Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34

Author Topic: LCS Mafia - Game Over - From The Jaws Of Victory - CCS Bastards Win  (Read 63201 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Mafia - Day 2 - Some News Is Good News
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2009, 11:53:59 pm »

Ah, just read Paranormal Mafia, so that's what that was a reference to.  I'll ignore your comment here then.  I also missed Magma's turn to vote on Mr. Person and break the tie.  Therefore, I feel no obligation to change my vote from the person I see as most scummy to keep a NL from happening, and go back to Magmadeath.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2009, 12:02:20 am »

further proof about Mr.Person... He is trying to ignore.  Why?  Because he can't afford to fight me.  If I am lynched.  He will look scummy if he has been fighting with me.  That's why he just ignores me and tries to stay out of the spotlight.  Town Mr.Person would try to convince me of his honesty if he thought I was town or would bash me with accusations if he thought I was scum.

I'll take full responsability for his lynch.  Just vote him.
(It's spelled "responsibility")

Dude, I haven't been on the forums for the past 5 hours or so. If you're talking about in general, I'm not sure you're aware of this, but I've greatly cut back how often I post in mafia these days. It's not just this game, it's every game I'm in.

So why would you "take full responsability" for my lynch? What does that even mean? If it means what I think it does (If I get lynched and roleflip town, lynch Alexhans), then you know DAMN WELL how scummy it is to say things like that. Hell, why are you assuming I'm going to get lynched? Not only can everybody change their votes, there's still a few people who have yet to vote. Hell, we may even wind up lynching somebody else. It's unlikely (although with comments like Org's, anything is possible!). There's still a little bit of time left in the day, if Curfews is conservative.

fuck it... I'm going to go ahead and claim because I dont know how long till deadline...

I FULLY LIBERALIZED ROLEFLIPS!!!  I have that ability.  After pushing for the best issue on day 1 (and succeeding) I liberalized roleflips to see who would die. 

I dare you say I did that as scum.

now, kindly, unvote me and vote mr.person.

This isn't Alexhans as town. Hell, this isn't even the Alexhans I remember. Since when do you rely on Power Roles, Alexhans? Do you think this clears you? Do you think Leafsnail wouldn't give the scum the ability to liberalize issues as WIFOM? Why did you wait til the END of the day to claim this? If you were going to claim this, you should of done it at the beginning of the day so that we could discuss, have time for counterclaims, and decide if the rest of us should claim. There's barely any time left in the day for discussing if Alexhans is telling the truth or not, there's not enough time to guarantee a chance of counterclaims, and there's not enough time for an MC even if we wanted to do one (which we don't). No, this is anti-town behavior from you, Alexhans. Unvote and vote Alexhans.

So Alexhans, you're saying you're kill-immune and can liberalize issues? Don't respond to this, of course, unless you want to, but this is what you're claiming your role to be.

Magmadeath.  That's fine.  I'm glad.  We're not lynching Mr.Person for just lurking.  We have lots of candidates for that.

I know you've said it before, but what exactly have I done that you're voting me for? Same goes for you, MagmaDeath. Bandwagoning is really bad, there has to be more than just lurking. What happened to Alexhans? Do you still think he's scum? Did you change your mind on hiim? What made you change your vote, exactly?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2009, 12:31:43 am »

further proof about Mr.Person... He is trying to ignore.  Why?  Because he can't afford to fight me.  If I am lynched.  He will look scummy if he has been fighting with me.  That's why he just ignores me and tries to stay out of the spotlight.  Town Mr.Person would try to convince me of his honesty if he thought I was town or would bash me with accusations if he thought I was scum.

I'll take full responsability for his lynch.  Just vote him.
(It's spelled "responsibility")

Dude, I haven't been on the forums for the past 5 hours or so. If you're talking about in general, I'm not sure you're aware of this, but I've greatly cut back how often I post in mafia these days. It's not just this game, it's every game I'm in.
NEvertheless.  You've been ignoring me overall when you attacked Org.

So why would you "take full responsability" for my lynch? What does that even mean? If it means what I think it does (If I get lynched and roleflip town, lynch Alexhans), then you know DAMN WELL how scummy it is to say things like that.
Taking full responsibility means that I will have to fight hell and heaven tomorrow if you flip town.  I'd never really quit.  But I dont think you will.  So I'm betting a lot here.  But I rather be wrong and lose than let others be wrong and lose.

Hell, why are you assuming I'm going to get lynched? Not only can everybody change their votes, there's still a few people who have yet to vote. Hell, we may even wind up lynching somebody else.
I don't assume anything.  I just try hard to get things how I want them to be because I think town can win that way.

fuck it... I'm going to go ahead and claim because I dont know how long till deadline...

I FULLY LIBERALIZED ROLEFLIPS!!!  I have that ability.  After pushing for the best issue on day 1 (and succeeding) I liberalized roleflips to see who would die. 

Quote from: Mr.P
This isn't Alexhans as town. Hell, this isn't even the Alexhans I remember. Since when do you rely on Power Roles, Alexhans?
How is this relying on PRs... I did not suspect you because I had a PR.  I'm just stating the obvious.  I liberalized the issue (I even told everyone yesterday how sound Pandarenic's logic regarding the roleflips was) and no one can counter claim.  That means I did it.  That would be serious bad play from my part if I were scum.  It's not WIFOM.  It's a fact.
Do you think this clears you? Do you think Leafsnail wouldn't give the scum the ability to liberalize issues as WIFOM?
It doesn't clear me.  But scum wouldn't use it.  I wouldn't. 
Why did you wait til the END of the day to claim this? If you were going to claim this, you should of done it at the beginning of the day so that we could discuss, have time for counterclaims, and decide if the rest of us should claim.
There are no counterclaims because I did it.  I didn't want to claim it unless I had to because it is an interesting ability that might be countered in some way.  I didnt want that.  But if I feel that I need it to win the game.  I will come all out.
There's barely any time left in the day for discussing if Alexhans is telling the truth or not, there's not enough time to guarantee a chance of counterclaims, and there's not enough time for an MC even if we wanted to do one (which we don't).
Mr.p... you never participated in any discussions.  don't pretend to be eager to do so now that there's no time...  There won't be counterclaims even if everyone comes out.  Your inability to understand signals that you're scum and desperate to survive.
No, this is anti-town behavior from you, Alexhans. Unvote and vote Alexhans.
Nice attack near the end.  You refuse to see all logic that points I'm town.  You are deaf to my claim and pretend that no one will have time to counterclaim so I'm lying... you're the one that is rushing things to make me look bad... you're trying to save your ass.  You're scum.
So Alexhans, you're saying you're kill-immune and can liberalize issues? Don't respond to this, of course, unless you want to, but this is what you're claiming your role to be.
I never claimed my role.  I just said I liberalized the issue.  The fact that you're trying to lynch me based on whatever you may think of the setup (and at the same time calling WIFOM on me saying im doing the same) makes you a rolefisher scum.

Mr.P... you've ignored my cases on you everytime... You say you were busy but you only appear when you're in danger.  Then you hide again.  Go read my posts and answer everything you have avoided if you want.  But don't pretend I'm voting you for lurking.

MR.Person HAS JUST VOTED ME TO GET A NOLYNCH.  IF HE LYNCHES MAGMA HIS FLIP MIGHT CLEAR ME.  THATS WHY HE WANTS TO NOLYNCH OR TO LYNCH ME

THIS IS THE VOTECOUNT
Vote count:
Alexhans: Org, Shades, Mr.Person[3]
MagmaDeath: Kashyyk, Frelock, Rooster[3]
Mr.Person:Alexhans, eduren, magma[3]

last votes sice MOD's votecount
rooster-> magma,
shades-> alex
eduren-> mrp
magma-> mrp
frelock-> org, magma

Shades was voting me because of magma's claim.  This is outdated.  he should vote mrp.  Org is not even trying to play.  I hope he gets killed.  Frelock needs to untie this.  Kashyyk needs to appear and post his thoughts.  I'd love to hear from rooster too.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 02, 2009, 12:53:07 am »

Alex, only responding to your statement in bold (I'm mostly in agreement with you as to the other points), how would magma's death clear you?  He claimed you to be scum.  The only way that clears you is if he's insane (ie, town gets scum result, scum gets town result).

Magma, one last thing; what, exactly, was the result you got on Alexhans?  I'm sure it didn't just say "scum."
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #319 on: December 02, 2009, 01:08:06 am »

Alex, only responding to your statement in bold (I'm mostly in agreement with you as to the other points), how would magma's death clear you?  He claimed you to be scum.  The only way that clears you is if he's insane (ie, town gets scum result, scum gets town result).
I'm assuming that if magma flips town (if he is scum, I'm not cleared) that his role will be revealed... and that it will show that he was not sane.  You're right, though, if he is paranoid I wont be cleared.  But all the arguments some people (like shades) have will fall flat on their face.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 02, 2009, 01:32:51 am »

So why would you "take full responsability" for my lynch? What does that even mean? If it means what I think it does (If I get lynched and roleflip town, lynch Alexhans), then you know DAMN WELL how scummy it is to say things like that.
Taking full responsibility means that I will have to fight hell and heaven tomorrow if you flip town.  I'd never really quit.  But I dont think you will.  So I'm betting a lot here.  But I rather be wrong and lose than let others be wrong and lose.

So you're saying that you're willing to fight tomorrow if I get lynched and flip town? That's nice, if somewhat stupid. Why are you saying this?

Hell, why are you assuming I'm going to get lynched? Not only can everybody change their votes, there's still a few people who have yet to vote. Hell, we may even wind up lynching somebody else.
I don't assume anything.  I just try hard to get things how I want them to be because I think town can win that way.

"Fuck you town, I'm always right!"

On a more serious note, then what would you do if the entire town decided to lynch somebody you think is town?

This isn't Alexhans as town. Hell, this isn't even the Alexhans I remember. Since when do you rely on Power Roles, Alexhans?
How is this relying on PRs... I did not suspect you because I had a PR.  I'm just stating the obvious.  I liberalized the issue (I even told everyone yesterday how sound Pandarenic's logic regarding the roleflips was) and no one can counter claim.  That means I did it.  That would be serious bad play from my part if I were scum.  It's not WIFOM.  It's a fact.

That's the very definition of WIFOM!

Do you think this clears you? Do you think Leafsnail wouldn't give the scum the ability to liberalize issues as WIFOM?
It doesn't clear me.  But scum wouldn't use it.  I wouldn't. 
Why did you wait til the END of the day to claim this? If you were going to claim this, you should of done it at the beginning of the day so that we could discuss, have time for counterclaims, and decide if the rest of us should claim.
There are no counterclaims because I did it.  I didn't want to claim it unless I had to because it is an interesting ability that might be countered in some way.  I didnt want that.  But if I feel that I need it to win the game.  I will come all out.

You do realize that it hasn't been a full 24 hours since you claimed, right? It's quite possible there is a counterclaim, but the person counterclaiming simply hasn't checked the thread yet. Yes, it's unlikely, but it's possible. No, I don't believe there would be a counterclaim. I'm FAR more interested in the fact you claimed late in the day, meaning there's not a definitive chance for everybody to get a chance to counterclaim.

Far more importantly, if you didn't want to claim, WHY THE FUCK DID YOU CLAIM?

There's barely any time left in the day for discussing if Alexhans is telling the truth or not, there's not enough time to guarantee a chance of counterclaims, and there's not enough time for an MC even if we wanted to do one (which we don't).
Mr.p... you never participated in any discussions.  don't pretend to be eager to do so now that there's no time...  There won't be counterclaims even if everyone comes out.  Your inability to understand signals that you're scum and desperate to survive.

You made the claim late in the day, ergo, there's not much time to talk about your claim. Instead of explaining why you made the claim late in the day, you instead try to deflect onto me and claim I'm misunderstanding. No, you're the one misunderstanding me. I'll give you another shot. Why did you wait til late in the day to claim instead of claiming early in the day? The fact that the way you claimed gives us very little time to discuss your claim only makes me guess you're scum. The fact you just tried to deflect only makes me more sure you're scum.

No, this is anti-town behavior from you, Alexhans. Unvote and vote Alexhans.
Nice attack near the end.  You refuse to see all logic that points I'm town.  You are deaf to my claim and pretend that no one will have time to counterclaim so I'm lying... you're the one that is rushing things to make me look bad... you're trying to save your ass.  You're scum.[/quote[

Please, be vaguer. We can read your mind.

What logic points to you being town? The liberlization of roleflips? That's WIFOM.

I never claimed my role.  I just said I liberalized the issue.  The fact that you're trying to lynch me based on whatever you may think of the setup (and at the same time calling WIFOM on me saying im doing the same) makes you a rolefisher scum.

Please tell me you're joking. You say I'm rolefishing? I TOLD YOU NOT TO RESPOND! I love how YOU decide to respond and then blame ME for YOUR response. That makes NO SENSE AT ALL!

I never said that I think you're scum because of your role. Quit putting words in my mouth.

Mr.P... you've ignored my cases on you everytime... You say you were busy but you only appear when you're in danger.  Then you hide again.  Go read my posts and answer everything you have avoided if you want.  But don't pretend I'm voting you for lurking.

MR.Person HAS JUST VOTED ME TO GET A NOLYNCH.  IF HE LYNCHES MAGMA HIS FLIP MIGHT CLEAR ME.  THATS WHY HE WANTS TO NOLYNCH OR TO LYNCH ME

THIS IS THE VOTECOUNT
Vote count:
Alexhans: Org, Shades, Mr.Person[3]
MagmaDeath: Kashyyk, Frelock, Rooster[3]
Mr.Person:Alexhans, eduren, magma[3]

last votes sice MOD's votecount
rooster-> magma,
shades-> alex
eduren-> mrp
magma-> mrp
frelock-> org, magma

I voted you so you would get lynched. Assuming your votecoutn is accurate (which I think it is), the votes would be tied even if I didn't vote, so I don't see the advantage of super-tying the vote. Go ahead, come up with more crazy theories as to why I voted you, or you can just accept the fact I voted you because I think you're scum and want you dead.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2009, 03:36:33 am »

Out of curiosity, Shades, if Alexhans comes along and claims a cop who investigated Mr. Person and got scum, what would you do?  By your logic we should never lynch claimed cops, so we would have to lynch Mr. Person.  Then he comes along and claims cop who got a scum result on you.

Oh I know, but I wanted to see how Alexhans dealt with it, and frankly his reactions seems pro town although overly ranty which implies MagmaDeath is either lieing or paranoid or Alexhans is just that much better than me. Unvote.

This leaves me with something of a problem, the next most scummy on my list was Frelock but his arguments, why I'm not re-voting MagmaDeath, while I slept make me doubt that call now. As we pretty much have two options it would be a waste of a vote anyway.

This only leaves Mr Person who I'm not convinced is scum at all, however a No Lynch when we have a 50% chance of guessing at scum is a silly move so I will vote before the day is out. We have most of a day left yet and I'm open to having my mind changed.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2009, 01:17:20 pm »

Well noone else has posted and I'm still not sure but the deadline might be coming up and a nolynch with a 50% chance of randomly hitting scum is silly so, Mr Person.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2009, 01:43:38 pm »

Well noone else has posted and I'm still not sure but the deadline might be coming up and a nolynch with a 50% chance of randomly hitting scum is silly so, Mr Person.

Wow, that's awful, to be honest. You're voting me even though you think I'm town? No, that's not the game we're playing here. We're here to lynch scum, not people we think are town. Shades, you vote who you think is scum, period. You don't gamble, you don't lynch just to get a lynch off, you vote scum. So try again, who do you think is scum?

WHO WAS RIGHT TO WANT TO LIBERALIZE CURFEWS? OH, I WAS RIGHT, BITCHES! GUESS WHAT'S HAPPENING? THE END OF THE DAY IS CAUSING PEOPLE TO DO THINGS THEY OTHERWISE WOULDN'T WANT TO DO!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2009, 02:03:31 pm »

No I said I'm not convinced your Scum, however it's currently a call between you or MagmaDeath as voting for anyone else would be pointless and end with a no-lynch.

Based on the potential cop claim the logic dictates you are the better option for lynch. Your welcome to suggest an alternative.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2009, 02:25:13 pm »

No I said I'm not convinced your Scum, however it's currently a call between you or MagmaDeath as voting for anyone else would be pointless and end with a no-lynch.

Based on the potential cop claim the logic dictates you are the better option for lynch. Your welcome to suggest an alternative.

My suggestion is to vote who you think is scum. If that's me, vote me. If that's MagmaDeath, vote MagmaDeath. If that's Frelock, vote Frelock. Anything else is super-scummy.

How long til the day ends if curfews are at conservative?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2009, 02:32:31 pm »

@Alexhans: You can't have it both ways, do you think MagmaDeath is lying or do you think he's an insane cop?
He is lying about the fact that he read my games and analized them.
He can be a cop. 

by the way... Hello Mr.Person... Anything you want to add?  comments to my post?

Org... Anytime, anywhere... I beat you to any mind game you want.  I try to be emotionally agressive so people get involved in the game.  As you might see, this attitude only applies to mafia games wich I usually perform good at.  I have a decent reputation.  You on the other hand... are zwets.  If you don't know what is that... You can't talk to me.  Because you know nothing.

Good job Alexhans, way to NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION AT ALL!

Alexhans doesn't want to lynch MagmaDeath because he knows MagmaDeath is really a cop. If we lynch MagmaDeath, that would prove Alexhans as scum. If Alexhans was town, he would have nothing to fear from lynching MagmaDeath, yet Alexhans has been trying his DAMNDEST to not get MagmaDeath lynched. Alexhans won't even comment on if he thinks MagmaDeath is a cop or not. That alone should tell you a ton.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 02, 2009, 02:35:04 pm »

Voting in a way that would cause a no-lynch is super scummy which means the options are currently you or magmadeath, to be honest the fact you think voting for anyone else in this case is good makes me more confident my vote is in the right place.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 02, 2009, 02:37:52 pm »

How long til the day ends if curfews are at conservative?

Fairly soon. It was almost 24 hours ago that Leafsnail added 24 hours because I joined, not sure how close we were to the deadline then though.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 02, 2009, 02:41:48 pm »

Voting in a way that would cause a no-lynch is super scummy which means the options are currently you or magmadeath, to be honest the fact you think voting for anyone else in this case is good makes me more confident my vote is in the right place.

I find it odd that YOU'RE trying to lynch somebody you think is town That's what's confusing me, and your reasoning for it is crap. This isn't a random-lynch deal, this a a lynch-the-scum deal.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34