was bothering me about his statements." apparent inconsistency.

a. "I feel I have not been precise in that characterization" == what I was writing was a general idea of what I meant, but not what I actually meant.  I'm sick and tired of playing word games with you because you don't like how I put something.  Is writing more precisely hedging your bets?

No.  "Hedging bets" would involve writing in your style, so that there were so many interpretations to everything you write that we cannot help being wrong, over and over again.  You are intentionally tripping people up with your explanatory system, and it ... well, I'm really tired of saying this, too, but it makes me angry.

Writing precisely means you're avoiding something.

Further, I have not seen any place in which I was allowing people to fill in my arguments.  The most I've done is said "Find your own damn quotes--I'll reference events that are easily memorable, but I'm not going to go prying those suckers out."  Lazy, maybe, but I'm not forcing others to fill anything in but your pain-in-the-ass quotations.
"Nothing! Nothing but one..."

Interesting how you'll attack me for my lack of quotations, but didn't attack Dakarian for following me on the behavior.  That's inconsistency at its finest.
I can only attack so much before I miss something.

Quote from: Vector
b. "No particular statements because it's blatant and general" != "I am attacking meta => hypocrisy."  It means "Your scumtells are all over the place, so that even a braindead two-year-old could find them without a flashlight."  Also, "if you happen to be a braindead one-year-old sans flashlight, I will be more than happy to direct you to the posts in question.  I just don't have much time right now."

It's not so much about "how you're behaving differently from usual" as it is about "how you're behaving right now, in this game alone."
..note to self: fully reconstruct quote tags in future. Anyway, here...you're...asking people to fill in the details in your arguments! Hypocrisy, and directly adjacent to where you are saying you are not asking people to fill in any of your arguments!

c. "More caution"?  More like "Vector sees a different interpretation for this behavior.  Vector thinks inflexibly across situations, himself!  It ends up looking just like this.  Maybe I should bring up this point but mostly leave it alone, given that I cannot figure out which of the two interpretations it is.  If I get more evidence for one than the other, then I will decide what to do."
Caution is for thinking, not for posting. Town-vector knows this. You, pparently, do not.

d. We seem to be using different definitions of "brushing off" and "addressing."  You brush things off, i.e. people say "You did this wrong!" and you say nothing.  I address my errors by issuing apologies for being incorrect--i.e., I admit my mistakes and don't continue to push my poorly-formed ideas after the fact.  Not hypocritical, doodabuddy.
I already issued a correction.

e. "I looked carefully through the text.  I am not, however, going to spend hours furnishing an internet forum with all the quotations coinciding to every behavior."  How is this inconsistent?
If you were looking carefully, then it would be relatively quick (quote in new tab, cut, paste into building post is how I do it) to put in evidence.

I'm not perfect and one-dimensional.  I know this.  My suggestion is that you stop complaining at people for being human, given that it is PROFOUNDLY irritating.
Is this a nice game? No. We shake people 'til scumtells fall out. Being irritating helps do that.

..if half the town is acting scummy, then I can't base my arguments against them based on that scumminess? This makes no sense, Vector. Stop grasping at straws.

If half the town is acting scummy in precisely the same fashion, then you cannot base your arguments against a single person on that ground alone.  Thus I don't think your complaints against Dakarian (where they are mostly talking about his "appeals to emotion") are valid, and I think you should know that already.
It increases their scumminess. When half the town is doing it, it makes that half scummier than the other half. One should lynch from the scummier half, no?

Further, as I've been saying: most of your stated "hypocrisy" is not hypocritical at all.  You like throwing that word around like it's candy, whereas most of what I see is "CobaltKobold is trying to get everybody lynched on the mildest of offenses."  Then, you also end up just going "HYPOCRISY!  CONTRADICTION!" with very little explanation whatsoever.  At the very least, it's severely anti-town.  At the most, it's scummy.
Finding inconsistencies is serious stuff, because scum are far, FAR more likely to be inconsistent.

You aren't addressing what I'm actually saying at all.  Finding inconsistencies: yes, that's serious stuff.  Going through yelling "HYPOCRISY AND CONTRADICTION, AND NO I WON'T EXPLAIN MYSELF!" is also serious stuff, and it happens to be ridiculously scummy.
I have explained myself.

I mean... "I've pulled the bottom card out of a house of cards again!  ;D" with THIS stuff?  Are you serious?  You aren't even addressing my accusations, and in the above tab of scummy stuff you KEEP ON WRITING THE SAME WAY.
I am addressing your accusations.

The purpose of the above statements is to inform CobaltKobold that, if he is town, he would do well to reconsider his attacking style, as it is so full of holes that the only thing it will hold is viscous liquid.  Such as scum.
The icing my be holy, but there is still a cake beneath it.

The cake is a lie.
A joke? Vector?

A popular culture reference.

... What, do I have a reputation for being humorless?
Not terribly, but jokes in lieu of scumhunting are generally considered scummy.

Second, though he addresses the WIFOM-spreading, he does not address his apparent cautiousness.  Further, all that crap about staged fights is nothing but a vat of WIFOM, and it constitutes most of his arguments against Webadict and perhaps half of the WoT against dakarian.
*shrug* It's my interpretation. It's been...interesting that they've been into each other all game. Also, the nature of the fights is very odd, since each of them are throwing mostly-bad arguments against eachother. "I have a hole but I'm not telling you" for instance.

You have a duty not to WIFOM the town.  The fact that you are doing so happily bothers me.
Happily? I retracted the statement, didn't I?

I don't see you retracting the statement.  I see you explaining it and trying to reinforce it in the above quotation.  Hence, yes.  "CobaltKobold is happily WIFOMing the town."
Calling it a staged-fight is...let's see, how is that wifom. Comparing...
"These two are scum, it's a staged fight!" "But that's what they want me to think!"
"This person is scum!" "But that's what they want me to think!"
...not seeing it.

Third, his arguments continue to be horrifyingly flimsy.  His statement was that he was pointing out "every scummy thing as it floated by, which doesn't look very town."  This is not the issue I take with his statements.  The problem is that he argues based on (extremely old) meta and, rather than searching for scumtells, seems to have confounded himself with "not-town-tells"--i.e., nulltells.
Null-tells would be either known self-used tells (which are going to be town-tells).

Uh.... no.  Null-tells are things that players do when they are town or scum.  We have three options: town-tells, null-tells, and scumtells.  The fact that Dakarian is acting in a way that does not coincide with his town-tells does not mean that he is displaying his scumtells, or is even scum.

Null-tells are either known self-used tells, or... what?  What I'm saying here is that you really aren't doing much by way of identifying scumtells.  Mostly, you're sitting about digging up nulltells, and asking us to believe you're town.
  I treat a bit more as meta than you do, I think. if someone is known for (town)strong arguments, and gives weak ones- that's both scummy(weak arguments) and metascummy(different to their town meta).

Ah-ha, kind of like you used to speak logically and coherently and suddenly you're spewing these messes.  Now I understand.

You may have gone quote-happy in BMIV, but at least you tried to explain yourself.
I am speaking logically, and trying to explain myself. Apparently you're not listening.

Further, the "appeals to emotion" he has found do not constitute true appeals to emotion.  Everyone in this thread (a generalization, as I am sure someone has been lurking too much to complain) has complained about its length/ridiculousness here or elsewhere. The "appeals to emotion" he found in me were nothing but apologies after having made grating statements.
There is quite a difference between
A bigger part tells me that Wide Scanning 19 people will make me cry.  *sigh*
and, something like "Yikes, 10 pages overnight"- for instance.

Yes.  That difference is called "personality."  Are we allowed to have those, or has King Kobold banned them, too?
No, that difference is the difference between commenting on something and hamming it up to get the town on your side for no good reason.

Also, Queen Kobold.

Maybe so.  I will continue to posit that Dakarian is acting just the way he usually does, but will leave this point for now.

Also, King Hatshepsut.
Interesting, yes, that some cultures King is Ruler, and Queen is Ruler Consort, regardless of gender. But beside any points.

I pointed it out by virtue of throwing a mass of quotes at you. I suppose saying "Here we find three buddyings, including, suspiciously, webadict!" would be superior, but communication has been a problem for me, clearly.

Yes.  I suggest you work on that.
I suppose I asked for that.

I feel like you're saying "Well, you're just too dumb to understand what I mean, then, what with my sesquipedalian diction," to which I answer "screw you."  Being smart includes knowing how to communicate, not just dicking around with things that are so obvious to you and so unobvious to us, the idiots.  This feeling increases when I remember the argument with Cheeetar, where you defined a "referent" as

referent: concept to which an indexical refers.

"An indexical?"  Really?  If you're going to bash us for spelling incorrectly (sware vs. swear), how about learning to use the correct form of a word?
I am using the correct form of the word. Indexical as noun: an indexical statement: a statement pointing at something else. "An index" does not contain this meaning.

1. Screw dictionary.com.

I used wiktionary. You start word-pedantry and don't bother to get a big thing like that right?
Have something much, MUCH better, anyway. http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/indexicals/  - the paragraph starting "According to Stanley and Szabo" explains roughly what I was pointing out at the time, a hidden referent.

2. Amusing how Dakarian has also picked up on the insane amounts of hubris you're spewing everywhere.  Not really an important point; I just think it's funny.
Hubris is unwarranted pride.

3. This is a formal request (what, the third one?) that you start working harder on communicating with us.  I don't care how awesome you think you are, you need to work on it.  You may be the best scum-hunter who ever lived, but you're just going to keep getting lynched if you continue to argue like this.
Ooh, a policy-lynch threat!
I AM trying. One, I'm not using any of the three layers of misdirection as I'm wont to do in everyday speech.
Two, ask for clarification if I'm not clear.

Fifth, there still remain inconsistencies in his arguments, which he has brushed over.  When we were still functioning under the assumption that he had indeed spoken about the doctor in BMIV, he stated that his inconsistency was reasonable given that he had started playing Mafia two weeks ago.  When I brought up the fact that he had started perhaps a month and a half ago, he completely brushed it off.

What I see here is an individual who is bending fact and, when someone brings up the fact that he is incorrect, does not correct himself, apologize, or bring up further reasoning.  He forgets the point as soon as it has been noticed, perhaps in an attempt to cause others to forget as well.
Grasping at straws, I see. You're arguing that my "If it was my first two weeks" comment is bad because it wasn't my first two weeks. However, the point that I'm making with it- that it is still incredibly early in my mafia tenure (or whatever you want to call it)- does not hinge on that fact. So yes, I don't see it as a problem to be found as mistaken or incorrect on a fact that does not impact the game. Like, for instance, if I got your gender wrong. It would not matter for the game unless it was integral to some argument. So, a pronoun inconsistency would not be grounds for "lynch all liars".

No.  My point is not about that specific inconsistency.  It is about the part where I made a remark about your being inconsistent, and you ignored it until I brought it up... again.  In combination with Dakarian's noticing you ignoring his attacks so many times, it is scummy in the extreme.

Further, it did seem to influence the game at the time.  As such, your failure to make any statement about it is suspect.

If it's so small, why not own up to it?  Why not address it?  Instead, you leave it out and later cover by saying "But that wasn't important!!"
I have made statements, I have addressed it.

Now you have, after a whole bunch of crap where I run around and try to get you to talk.  That's just fabulous.
Isn't it just?

No, it's that other people were commenting -not that the person was scum- but that their behavior(meta) was off. The overblown is because I knocked down the rest of your attacks.

Fair enough.

And now again. The house of cards tumbles down...

Wishful thinking.  You cannot bend iron bars with your desire to be free.
Clap your hands if you believe.

Code: [Select]
Useful tips for quotebrick junkies:
1. cut and paste something like [quote=Vector] and paste it when you make your breaks. saves typing.
2. Use preview. Save yourself agony of a missed tag.
3. Use another tab where you read the post you're working on to see easily what quote level the stuff you're addressing is on.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Everyone:

CobaltKobold has NOT been trying to actually scumhunt.  The only thing she has truly been doing is attempting to destroy my playing style.  Instead of using her own arguments and reasonings to find scum, she's been looking for every attempt to 'throw my own arguments at my face' to both kill me off and discredit my arguments even after I'm dead.  She bends definitions, arguments, and past posts into any form of attack she can think of. 

She's not trying to lynch a scummy Dakarian.  She's just trying to get someone she thinks she can lynch, lynched.

She's already at L-2, but she clearly doesn't much find that of concern, clearly thinking that she's going to live once she revives the bandwagon on me.  She won't claim, and does little to defend herself. 

If you find a fault in my argument against her-that you feel that she may still be town acting like this, please express them.

If you find my reasonings sound but you still have questions or are unsure then please speak to CobaltKobold about them, so you can be sure either way.

If you agree with my findings and have nothing left to offer to CobaltKobold then let's end this day and hammer her.

And yes, with that, I'm done with you, Cobalt.

I didn't see a question and still don't!
They're plain to me...I shall rephrase them in question form, because the town does feel a little underrepresented in arguments.
1.Do you(any townie) find fault in dakarian's argument? IF so, what?
2. Do you(any townie) have other misgivings? If so, ask CobaltKobold (me) about them.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

@Cobalt after all this WOT a simple question.

If you do think I'm scum, are you going to call Meph's bluff?  If not, then do you believe him?

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, what it does is very plainly removes the cases where you and he are differently aligned...
if you're scum, he's scum(town would not lie to protect you), and if he's not scum, you're not scum. (All implications are equivalent to their contrapositive: a->b := !b->!a)
But if he's scum, it means nothing on your alignment...but I'd be fine with that case because hey, lynched scum.
Similarly, if you're town, it means nothing on his alignment.

Barring miller-type deals, anyway. Though, if I lynch you, then the miller-type-deal will flip, and tell us Meph's alignment.

I think you're scum. Therefore, I think he would be scum, thanks to his investigate claim.

But, I think I want to lynch scum, rather than lynching town to find town. Therefore, vote stays on you.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Failed logic.

If I'm town it tells NOTHING of Mephs alignment since he can be honest town or scum with a fakeclaim (very easy to fake who kills who when you already know who is and is not scum).

If he's town then it heavily leads to me being town.  if he's scum then it's sure fire than I'm lynched.

Meh if he's scum I'll die gladly.  One scum for one town is about as good as it gets.

But you don't want that.  You don't care, you just want me lynched.  You KNOW you won't get me lynched if Meph confirms me.  That's all you care about after all.

So do whatever you like.  You tie the noose on your head either way, and so long as scum dies today or tomorrow, I die content.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Sooo... how long are we going to do this? Why on EARTH are we lynching Mephansteras right now, considering we have about 2 misynches left?

Because Meph, we will lose two townies in that case.  You and Dakarian.  That's just no good...which makes me wonder of my vote on Dakarian.

Unvote Dakarian.

Vote Webadict, die scum.
Yeah, sure. Whatever you want. Is this a (terribly executed) OMGUS?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what, CobaltKobold is not scumhunting. He's jumping at Dakarian and pulling out stupid stops to get it done. CobaltKobold, assume both Dakarian and Meph are scum. Who ELSE is scum?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Scumteam: Cobalt, Toonyman, some other guy.

Cobalt, because of reasons I have already stated.
Toony, because of the stupid OMGUS he did on me and how much sense he is not making.
Also, what changed your mind about Cobalt being a scum? Don't just quote a post and leave it. Quote a post, explain which parts. Put some effort in.

TOONYMAN ONLY TUNNELVISION HAHAHA I CAN GET HIM WITH THIS

Stop saying nonsense, I have absolutely NO CLUE what you are babbling about with targets and all.
Earlier you believed Cobalt was scum, because he was in one of your lists about who the scum was. Now, you don't. What changed your mind?
Answer that please, Toony.

Unvote CobaltKobold, vote Mephansteras.
After Meph turns up town and Dakarian is either night-killed or protected, we should lynch Cobalt.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Failed logic.
Failed reading.

If I'm town it tells NOTHING of Mephs alignment since he can be honest town or scum with a fakeclaim (very easy to fake who kills who when you already know who is and is not scum).
Well, what it does is very plainly removes the cases where you and he are differently aligned...
if you're scum, he's scum(town would not lie to protect you), and if he's not scum, you're not scum. (All implications are equivalent to their contrapositive: a->b := !b->!a)
But if he's scum, it means nothing on your alignment...but I'd be fine with that case because hey, lynched scum.
Similarly, if you're town, it means nothing on his alignment.

If he's town then it heavily leads to me being town.  if he's scum then it's sure fire than I'm lynched.
You're doing it wrong. If he's scum, then he is not necessarily telling the truth.

It's not quite a Knights and Knaves (pure truthtellers vs pure liars) problem.

[Meh if he's scum I'll die gladly.  One scum for one town is about as good as it gets.

But you don't want that.  You don't care, you just want me lynched.  You KNOW you won't get me lynched if Meph confirms me.  That's all you care about after all.
Probably not.

So do whatever you like.  You tie the noose on your head either way, and so long as scum dies today or tomorrow, I die content.
No, you tie the noose on your neck.

Sooo... how long are we going to do this? Why on EARTH are we lynching Mephansteras right now, considering we have about 2 misynches left?
Lessee...14:4 -> 12:4 -> 10:4.
Two and a half(nolynch). Good.
You know what, CobaltKobold is not scumhunting. He's jumping at Dakarian and pulling out stupid stops to get it done. CobaltKobold, assume both Dakarian and Meph are scum. Who ELSE is scum?
Assuming both are?
Webadict and Toony are my chief suspects.

I think I'd still like everyone's reactions to dakarian's wifom when he was talking to Webadict about use of the cheat/supercop ability:
the mafia don't seem afraid of it or else they'd kill you already while you were still blocked.
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Toony, because of the stupid OMGUS he did on me and how much sense he is not making.
Also, what changed your mind about Cobalt being a scum? Don't just quote a post and leave it. Quote a post, explain which parts. Put some effort in.

Stop saying nonsense, I have absolutely NO CLUE what you are babbling about with targets and all.
Earlier you believed Cobalt was scum, because he was in one of your lists about who the scum was. Now, you don't. What changed your mind?

After Meph turns up town and Dakarian is either night-killed or protected, we should lynch Cobalt.
REALLY?

REALLY?

So, you know for a fact he'll come up town, do ya?

DO YA CHEEETAR?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, setting up lynch chains is scummy, cheeetar.
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

REALLY?

REALLY?

So, you know for a fact he'll come up town, do ya?

DO YA CHEEETAR?
No, but a scum calling for his own lynch would be extremely stupid. He's either town or a jester, and I don't believe he's a jester.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So then why are you lynching him if you know he's town?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 151