Disagreeing, Fine
- 0 (0%)
Why you make a fuzz 'bout it?
- 3 (6.1%)
Lets just be happy
- 19 (38.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 66

Author Topic: My problem with modern games.  (Read 120671 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: My problem with modern games.
« Reply #600 on: March 13, 2010, 01:14:54 am »

I like how they say you'll always be clearly understood.  In reality, no one will have any idea what that goofy swirl is on the end of your sentences.  They'll probably think you're an idiot.
Shoes...

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 13, 2010, 12:11:39 pm »

I like how they say you'll always be clearly understood.  In reality, no one will have any idea what that goofy swirl is on the end of your sentences.  They'll probably think you're an idiot.

No, see, anyone who can see it knows what it is. :D

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 13, 2010, 04:12:18 pm »

If my friends are so stupid I need to use a punctuation mark for sarcasm, I am better off getting new friends.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 13, 2010, 04:20:07 pm »

I thought you just used italics?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 13, 2010, 04:55:03 pm »

No, reverse italics. I've no idea how those were done, but I've seen them proposed somewhere on these here forums.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 13, 2010, 06:50:41 pm »

I was pretty jazzed about OnLive when they demoed Crysis on it.  But it looks like the video quality just isn't all that hot after all, the lag problems are pretty much what you expect with FPS's, and then on top of all that, it looks like they expect you to actually purchase the title at retail price AND pay a monthly fee for the privilege of playing it over OnLive.  Total deal-breaker.  I'll stick with my PC and console.
Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 13, 2010, 06:54:21 pm »

I was pretty jazzed about OnLive when they demoed Crysis on it.  But it looks like the video quality just isn't all that hot after all, the lag problems are pretty much what you expect with FPS's, and then on top of all that, it looks like they expect you to actually purchase the title at retail price AND pay a monthly fee for the privilege of playing it over OnLive.  Total deal-breaker.  I'll stick with my PC and console.

So basically they sell you single games and then make you pay a monthly fee to play them?  Holy generic religious type figure I hope this fails horribly.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 13, 2010, 07:02:17 pm »

I also found it amusing that despite their odd adapter/router-box-thing you supposedly use to use OnLive on TVs and such is "extremely simple/costs virtually nothing and as such we can basically give it away", rumours abound that it'll cost extra in itself, so if that's the case you're bascially paying for a relatively cheap console, a potentially highly expensive online service, and the games themselves.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 14, 2010, 03:46:49 pm »

I also found it amusing that despite their odd adapter/router-box-thing you supposedly use to use OnLive on TVs and such is "extremely simple/costs virtually nothing and as such we can basically give it away", rumours abound that it'll cost extra in itself, so if that's the case you're bascially paying for a relatively cheap console, a potentially highly expensive online service, and the games themselves.

Its also like the recent DRM hoo-haa... Constant internet connection needed! 

Publishers will eat this up!
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 15, 2010, 12:24:16 am »

We should oppose this kind of behavior with every fiber of our beings.  I was saying "Sarcmark pirate" obviously in jest because if someone invents something they should allow mankind to evaluate and enjoy it.  If the invention is deemed to be worthwhile, people will support the inventor in future or continuing his/her endeavors.  If not, back to the drawing board.  That's what Toady does, and it's the model artists/inventors have used for most of human history.

But taking something that ought to be public use, whether its punctuation, and idea, a gene or economic infrastructure and claiming it's yours or the corporation's and charging others to use it is theft. 

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 15, 2010, 05:59:28 am »

But taking something that ought to be public use, whether its punctuation, and idea, a gene or economic infrastructure and claiming it's yours or the corporation's and charging others to use it is theft. 

That's what the Native Americans used to think about land. It's a shame pure greed and government-backed coercion win every time. But is the world better or worse off for it?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 15, 2010, 06:21:33 am »

Free for a limited time!!!
http://02bd05c.netsolhost.com/SarcMark/GiveAway/giveawayStart.asp
 ::) ::) ::)

Wow, both computers need the (will be) $2 software to even see it. And it doesn't work on facebook.

The graphical one only works in a few programs. This software is crap.

Uh, it sounds like (I'm not downloading it) they just put it in your local Unicode page (Unicode has some pages reserved for local stuff, like, special symbols you use in your company or whatever, this is exactly what it's made for).  Any program that supports Unicode will support their SarcMark stuff, as long as both users have it.

...Or hey, in mail programs, they probably have a way to send a font along with your message.  I think that's standardized.  If they just make a small font that just contains the SarcMark, then you can type your whole message in something normal, and just press their special key to paste in the SarcMark in the special magic font and it'll work over email regardless of if they have the local unicode page installed or not.

Of COURSE it's not going to be supported on Facebook, or any other website that doesn't support Unicode.

A͢n̷d̴ ̷w̧h͟o͏ ̵su͠p͞p̀o͜rts͢ Un͞įcode̴ t͟o ̶e͢nter ͟t̛ext ͝ơn̛ ͏an̶ on̶li͏ne̕ ̸foru̡m̷ ̢th̡es͏e̡ d̛ąy͜s͘ a͘n̨ywa͠y? ̶ F͝u͢l̡l ̶unic̴od̵e ͡i̡s ͏just ̨ASKI̴N͢G ͏f͟or s̵ome tw̧it́ ̵to͏ come a͞long ̵wit͝h a͝ ̢p͜a̵gef̡u̷l o͏f̷ ͠ZA͡LG̀O͡.

ANY program that has any support for embedded images (and there's a very nice standard for that) will support embedding of images, naturally.  And having a macro to paste an image in there is a pretty smart way to implement it.

In short, if your corporation had some symbol that became important to use in everyday conversation and business (like, say, you were some music rag talking about the artist formally known as Prince), this is a great way to implement it and I think they did a good job.  The software is almost assuredly NOT crap.  The whole concept of trying to make money off of this, however, is pants-on-head retarded.

PS: Z̵̟̫̲̰̲͔͙͖̗̯͔̩̘̱͍̻̞̎ͤ̑͂ͪͮ́ͤ͋ͭ̌ͦ̎̆̿͌̑͢ͅA̶̛̛̰̹͉̠̰̳̱͓͆ͯ͗̆̑͂ͦ̕L̢̍ͦ̎̿ͮ̆̍̇̿̽̅͠͏̩̖͚͍͚̥̯̦̥̪̱̺̩͖͘G̱̻̙̗̪̥͆̄ͦͬͦͬ̚͝Ơ̸̖̼̣̩̯͔̮̭͍̙̪̲͖̗̯̝̠̓ͣͬ͌͠ ̷͓̝̪̭ͦͧͬ͆ͦ̉͢Z̴̠̗͓̼̟͈̜̟̗͎̹̟̫ͨ̅̉͌͂͟͟͝ͅͅA̴ͤ̓̉̾̉̂͒̎̉͗ͭ͂̀̐ͬ͡҉̘͈̥͇̹͉͚͉̩͎̠̖̼̗̝̤̝̞̰̕Ľ̶̨͑ͬ̇̅͐̂́̂ͣ̒ͥͩ̍̅͋͌̌̕͏̧̹̜̘̣̬G͙͕̮̹͇͎̦͈̟̝̱̝̺͍̰͚̀̑ͭ̓̈ͪ̑̑̆̂̒̑́̚̕͘͡O̶͙̦̳̮̯̙͑ͪ̿ͧ̇̔̃̄͂ͣ̕̕ ̸̵̦̮̻̣̲͖͇̘̗ͯͥ͂̄͗̌̂́͌ͦͥ̎͞Z̏̇͆̈ͧ̎ͮ͗̐҉̷̶͇̹̤̗͙͈̣̠͉̼͎͎̝̰̜͉͓͢Ă̢͚̞̣̪͓͖͚̟̥͙̫̪̪̙͚̳̖̪ͬ͋̾̐ͩ́̇̊ͪ̚͘ͅL̸̢͐̾̌ͤ̅ͦ̑̐͝҉̨̞͙̞͈̺͎̪̳G̴̷̤̰̜̣̯̲̝̱͆͊̒̏ͤͯ̎ͭ̑̄̋̔͗̈́̐͆͋̕͞O̶̿̽ͧͩ̀͑͐̑̐̋̔̂͡҉̡̼͔̘̯̻̟̖͚͓͓̮̯̦̕ ̡̡̰̬̪̪̳͇̖̙̣̯̹͔̖̜̏͋̍̑ͮ͋̅́̀͞͞ͅZ͒͂ͭͮA̟͎͓̥͕̞̝̬͕̩̺̰̳̺̹̟ͦ͋ͨ̌ͭ͋̎ͫ̀͐̑̿ͩ̂̀͘L̴̵̡̧͓̩̠̹̦̤̮͙̠ͤ̍͒̚G̸̟͔̯̠ͩ̇̿̆ͦ̏ͬ̂͗̀͝Ǫ̛͋̐́̍̽̒ͨͪ͏͈̤̮̻̥̻̥͔͉̟̣ ͮͦ̾̉̇́̚͡͞͏̳̣̪̩̪̗̲̺̻̼͈̫̗ͅZ̵̯͍̬̖̙̝̲̹̓̐͌ͤ̾̃͐̂ͣͨ̇ͫͯ̚̚͟Ą̵̶̴̬̺̬̳͕̻̘̐͑̌ͩͥ̇̇̎͋̈ͭ͌̌ͦ̇̇ͬͣ̎͘ͅL̬̱̥͓͚̺̩̮̖̭̖̼͕ͨ̅͑ͥ̂ͬ̃̑ͧ̔́͞͠G̨̪̦̻̞͖̺̰̟̲͍̩̬̳͎̤̟ͮ́ͤ̌͂͌͑̌̒ͥO͎̪̯̺͇̲͎̝͕̪̖͌͆̌̈ͩ̐̀̕͞ͅ
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 06:29:33 am by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 15, 2010, 06:45:40 am »

Heh. I've always been curious about this thing. Now I know its name!

๒̷̪͈̹̭̫͔̟̟̲̀̆̐͡l̏̍̎̽̄́̆͗͟҉̤͓͎̝̱̻͖͔͖๏̋̓̾ͯ͏̛͓̞̝๏͓͚̫̗͓͚̝ͩ́ͫ̐ͣ̔͐ͩ͝ ๔̛̤̣̮̟̰̇̓ͅ ͙͆ͥͥ̀͛ͧ͡Ŧ̵̧͇̮̺͍ͩ͛̇ͫͭ̍̀̕ͅ๏͓͓̫͐̅̊̑ͤг̛̺͓̟͇̔̓̈́̅̈̓̂͐ ̡͉̙͖͙̲̳̽̇͒͒͡ṭ̫̜ͮ̊̾͠ђ̒ͭ̈́ͫ̈́͋͏̷̛͍̜є̟̤̜̭̜ͤ͑͛ͫ̀ ̴̪͇̱̜̤̥̹̖͊͋̄̈́̎̎ͣ̃͡๒̻̗͈͓͓̦͓ͤͧ̍ͫ͡l̟͍͔̺͎̱̠̻̓ͣ̇̋́͜๏͖̼͇̠͇̦̆̆๏̵̗̻̮ͦ͐̈́ ๔̗̩͔̻̥̃̽̾̃̈́ͤͦ̑͘ ̸̬̰̒ﻮͧ̈̀̏̑ͤ͌̍͏͓̜̩̥̪͔๏͉̤̘̜̲̥ͥ̇̑๔̝̃̈́̅͌ͨ̂̋ͯ!̧̹̟̤͆͟
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 15, 2010, 08:59:08 am »

I wonder how to do that for something useful...only about 1/5 of those symbols display for me though.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 15, 2010, 10:25:25 am »

Heh. I've always been curious about this thing. Now I know its name!

๒̷̪͈̹̭̫͔̟̟̲̀̆̐͡l̏̍̎̽̄́̆͗͟҉̤͓͎̝̱̻͖͔͖๏̋̓̾ͯ͏̛͓̞̝๏͓͚̫̗͓͚̝ͩ́ͫ̐ͣ̔͐ͩ͝ ๔̛̤̣̮̟̰̇̓ͅ ͙͆ͥͥ̀͛ͧ͡Ŧ̵̧͇̮̺͍ͩ͛̇ͫͭ̍̀̕ͅ๏͓͓̫͐̅̊̑ͤг̛̺͓̟͇̔̓̈́̅̈̓̂͐ ̡͉̙͖͙̲̳̽̇͒͒͡ṭ̫̜ͮ̊̾͠ђ̒ͭ̈́ͫ̈́͋͏̷̛͍̜є̟̤̜̭̜ͤ͑͛ͫ̀ ̴̪͇̱̜̤̥̹̖͊͋̄̈́̎̎ͣ̃͡๒̻̗͈͓͓̦͓ͤͧ̍ͫ͡l̟͍͔̺͎̱̠̻̓ͣ̇̋́͜๏͖̼͇̠͇̦̆̆๏̵̗̻̮ͦ͐̈́ ๔̗̩͔̻̥̃̽̾̃̈́ͤͦ̑͘ ̸̬̰̒ﻮͧ̈̀̏̑ͤ͌̍͏͓̜̩̥̪͔๏͉̤̘̜̲̥ͥ̇̑๔̝̃̈́̅͌ͨ̂̋ͯ!̧̹̟̤͆͟
Well... its useful if you want to be in the special club.....  90% of the symbols are errored out and the rest...  I don't even know...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 66