Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 279513 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

8 to lynch
Dakarian [2]: Rashilul, CobaltKobold
CobaltKobold [8]: Vector, Webadict, SirBayer, Dakarian, Cheeetar, Mephansteras, Eduren, Mr.Person
Mephansteras [1]: Org
Webadict [1]: RedWarrior0
Cheeetar [1]: ToonyMan

Still alive: SirBayer, Cheeetar, Dakarian, SHAD0Wdump (INACTIVE, REPLACEMENT NEEDED), Vector, Mr.Person, Mephansteras, Eduren, ToonyMan, Webadict, Org, CobaltKobold, Rashilul (INACTIVE, REPLACEMENT NEEDED), RedWarrior0

You surround CobaltKobold, hefting metal baseball bats. She grabs at Mr.Person's bat and yanks it from his hand.

Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!

Vector throws his METAL BASEBALL BAT at CobaltKobold!

The spinning METAL BASEBALL BAT strike CobaltKobold in the head!

It is mangled!

You place CobaltKobold in a whip-trip with a Gabbro Mechanism and an Iron Whip (both base quality) in a 3-deep pool of water. She is flayed alive for the rest of her brief life.

MAFIA MEMBER. You are a Kobold, otherwise known as SKULKING FILTH. You must have made a wrong turn somewhere, because you're in a Mafia game instead of a Dwarf Fortress, but luckily, you have some allies, it seems. You should do your best to protect them, instead. You have equipment to Protect someone once, and you can act as a Bodyguard, dying in their place, any number of times. The mafia partners are Leafsnail (Envy), [REDACTED], and CobaltKobold (Kobold). You win when it is no longer possible for town to win. The Mafia Chat is at [REDACTED]

Note: If I mention particular names in the flavor, I just pick the last/first voters.

You allow yourselves faint smiles - your first lynch of one of these Mafia Scum! And the hoard has been protected, as well. Perhaps their reign of terror can be stopped after all.

The sun sets very abruptly - funny, you think, it showed no signs of doing so earlier - and you hurry to your beds.

IT IS NOW NIGHT

NIGHT ENDS ON MONDAY AT 11 PM PACIFIC

TRY AGAIN IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia: Panda Edition Night4 - 13 Alive, 2 replacements plx
« Reply #1801 on: December 08, 2009, 08:02:11 am »

Replacements gained. Going purely by order of absence/replacement, GlyphGryph will be replacing SHAD0Wdump and Diakron will replace Rashilul. I will send them their roles soon and extend the night accordingly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Night4 - 13 Alive, night extended for replacements
« Reply #1802 on: December 10, 2009, 03:28:05 am »

Night ends Friday, whenever I get a chance (some time around 9-12 pm Pacific).  Have your actions in by then.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Night4 - 13 Alive, night extended for replacements
« Reply #1803 on: December 13, 2009, 07:16:06 am »

I lied, mostly because I got rather sick. Diakron, please PM me confirmation that you're caught up within 24 hours or I'll assume you decided not to replace after all.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day4 - 13 Alive, night extended for replacements
« Reply #1804 on: December 15, 2009, 02:48:39 am »

You awaken to find SirBayer, Nuclear Rocket Surgeon, has been slain! He's out in the streets. You wonder briefly if he was put there or had already been there when he died.

Nuclear Rocket Surgeon
  You're a Nuclear Rocket Surgeon. As a man of SCIENCE, you are capable of using the "SCIENCE!" action on someone. If they are attacked, you will perform surgery on them, saving their life. If they have a delayed kill going to happen to them, you will cure their cancer (or whatever it is they have). However, if neither of those is true, you will irradiate them, which will make them sick, blocking their action the next night. If you irradiate someone with radiation sickness already, they will die. You win when all scum are dead.

Alas, you still have a task ahead of you.

CAN'T TOUCH THIS RULE IS NOW IN EFFECT.

You also recall seeing Org stare intimidatingly at Webadict, roleblocking him, again.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day4 - 12 alive, 2/2 replacements gained
« Reply #1805 on: December 15, 2009, 07:21:49 am »

Well, ToonyMan, could you provide a recap of why you so firmly believed Cobalt was town, other than the fact that I was acting scummy to you and also voting for Cobalt.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: December 15, 2009, 10:08:54 am »

1. Can't Touch This has put that song in my head.

2. I just realized that song was written by M.C. Hammer... smells like something involved with the Hammer system.

Let's start this off with a bang.

@Everyone

Now to restate my argument against Mr.Person:

First, I present the Scan I've done on Mr.Person's work during Day 1 and 2.  It shows that, beyond the attack on Zai-which is easy for scum to do since they can hunt third parties easily-he spent his time trying to get Eduren lynched for his role rather than whether he was scum or not.  With a very quick poke at me which faded away very quickly, he had little else to do until the end of Day 2.

The bigger mess started Here when Neruz(town) was at L-1.  Mr.Person threatened to Hammer him...tomorrow.  When I prodded him, though, he wrote the massive blob of a post a few posts below that link and decided NOT to hammer after all.  I call him out on it, but the day ends soon after.

From here, the referenced posts get LONG.

Day 3 begins with this little number. He claims I'm softballing him by attacking but not voting even though it was at the time when I had my vote on someone I was focusing on to get lynched.  He claims I'm lying about being aggressive, even though I've didn't at that point even SAY I was aggressive.  Then he then claimed I was never aggressive all game, which later on proves to be a tub full of lies.

He then goes into a defense about how "trying to look town is a null tell", which is meh since townies should be more interested in catching scum than trying to make themselves look good.

My response to that is written here

His response? To claim that I was passive Day 2 (which is half true.  I went 'meh' in the second half of it).  Then asks the legendary "Who is scum...other than me?"

A question I never like since its a good way to make a person look at someone other than you.  It also starts causing you to create scumteams, which are usually full of town rather than scum.

The back and forth continues until we get to here

The mass of mess and ugliness.  I prove it for falsehoods, lies, and misreads in the post afterwards, then display my Scan, which I linked at the start.

After that, he disappears for several days while I get spotlighted-he eventually needs prodding to return. 

He returns here, but fails to comment on my Scan, but instead focuses on my defense to his own 'scan'.  I respond to it a few posts after (in the 'because I can' spoiler) and remark why he doesn't comment on my own attack.

His response? 
How am I supposed to respond to your scan? It's mostly facts and your opinions.

Considering the scan proves how his only strong attacks have been on third parties-which scum can easily hunt for true- and for non-scum reasons up to the end of Day 2 it's always good to have it confirmed.

The rest of the argument is in the posts pretty much directly following the last linked one, right to my @Everyone

Nothing happens beyond that and the topic moves on until it hits CobaltKobold.  Eventually, I turn to attack her, which begins that BIG WOT BATTLE.  As for Mr.Person?  Soon after my first attack on Cobalt he posts this:

Quickly joins in on the attack with Cobalt, but with little for a reason that wasn't ripped fully from my post that he quotes. 

His next post?  He pulls his vote.  Why?  To avoid a hammer and attack SirBayer, HARD.

Note that during his vote, he felt that Cobalt was extremely scummy.  however, with no explanation or investigation of his own he's pulled away from her.  So did he feel that Cobalt was town and wanted to disrupt the bandwagon?  Well, no, he never stated.  Did he want SirBayer THAT badly?  Nope.  He didn't follow up on SirBayer or even comment.

Instead, he went for me once talk turned to my use of the day kill.

The post includes this little number, after declaring that me not killing Web 'like the town wanted' in Day 1 was anti-town:

Before anybody says "BUT ANTI-TOWN DON'T MEAN SCUMMY LOL", shut up. Anti-town means AGAINST the town, which means somebody we want to lynch.

Crap Logic is CRAP.  Lynches are for scum.  Just for scum.  You don't lynch someone just because they are anti-town since, in the end, you aren't aiming at scum.  Scum LIKE anti-town hunts since it's very easy for them to hunt for them and look 'pro-town' doing it.  That's why scum like to lurker hunt or go after bad players.  What they don't like is having to actually look for real scum since THAT gets harder to do.

So Cobalt is ignored..not investigated, not deemed possible Town..just ignored.  He keeps on me until Meph presents his 'lynch me to prove Dak' theory.

which has this little number:

Unvote Dakarian and vote Mephansteras, although I feel like I'm walking into a trap, for some reason. Nah, that's just paranoia. This plan should work out well.                      

Point to not liking that phrase?  It smells of trying very hard to act 'unsure'.  I mean, townies don't KNOW what's going on so they are paranoid.  Thus scum need to show that they are 'paranoid' too. 

He later throws a "who else is scum" on Cobalt, though doesn't follow up on that. 

Next comes here: where he FoSes everyone that is voting for Meph and votes for Cheeetar for doing the same.  Note that he also joined in and admits as such but is still willing to think that others who have done it are scum.

Note that Cobalt would, then, not be on that list.  Also note he has yet to consider Cobalt anything but scum.

When prodded about his feelings about Cobalt, he states this:

I think CobaltKobold is scum, I'm just much more sure about Cheeetar being scum. Let's see what CobaltKobold says today, and I might reconsider and revote her.

Note that Cobalt was 'scummier than me' earlier with no words to show a change in that stance, and that Cheeetar was scummy for doing the same thing Mr.Person and a good few others did.

More prodding shows Mr.person trying to hedge out by declaring his 'scum team' and that he's after the sure bet rather than the maybe, but hearing Cobalt's scumteam would make him sure who is scum.

Cobalt replieas.  Mr.Person speaks defensively in response and does not vote.

Eduren puts in his vote, putting Cobalt in L-1.  Mr.Person, who was willing to act pushing and aggressive without putting the hammer vote against Neruz, hammers Cobalt.  Note this is without any explanation for why what Cobalt said actually marks her as scum rather than a maybe.  Also note it came less than an hour after Eduren's vote. 

It screams of someone knowing Cobalt is scum, not wanting to kill her off, and hoping the bandwagon would fail (since I said if Eduren doesn't vote for her then the bandwagon is dead and we'll need to move on).  However, once Eduren placed that vote, Mr.Person did not want to look like the 'man who failed to lynch scum after declaring she's scum' so he finished the job.

aka.  a Bus.

Some people felt that Cobalt was town, fully and truly. Others weren't sure of her and was more sure of someone else.  Mr.Person, though, say Cobalt only as scum and yet found every reason in the book to keep his vote off of her when it mattered.  He prodded with little follow up.  He voted when it was early then ran after someone else when the vote got close.  He had others that he wanted to go after instead.  All the time doing so while saying "yah, she's scum.. she's very scum"..but still.. that person we need to lynch... this person.  We need to hear just a little more..just some more. 

He was too bothered to lynch Cobalt, and too afraid to NOT lynch her. 

His Day 1 and 2 suggested it.  His early Day 3 declared it.  His actions to confirmed scum confirm it.

Mr.Person, you, sir are scum and you shall follow your partner's footsteps to the noose.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 15, 2009, 11:00:11 am »

Org.

Now he KNOWS he blocked me without a reason. Holy crap.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 15, 2009, 12:24:03 pm »

Well, ToonyMan, could you provide a recap of why you so firmly believed Cobalt was town, other than the fact that I was acting scummy to you and also voting for Cobalt.

Being wrong.  I was being wrong, OK?

Cheeetar, you are still scum from yesterday.  I correctly assumed you would try to get me lynched the next day(today), why is this?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 15, 2009, 12:43:12 pm »

Ok, quick recap of players from the OP. Mostly to remind myself where we're at, but I figured it could be useful for others as well.

01. SirBayer - Nuclear Rocket Surgeon
02. Cheeetar
03. Neruz - Altar of the World Machine
04. Dakarian
05. SHAD0WDump GlyphGryph
06. Leafsnail - MAFIA MEMBER (REPLACED SOMEONE) Envy (from FMA) - MAFIA
07. ExKirby - Rook
08. Vector
09. Mr.Person
10. Mephansteras
11. Apostolic Nihilist - Charles Darwin
12. Zai - Jester - Ninja Zombie Alien Pirate Lawyer Robot Doctor Spiderman - Jester
13. Eduren
14. ToonyMan
15. Webadict
16. Org
17. CobaltKobold - MAFIA MEMBER - Kobold - MAFIA
18. Rashilul Diakron
19. RedWarrior0

So, the living players are Cheeetar, Dakarian, GlyphGryph, Vector, Mr.Person, Mephansteras, Eduren, ToonyMan, Webadict, Org, Diakron, and RedWarrior0.

There are 3 Mafia members, one of whom was not Mafia day 1.

I have to deal with some work stuff, but I'll get a response in sometime today that has some actual analysis and non-recap content in it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 15, 2009, 12:50:19 pm »

Unless CobaltKobold was the convert target.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 15, 2009, 12:56:59 pm »

Wait, was that a slip Meph?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 15, 2009, 01:02:27 pm »

17. CobaltKobold - MAFIA MEMBER
Kobold - MAFIA
MAFIA MEMBER. You are a Kobold, otherwise known as SKULKING FILTH. You must have made a wrong turn somewhere, because you're in a Mafia game instead of a Dwarf Fortress, but luckily, you have some allies, it seems. You should do your best to protect them, instead. You have equipment to Protect someone once, and you can act as a Bodyguard, dying in their place, any number of times. The mafia partners are Leafsnail (Envy), [REDACTED], and CobaltKobold (Kobold). You win when it is no longer possible for town to win. The Mafia Chat is at [REDACTED]

No, look at the role description for Cobalt. I suppose it's possible that she was the converted mafia, but it seems unlikely. Panda said that Envy's ability didn't change the Role of the converted player, just their alignment, so I'm running on the assumption that since she was a Kobold to begin with that she was Mafia all along.

Safer to assume that we havn't caught our convert yet, unless you have some evidence that makes you think she was town on day 1?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 15, 2009, 01:05:09 pm »

Oh yeah, look at that.  That's some tricky business.

No I have no evidence as you say.
I'm looking at a Cheeetar, Meph, dakarian, Webadict right now.
But of course, that's only the active people, sigh.  Still, Cheeetar and Webadict all the way.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: December 15, 2009, 01:11:57 pm »

You know what I think?

I think there's a pattern inside the Role PM that Pandarsenic didn't count on being found. If he does thigns the way I do, he puts the Mafia IN ORDER of when they come out.

Sure, it's just a guess, but I think it's a good guess that one of the following are our last non-converted Mafia:

Vector
Mr.Person
Mephansteras
Eduren
ToonyMan
Webadict
Org

And yes, I realize it includes my name. It's not provable, but these seven are statistically more likely mafia.

It's really awesome, though, that I've managed to be blocked a good 3 times in a row, considering that Org chose not to Roleblock Day 2 BUT THEN blocks me Day 3 when I was able to use my role!

I also am going to die tonight, because they went for the Doc, which means they're after me next, or they would've kept SirBayer. I'm assuming that the Mafia, losing their best player, is probably down to Org and eduren, with Org being the convert target on Day 1.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 151