Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 280677 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - 9 Alive, I have no patience to wait longer
« Reply #2085 on: January 07, 2010, 07:47:35 am »

Bah, mixed up Diakron and Redwarrior. Redwarrior was the guy who was using his meta as a defense for his lurking.

Redwarrior is scum. Lurking except when threatened, OMGUSing, his last vote was with no reasoning and was on a person who we now know to be both invincible and scum, whose lynch would waste a day and give scum a night-kill.

Pandarsenic, could you please give Meph and Dakarian a prod?
If you know anything about my meta, you know that I really, really, REALLY tend to lurk. See Paranormal 12.
3.  You were SCUM in Paranormal 12.  You LURKED to win it.
3. I have lurked as town, too (See almost every IRC game I've been in, plus some of the earlier games I've played in). What I'm saying is that my meta says that I lurk.

If I remember correctly, the general consensus was to lynch Diakron. You voting for him would make you look town, and then Diakron could use his lynch-blocker, Diakron would be 'lynched' and the day wasted, another scum kill for the night. The next day, Diakron could make up stuff about how he just wanted to protect himself, you could say 'he's town I believe him' as you have now that we are questioning why Diakron activated his ability, and Diakron wouldn't be under much fire for activating the ability.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - 9 Alive, I have no patience to wait longer
« Reply #2086 on: January 07, 2010, 09:21:47 am »

1. Diakron had 4 votes on him for about 9 hours before he evoked BRO (note the time between RedWarrior's post and Diakron's).  Also include the fact that GlyphGryph posted in between.  All it would take is one vote in between that time to lynch him.  Sort of a BIG GAMBLE to fling isn't it? 

What's more, what would be the point?  A full scumteam with a scumchat would've known who Diakron replaced.  "I'm not Org" would've been MORE than enough to kill suspicion on him coming from ANY of them.  Meanwhile, evoke BRO now, instead of lylo where a failed lynch would've WON THE GAME!? 

So instead of NOT doing a bandwagon and just saying one small phrase to kill Toonyman's argument cold, then holding it until Lylo, perhaps killing Toony the night before so he couldn't talk, then at lylo, starting a bandwagon and having Diakron evoke Bro and then hammer himself...

You would have me believe that I'd RATHER join a bandwagon, have Diakron sit in L-1 for 9 hours, evoke BRO only a few hours after ToonyMan posted, then hope for a player to hammer BEFORE Toony tells everyone what's going on, risking:

- the plan to be noticed and thus lost forever
- the hammer to fall before BRO was activated, thus killing him
- someone else to spot that Diakron was not Org and, thus, killing the bandwagon
- the town not believing me and getting me and Diakron lynched

I'd MUCH rather do the second plan then the "win at lylo" plan.  Don't you think?

Complete sidenote:  In Day 2.. why did you evoke KWN? 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 07, 2010, 02:42:27 pm »

The problem is, how in the Sam Hey would that help me in lylo when the town tears me apart for it?  Wouldn't it have been smarter to NOT bandwagon my 'partner' and instead save it for lylo itself?

That's called WIFOM Dakarian.

Scum move man.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 07, 2010, 03:03:07 pm »

1. Diakron had 4 votes on him for about 9 hours before he evoked BRO (note the time between RedWarrior's post and Diakron's).  Also include the fact that GlyphGryph posted in between.  All it would take is one vote in between that time to lynch him.  Sort of a BIG GAMBLE to fling isn't it? 

What's more, what would be the point?  A full scumteam with a scumchat would've known who Diakron replaced.  "I'm not Org" would've been MORE than enough to kill suspicion on him coming from ANY of them.  Meanwhile, evoke BRO now, instead of lylo where a failed lynch would've WON THE GAME!? 

So instead of NOT doing a bandwagon and just saying one small phrase to kill Toonyman's argument cold, then holding it until Lylo, perhaps killing Toony the night before so he couldn't talk, then at lylo, starting a bandwagon and having Diakron evoke Bro and then hammer himself...

You would have me believe that I'd RATHER join a bandwagon, have Diakron sit in L-1 for 9 hours, evoke BRO only a few hours after ToonyMan posted, then hope for a player to hammer BEFORE Toony tells everyone what's going on, risking:

- the plan to be noticed and thus lost forever
- the hammer to fall before BRO was activated, thus killing him
- someone else to spot that Diakron was not Org and, thus, killing the bandwagon
- the town not believing me and getting me and Diakron lynched

I'd MUCH rather do the second plan then the "win at lylo" plan.  Don't you think?

Complete sidenote:  In Day 2.. why did you evoke KWN? 
'Now, if I were scum (but I'm not saying I am)'
Day 2: I was hoping it would Kill Webadict.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 07, 2010, 03:04:57 pm »

Also: Dakarian, do you believe Redwarrior is town, and if so why?
It's best we get a lynch before the day ends, so can we get one on someone who we all agree is scum?
(The day ends when Pandarsenic gets his laptop back, right?)
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 07, 2010, 03:18:14 pm »

Yeah, day ends American time (I think) 7pm Jan 7th. Let's lynch Redwarrior, unless you have some good arguments as to why he isn't scum?
I've played some mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 07, 2010, 04:51:01 pm »

The day ends on hammer. Not deadline.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 07, 2010, 05:09:59 pm »

Ah. I had mistaken this to mean no later than 11pm Jan 7.

Day Ends no sooner than 11 PM Jan 7.
I've played some mafia.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 07, 2010, 05:54:30 pm »

GryphGlyph, you replaced SHADOWdump. Can you shed some light on the 3 word restriction he was under day 1? I got the impression that it was a standard part of his role that he could only occasionally get out of, but you don't seem to be under that same restriction.

Otherwise, Cheeetar and ToonyMan are both bugging me, and have been for the past few game days. I keep waffling back and forth on which is scum, though.

For now, I'm going to go with ToonyMan. So far you've been instrumental in killing off quite a few townies, and as Cheeetar pointed out you had a great chance to hammer Cobalt (whom you had stated was scum) but chose not to because you were 'focusing on someone else'. Since when do you pass up a chance to lynch scum to vote for scum that isn't in danger of being lynched?

Yes, I know your argument keeps being "So I was wrong, how is that scummy?". Problem is, you just as easily be scum laughing at us as town simply making mistakes. So I'm going to have to go with you being scum and unwilling to hammer a scum buddy.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 07, 2010, 06:04:03 pm »

You've restated what's been said fifty times.

Congratulations.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 07, 2010, 06:07:00 pm »

You've restated what's been said fifty times.

Congratulations.

Eh, think of it as a recap. Besides, it still helps to state why I'm voting even if that particular bit of evidence isn't new.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 07, 2010, 06:09:28 pm »

It's nice to focus attention on me too.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 07, 2010, 06:10:24 pm »

Presenting the entire mafia theory is WIFOM, Toony.  To claim that there's some elaborate plan on "how Dakarian/Redwarrior/Diakron plan to destroy the town" based on circumstantial evidence and with a reliance that the scumteam HAS to be all three of us even though there's no actual evidence that marks me individually as scum.  You have a boatload of assumptions that you have to place to make it work and the ONLY evidence of scuminess you have other than the big theory is Diakron's self-preservation. 

So if your entire case against me is a theory you made up then YES, I'm going to debate Theory on Theory, Wine on Wine.  Once you have arguments based on what ACTUALLY happened instead of trying to not only guess the entire scumteam but also their big plan then we can get into a proper argument.

As for RedWarrior and he claim of being lurky, he effectively Nulled his defense since he's not only aware of his town meta but, by knowledge of Para 12, he actively manipulates his scum play to take advantage of it. 

Meanwhile:

I dislike the context of that.  When I went back to Day 2, you basically said "well, let's just do what it says" then went to vote on Web.  Instead of trying to prove that he was scum on Day 2, you evoked your power then tried to ride it out as if you had nothing to do it with it. 

So, why did you feel so strongly in killing Webadict that you were willing to manipulate and trick the town into doing just that?

@Meph

Did you just vote on Toonyman based PURELY on what the person you also felt was scum said?  Did you also add a bit of WIFOM to the end (Yes, you could be town doing it.. BUT THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT US TO THINK So YOU COULD BE SCUM!)?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: January 07, 2010, 06:11:17 pm »

Oh yeah, Cheeetar: Only if you hammer me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: January 07, 2010, 06:13:46 pm »

One game I'm going to list the whole scum lot out and be all "haha"!

Oh yeah, Cheeetar: Only if you hammer me.
Unvote.
What the hell is this RedWarrior?
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 151