Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 4/7 aquatic drowning?  (Read 477 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
4/7 aquatic drowning?
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:52:27 pm »

I got a question, if i add pet_exotic to some water only beast wich drown when out of water, if i place my Kennel in 4/7 water will i be able to tame them and then they will be ok in 4/7 or will they drown?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 4/7 aquatic drowning?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 01:56:56 pm »

That's... a really interesting question.

I know that a creature can generally choose to either swim or stand in 4/7 water, but I have no idea is that's what handles air-drowning. It PROBABLY does, though.

Another question, really, is whether or not the animals will even choose to swim while training. Their behavior in the kennels could hardcoded in some bizarre way.

I definitely suggest testing this.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:32:48 pm »

Ill test it and send out my result but first i would need to catch something i could tame not easy to get an aqautic creature in a cage XD. If i dam a river place a bunch of cage trap on the river bed and allow water again will aqautic creature get caught in it?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:52:53 pm »

Once again: Test it.
Where is that DORFEN SCIENCE picture when you need it?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 03:41:06 pm »

War carp ftw. I remember people suggested it a few times before and nobody told it doesn't work, however I don't remember if anyone told that it works :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository