Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587273 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #2025 on: January 27, 2011, 09:22:33 am »

Actually, I like this.  If I get some time, I'll come up with a draft item list which I'm sure will need several balance passes.

It'll still be mafia- there will be a informed minority and an uninformed majority.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: January 27, 2011, 04:26:34 pm »

Can I help balance/name things?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: January 27, 2011, 07:42:36 pm »

Also, is anyone opposed to me putting BYOR 6 up yet? There's only 2 or 3(?) games in sign-ups right now. Plus, none of them seem to be crazy style, so wouldn't compete for players. Plus, I still need balancing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: January 27, 2011, 08:12:28 pm »

Eh. Whatever.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: January 27, 2011, 08:22:53 pm »

I'll wait for someone else to confirm. Mostly Zathras, Mr.Person, Mephansteras, or Vector, since I feel like they would be adequate people for go-aheads.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: January 27, 2011, 08:28:50 pm »

Should be ok, I think.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: January 27, 2011, 08:32:57 pm »

I'd suggest waiting a bit, until at least one of Supernatural, BYOR5.5 or Sorcerer's wind down, as that'd free the most interested players I think. Maybe give WWYDT a chance to kick off first...
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: January 27, 2011, 08:37:40 pm »

I'd suggest waiting a bit, until at least one of Supernatural, BYOR5.5 or Sorcerer's wind down, as that'd free the most interested players I think. Maybe give WWYDT a chance to kick off first...
Considering ~80% of the active subforum is in that, I agree.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: January 27, 2011, 08:43:31 pm »

I'm not starting it until after BYOR 5.5 ends. This is preemptively destroying waiting time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: January 27, 2011, 09:08:31 pm »

I'm not starting it until after BYOR 5.5 ends. This is preemptively destroying waiting time.

I would wait.  I think we need a good gap between the beginning of 5.5 and 6, because ... well, frankly, 5.5 isn't working that well and has needed a number of replacements, and we're about to start WWYDT, which is a similar style of game (and also going to eat much of your player base's attention span for the next, oh, while.  It's not nice to compete between similar games... :I

Actually, what the subforum needs about now is another Paranormal, whenever Supernatural (or whatever JTF's game is) finishes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: January 27, 2011, 09:11:08 pm »

You underestimate my laziness, and my preparingness for next round.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: January 27, 2011, 10:01:27 pm »

Oh, I'll be doing another Paranormal or Supernatural, no worries there.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: January 27, 2011, 10:11:15 pm »

I actually have to agree with Vector and friends. Now, two or three weeks from now things might be a bit different, so we'll see then. The rule I've found effective is about 3 or 4 role-heavy games running at the same time is about the max the board can handle. Right now there's SupNat 3, BYOR 5.5, and Sorcerer's Apprentice III running right now with WIFOM and WWYDT in sign-ups. So once those three ongoing games are finished, I'd say BYOR 6.3 would easily find its audience... unless another game jumped in front and stole all the players out from under you. Which, according to what Meph just said, it seems the two of you will be racing. Vroom vroom!

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: January 27, 2011, 10:19:56 pm »

To be more specific: I don't think the board can handle more than one BYOR-style game at a time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: January 27, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »

To be more specific: I don't think the board can handle more than one BYOR-style game at a time.
Well, if that's so, then I'll be fine making roles with what I get until I have a full game. It's not like I can't hold sign-ups. WWYDT has plenty of people, plus actually has a few replacements just in case, one of which is me. That will have gotten to at least the end of Day 2 by the time I start, and I'm pretty sure I can't steal people that are already signed up.

Plus, Paranormal is not a BYOR type game. Power-loaded: yes, but that's it. So, again, it's a different audience.

So, stop worrying. I can't steal an audience because I'm holding my play on a totally different day.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 443