Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587359 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4065 on: August 14, 2012, 10:30:12 pm »

Wizard Duel as it was also seemed very pro-scum, the numbers would probably need adjusting.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: August 14, 2012, 10:52:43 pm »

Leafsnail:
Wizard Duel as it was also seemed very pro-scum, the numbers would probably need adjusting.

Speaking of new games, we rejoice to see your Majesty back from holiday. Were those swarthy barbarians properly awed at the regal presence of the King of the Mafia? Now that we are graced with your august attention again, how would a new KotM game fit within the royal schedule?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: August 14, 2012, 11:38:17 pm »

It should be ok actually.  I leave for university near the end of September but I'd probably still have enough time to do it.

Anyone else interested?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: August 15, 2012, 07:09:06 am »

I've never played a Wizard Duel. :(

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: August 15, 2012, 07:26:36 am »

The flavor is awesome but the mechanics are flawed. The lynching mechanic sends two people to duke it out, and then the winner is determined semi-randomly based on many factors, not least of all that players can assist in favor of one particular combatant.

This makes the lynch dubiously useful to the town, and there aren't that many useful roles otherwise to balance it out.

If we're talking about fun Meph games, another Totem Mafia would be wicked awesome too.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: August 15, 2012, 09:40:21 am »

If we're talking about fun Meph games, another Totem Mafia would be wicked awesome too.
TM was too basic. A BYOR with restricted choices (animals only) and only one ability per role? Uh, no. I still vote for a Supernatural, preferably a bastard one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: August 16, 2012, 11:51:08 am »

So...bad news. My work now blocks personal e-mail as well as google docs and anything else that would let me upload/download files. Which pretty much kills how I've been running games up until now.

So I'm going to have to figure out a new system for running games. I still have PMs through the board, which is good, but might get a bit clunky for actually running a game's log and whatnot.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: August 16, 2012, 12:01:07 pm »

Uh... carry them around with you on a flash drive?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: August 16, 2012, 01:02:26 pm »

Uh... carry them around with you on a flash drive?

Can't even do that. The computers have encrypted drives, so they'd encrypt any flash drive I stuck in.

Banks are a bit stringent on data control.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: August 16, 2012, 01:27:54 pm »

The next Meph game's flavor has to be set at a high security bank!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: August 16, 2012, 01:30:51 pm »

That'd make sense for a Paranormal, actually.

What do you really need to get to all the documents for besides processing nights/day ends?  You could just vote count manually- everything else should be find except for the occasional oddball daykill or something.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: August 16, 2012, 01:35:19 pm »

Yeah, the vote tally is convenient but not required. It's the day/night end stuff that I really rely on the main spreadsheet and log for. Not having access to those at work means we have to wait until I'm home to take care of stuff. That might significantly slow down the nights, since writing flavor takes time and I'm often busy in the evenings. It's easier to do it in snippets throughout the day at work.

Not saying this is going to prevent me from running games, just letting people know that it might be less efficient on my end.
Come play Mafia with us!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: August 16, 2012, 01:52:44 pm »

This might be a radical concept, but ... pencil and a notebook?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: August 16, 2012, 01:55:12 pm »

This might be a radical concept, but ... pencil and a notebook?

That would require me to read my own handwriting. :P

But having a printout wouldn't be a bad idea.
Come play Mafia with us!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: August 17, 2012, 02:59:28 am »

Not saying this is going to prevent me from running games, just letting people know that it might be less efficient on my end.

It sounds awful and restrictive, but your audience is ready to put up with it if you are. It may be a bit slow or cumbersome, but that will not deter us -- you know that. We'll follow you into fire!

I hope you figure out the specifics soon (including the things about the bomb and the double and the bot and whatnot; some options are posted, but it's your call what's good and what's not or if you'd like new ideas); we'll be here.

In the mean time, some thoughts:
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 443