Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 280665 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day4 - 12 alive, 2/2 replacements gained
« Reply #1845 on: December 15, 2009, 08:27:12 pm »

Ok, guys.. seriously.  I really need to understand why Mr.Person would not be scum, given that I'm the only one that keeps noticing him.

I mean, I haven't heard anything in defense of him, supporting him, or anything.. just everyone forgetting he's around.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 15, 2009, 08:31:16 pm »

Ok, guys.. seriously.  I really need to understand why Mr.Person would not be scum, given that I'm the only one that keeps noticing him.

I mean, I haven't heard anything in defense of him, supporting him, or anything.. just everyone forgetting he's around.

He might well be scum, but I'm uncomfortable with the lurkers going from day to day without anyone getting any reads on them.  It can't hurt too much to take a step back and say "Hey, you people.  What are you doing, anyway?"

And yeah, if I don't get a good scan on him myself then I don't want to vote 'im.  People give biased arguments no matter what, and even if you're town I want to get a closer look at things without your filters.

It's really a time thing, more than anything else.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 15, 2009, 09:15:44 pm »

To be true, we don't really have that many lurkers at the moment:

Cheeetar, Mephansteras, ToonyMan, Webadict, and Mr.Person don't lurk.

GlyphGryph, and Diakron are replacements to people who've been gone or MEH all game.  It's like day 1 for them, and you won't really get any reads on them until they are allowed to scumhunt normally for a time.

Org doesn't lurk.. he just is horrible to read. 

Eduren and RedWarrior0 do sideline.  Scans on them can be useful.

As for Mr.Person, I don't mind if you don't use MY argument, but I'd at least want SOME focus on him.. do a scan, ask him questions, do SOMETHING.  Right now no one does ANYTHING to him other than ignore him.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 15, 2009, 09:26:47 pm »

To be true, we don't really have that many lurkers at the moment:

Cheeetar, Mephansteras, ToonyMan, Webadict, and Mr.Person don't lurk.

GlyphGryph, and Diakron are replacements to people who've been gone or MEH all game.  It's like day 1 for them, and you won't really get any reads on them until they are allowed to scumhunt normally for a time.

Org doesn't lurk.. he just is horrible to read. 

Eduren and RedWarrior0 do sideline.  Scans on them can be useful.

As for Mr.Person, I don't mind if you don't use MY argument, but I'd at least want SOME focus on him.. do a scan, ask him questions, do SOMETHING.  Right now no one does ANYTHING to him other than ignore him.

I know.  The point is that right now, I've got two more exams I'm studying for... and though I can occasionally distract myself with the fora, I don't have the time to sit down and heavily concentrate on any games.

The thing that's bothering me at the moment is that I can't get any sort of read on 5 people, with 12 alive.  That's nearly half, and that's a very bad situation to be in.  The idea of going "Okay, Dakarian's got a good argument -> Lynch Mr. Person" doesn't sit well with me, even if your statements seem correct.  I think of it as though we were sending ourselves into lurker-lylo.  When half the game is illegible, you're in a barrel of trouble.

Meh.  I'll probably be able to get some sort of thoughts in tomorrow after my exam (because I'll be too tired to go hit my head on the Wall of Lalgebra immediately afterward), but for now I'll just ask you to be patient a little while longer.  Conclusions and analyses are coming up.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 15, 2009, 09:28:09 pm »

Blargh, I meant lurker/illegible-lylo.  People may not lurk, but illegibility is similarly bad.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: December 15, 2009, 09:31:24 pm »

Oh...

I keep forgetting eduren was a OSMagistrate... Gah! Yes, Mr.Person could be scum. So could a variety of people.

@Org: If the RNG thought I was scum and blockable...

Why wasn't anyone scummy Day 2?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: December 15, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »

Well, ToonyMan, could you provide a recap of why you so firmly believed Cobalt was town, other than the fact that I was acting scummy to you and also voting for Cobalt.

Being wrong.  I was being wrong, OK?

So, you have absolutely no reason you believed Cobalt was town, other than me acting scummy to you and also voting for Cobalt. I'm pretty sure you were just trying desperately to prevent the lynch of your scum partner.

Also: Why are you voting for me?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 15, 2009, 10:06:35 pm »

Oh...

I keep forgetting eduren was a OSMagistrate... Gah! Yes, Mr.Person could be scum. So could a variety of people.

@Org: If the RNG thought I was scum and blockable...

Why wasn't anyone scummy Day 2?
Like I said, I was switching between targets, and forgot to confirm.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: December 15, 2009, 11:39:32 pm »

right now he's going for RiA, which is a null-tell .
wait, so RiA is a null tell? It's just another form of WIFOM (If I was scum, why on earth would I do something that scummy?), but it's null? Mr.Person.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: December 15, 2009, 11:53:57 pm »

wait, so RiA is a null tell? It's just another form of WIFOM (If I was scum, why on earth would I do something that scummy?), but it's null? Mr.Person.

Exactly like WIFOM, it's only scummy if used maliciously. I don't think Org is trying to be malicious, but he does need to be more clear.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: December 16, 2009, 12:10:25 am »

Exactly like WIFOM, it's only scummy if used maliciously. I don't think Org is trying to be malicious, but he does need to be more clear.

I'm somewhat confused, Mr. Anti-Town Lyncher.  Whence the sudden change in attitude?  First you go "LYNCH ALL THE ANTI-TOWNIES," and now you're saying "Doesn't matter how much WIFOM you spew, what matters is your intent--which I can clearly figure out with my Brains of Steel."

That seems rather contradictory.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: December 16, 2009, 01:01:56 am »

ToonyMan, as you have always pushed a lynch on me i will start with you.

The biggest thing i notice is that you are "Taking this game seriously" however you seem to pick and choose when to be serious. care to explain?
Back to Mafia with me!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: December 16, 2009, 01:08:10 am »

ToonyMan, as you have always pushed a lynch on me i will start with you.

The biggest thing i notice is that you are "Taking this game seriously" however you seem to pick and choose when to be serious. care to explain?

Is that a vote based on ToonyMan's meta? Because Toony's meta is not a good reason to lynch.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: December 16, 2009, 01:17:47 am »

sorry i decide to do some question asking of my own at this point.
Back to Mafia with me!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: December 16, 2009, 01:32:35 am »

Wait, what?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 151