Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587238 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4785 on: February 10, 2014, 09:52:12 pm »

25% Mafia, 75% players = 100% formula for people staying on this board, I believe.
And the writing of the mods. Oh so much their writing. Makes my eyes squee and my mind float in vivid, picturesque scenes.

Being as I am opposed to drinking on moral grounds I don't really find much weight with the "Drink while playing" though imagining Toony sipping wine while plotting deviously is an appealing mental image.
Now this is something I'd fully back.

As for myself, though I've not been here long, I keep coming back because I like the people who play. Honestly if everyone here decided "Hey, we're all tired of mafia. Let's go play [Risk/Checkers/DnD/Parcheesi/Clue/Etc] instead!" I would immediately join up.
...I've never played D&D my whole life. :(

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: February 10, 2014, 09:56:12 pm »

...I've never played D&D my whole life. :(

It's not for everyone. I've personally been trying to get a game together for MOWE and a friend of mine for a little bit. If you're interested in playing I'd keep an eye on the 'Forum Games and Role-playing' section. They generally have a DnD game going. If nothing else I could link you to some rule-books and you could see if you'd be interested in the first place.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: February 10, 2014, 10:03:42 pm »

Playing Mafia while under the influence of anything is a bad idea. But for other people it's hilarious.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: February 10, 2014, 11:45:34 pm »

Exactly. Among other things, I played Trouble in Terrorist Town during the only time in my life that I've drank anything (it was a mix of juice and isopropanol... long story...) and my friends told me it was hilarious.

The only thing I hate about forum mafia is the fact that I sometimes get too many things to answer to, and it just starts sucking up more and more time until the only thing I have time for is answering questions. Other than that, it's great.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: February 11, 2014, 09:00:44 am »

Drinking and Mafia is a terrible and hilarious combination. /me looks at Magic Mafia

But yeah, you dudes and dudettes are pretty cool.

Back on topic a bit, Limerick Mafia is finished.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: February 11, 2014, 10:55:02 am »

I'd like to run KotM4 sometime in March...maybe April if the queue is too large...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: February 11, 2014, 02:29:55 pm »

I am kind of worried because Webadict's been gone for a while.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: February 11, 2014, 05:40:42 pm »

I have a feeling he will be back.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: February 11, 2014, 06:56:46 pm »

Wow, I'm going to miss Webadict. He was an influential personality on these boards...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: February 11, 2014, 07:06:53 pm »

Yes.  I give him a month at most.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: February 11, 2014, 07:35:21 pm »

Oh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: February 11, 2014, 08:06:32 pm »

THe Good the Bad and the Ugly is now in sign-ups.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: February 15, 2014, 09:45:48 pm »

Yes.  I give him a month at most.

Is there a reason why? Does this happen often?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: February 16, 2014, 01:06:38 am »

It happens enough that it's kind of becoming a pattern. For example, I think Vector has 'left' a couple of times now.

Anybody who cares enough to say goodbye is still invested in the board to some extent. That's not an easy thing to leave behind for good, especially when coming back is as easy as logging in again.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 443