Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587254 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #3465 on: October 15, 2011, 03:36:08 pm »

Either witches or bastards would be awesome.

This is hilarious out of context. Also, I'm currently plotting a game of my own to run some time in the distant future. Assholery ahoy!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3466 on: October 15, 2011, 05:53:39 pm »

Either witches or bastards would be awesome.

This is hilarious out of context. Also, I'm currently plotting a game of my own to run some time in the distant future. Assholery ahoy!
Taken to the OOC thread.

And yeah, that second one sounds great.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 15, 2011, 05:56:28 pm »

I can host Witches Coven II, Vainglorious Bastards (in short, a game about royalty where betrayal is encouraged), or a Mountainous/Near-Mountainous game.
So we have a choice or 5 deaths per night, none of them from the mafia, a game where everybody is scum, or... WTF is that last one again?

But seriously, all sound good, assuming the last one is any good. Are you allowed to explain some of the set up of VB or is it all under wraps?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3468 on: October 15, 2011, 05:59:23 pm »

I can host Witches Coven II, Vainglorious Bastards (in short, a game about royalty where betrayal is encouraged), or a Mountainous/Near-Mountainous game.
So we have a choice or 5 deaths per night, none of them from the mafia, a game where everybody is scum, or... WTF is that last one again?

But seriously, all sound good, assuming the last one is any good. Are you allowed to explain some of the set up of VB or is it all under wraps?
Mountainous means pure-vanilla roles. Near-mountainous includes a couple of power roles. I think BM qualifies as near-mountainous.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 15, 2011, 06:01:28 pm »

Eh... At this point in time I would vote either WC or VB. Anything that involves detective work or backstabbing is ok by my books!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: October 16, 2011, 11:21:27 am »

hmmm
When i get more free time would anyone be interested in a puzzle-like mafia game? (several ways for both sides to win, one way for everyone to win (:D), demi-rougelike... exact setup will be wuba-approved)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Misho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: October 18, 2011, 02:27:55 am »

If it's possible can someone start the signups to the next BM sometime soon? We had around six people (that posted) who missed out on the last one as signups were full after about 2 hours.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:31:35 am by Misho »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: October 18, 2011, 03:06:20 am »

If it's possible can someone start the signups to the next BM sometime soon? We had around six people (that posted) who missed out on the last one as signups were full after about 2 hours.
There're lots of first-timers in that BM, so there should be at least several replacements. I would advice to wait at least several days before starting the next one.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 18, 2011, 03:09:01 am »

Eh, we should try starting a concurrent one, just for kicks--try it out, and all that.  The ones who love it can play in two simultaneously, and at the moment it seriously seems like we're not having any trouble getting replacements around here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: October 18, 2011, 03:30:44 am »

The replacement rate for Beginner's Mafias is already high enough that starting two games will probably mean that there will be two half-empty games midway through.

I'd rather see it that the players who stick it through get rewarded by having games that keep moving through plentiful replacements.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: October 18, 2011, 03:32:32 am »

Hmm, that's a good point.  And pretty much no one wants to replace in if a brand-new game has empty slots...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 18, 2011, 04:12:04 am »

I'd also like to point out that if they can play two games at once, they're probably not getting into it deep enough, or else aren't really beginners.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: October 18, 2011, 08:00:25 am »

Why not wait until mid-D2 in the first BM and we can see who still wants to play?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: October 20, 2011, 02:19:01 pm »

Hnarf. With Halloween rapidly approaching and my VG setup being no closer to completion, I'm going to have to place WC in signups before I miss the holiday completely. I hope I'll have VG ready for Christmas, at least.

I do, however, have a complete setup for this one, so that will be interesting to see.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: October 21, 2011, 06:06:21 pm »

HOMESTUCK MAFIA IS IN THE MAKINGS, AWAITING BALANCING.

Did this ever actually happen or did it end up in Mafia Purgatory?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 443