Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 42386 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Three - Marco Polo?
« Reply #465 on: February 23, 2010, 01:26:02 pm »

In my opinion, self preservation is less scummy at lylo because if we lynch a towny we lose. Scum wins. So the town needs to protect itself from it's lynch while aiming for the scum. Of course it is scummy, but not as bad as it could be under different circumstances. I probably haven't explained this very well, so tell me if you don't understand.

I only voted to get her attention, as at that point I though it was just her not posting instead of everybody. I'm not sure what you mean by me disrupting her either, she seems to have managed that well enough on her own.

To your last comment, I've trying a new tactic, of thinking through everything I say and reading it through before posting instead of posting the first thing that comes to mind. I've got lynched for doing that, and I'd rather not waste another day for the town.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 23, 2010, 01:36:44 pm »

'less scummy' doesn't mean 'town'.  Even if it's only 'slightly scummy' that's STILL enough to warrant an attack.  Unless you have someone better to target that's more scummy, you don't let ANY scumminess pass by without a townie reason or a lynch.

To be quite honest solifuge, I don't see how Mephansteras defending himself is a bad thing considering it is lylo.  if we had 1 scum to 6 of us then I'd understand what you mean but the scum can easily afford to lose a partner and still have a strong chance of winning here, what with all the megalurking going on.

That = "Stop bothering Meph.  He's alright"

Aka, you aimed to stop Soli from attacking Meph any further. 

So now you're stuck with with task:  Show us why you believe Meph is town and, thus, shouldn't be poked at by Solifuge.  Note that your argument about his one action doesn't work alone since you admitted that it is scummy.. if slightly scummy.  So unless you feel that Meph is town, then you just defended someone that you have no clue about and seem to have no issue with the risk that he could be scum.  You also didn't see Solifuge as actually scummy (the other big reason to disrupt a scumhunt) herself due to that by your comments just now so you need not bother there.

However, if you did feel that Meph could be scum but you aren't sure...if you seemed more interested in stopping an argument against him rather than trying to actually HUNT scum...

well then, perhaps the reason why is because you just want to make sure you look your best just in case the town wakes up.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2010, 02:07:08 pm »

Well, I personally don't see anything scummy with Meph, but that doesn't mean he isn't scum, as you said. I just wanted it explained to me why Self-preservation is so bad at lylo.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2010, 02:16:38 pm »

Also, unvote, as it's been addressed now.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2010, 03:42:01 pm »

If Meph is lynched and he's town he looses, that's true.  However, if ANY TOWN is lynched and Meph is town he looses just as badly.  Any town worth being town will realize it's not just their own death that will lose but anything that doesn't result in a mafia lynch, including no lynches or plain old lack of scumhunting.

So if you and Meph really actually CARED about the town winning, you'd be doing far, FAR more than just trying to keep alive.

Mafia though.. they have the same goal as always: if they live one more day, they win.  Who dies doesn't matter so long as they live one more day.

So the fact that Meph was being defensive looks awkward.

The fact that you not only are defensive but are going out of your way to defend others, and posting enough to look more active than everyone else and yet do NOTHING to actually address the issue of lynching scum look horrible enough to BE scum.
I KNEW IT!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2010, 04:05:19 pm »

Right, I'll fix that then.

I'll go back through the thread and see if I can find something that hasn't been picked up. the lack of recent posts will make it more difficult though.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2010, 06:04:51 pm »

Consuming one of my valuable remaining posts to say:

Dakarian, don't get too caught up solely in this Mephansteras-Kashyyk thing.

Kashyyk: Are you buddying Meph? Trying to make sure he won't vote you? Are you protecting your partner? Why derail an argument if you're so uncertain of his alignment? Town and Scum show different forms of survival instinct in Lylo.

Everyone else: WHERE YOU AT!?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2010, 06:59:30 pm »

Kashyyk: Are you buddying Meph?
not intentionally, although with hindsight it does look like that, yes.

Trying to make sure he won't vote you?
Would be nice, as if he does the town will lose.

Are you protecting your partner?
A silly idea imo, it'd draw everyone's attention to me and knowing me I'd get lynched for it, which means if I was scum then Meph would get insta-lynched tomorrow unless he found some way of clawing his way out of it. If he was scum as well as me then that would leave one scum vs two town. not a fun place to be I can tell you (for the town at least. Never been there with scum but I can imagine it's just as bad, if not worse.)

Why derail an argument if you're so uncertain of his alignment? Town and Scum show different forms of survival instinct in Lylo.
People keep saying, and I've only just discovered what the actual differences are.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2010, 07:09:03 pm »

Kashyyk Hi Mr. Wifom

count
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2010, 10:21:13 pm »

Also, unvote, as it's been addressed now.
What? Why are you unvoting? Soli hasn't even responded to you.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 24, 2010, 01:29:59 pm »

Activity!

I'm probably only going to be able to check this thread weekdays at noon, for the near future. Might change if I can pirate some variety of internet from my neighbors.

For the time being, Unvote.

I'm intrigued by this Kashykk/Mephansteras dimension, and has some overlap with my theory. I'm trying my hardest to get a feel for the group of players who are acting most trusting, or most forcedly suspicious, but I really can't commit the time to an intensive thread-scan.

Role notwithstanding, my CobaltKobold suspicion remains. I have a handful of players I suspect for reasons of passive activity, and self-preservation, but there are more suspects than probable scum, so I need to whittle down the list.

I would, however, have to agree that Kashyyk is getting wierdly waffley while under fire. Started big and imposing, but sort of crumpled after a few jabs and started agreeing with Dakarian. I'm strangely reminded of the original Death Star... an interstellar weapons battery capable of destroying worlds, but after a single torpedo into an exhaust port, the whole thing fell apart.

Yay Starwars. Anywho, we need to agree on someone we find the most scummy, and rather soon. I am confident enough to bank on Kashyyk or Mephansteras being scum.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 24, 2010, 03:10:02 pm »

Eduren: dakarian answered it for me. It was just a general question but I just aimed at soli.

Solifuge: As I've said I'm trying a new tactic, to see how it works.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 24, 2010, 03:32:50 pm »

*puts on trainer hat*

If you are trying out tactics on how not to be lynched.. you've shot yourself in the foot.

The problem is the entire concept behind it: trying NOT to get lynched is exactly the goal of scum and exactly NOT the goal of the town.  Yes, Mafia would like to lynch someone in particular at times.  Yes, Townies don't like being lynched.  However, the true aim of Town isn't to live the day but to lynch the right person.

I don't know what the particulars of your new tactic are but I don't see very much actually trying to find scum in it, and without that, you'll NEVER look town.  It's sort of like saying "what's a good way to look innocent", while trying to steal a bank.

*takes off the hat*

I'll give you this question:  After 3 game days and all of your actions and events, who, are you able to name at least one person who you believe is scum?
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 24, 2010, 03:54:19 pm »

Unofficial vote count:

Cobaltkobold: Pandarsenic, Eduren
Mephansteras: CobaltKobold
Kashyyk: Dakarian

CobaltKobold: You've done very little lately to convince me that you're not scum. Your accusations have been flimsy, your actions in this game have been erratic and poorly explained, you haven't posted much of substance in days, and your role claim does nothing to say that you're town.

At this point, I'm pretty sure you're scum. But since I can't unvote, and we're at lylo, I'll give you until tomorrow morning to prove otherwise.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 24, 2010, 04:01:35 pm »

Eduren: dakarian answered it for me. It was just a general question but I just aimed at soli.
But still, you backed down.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36