Disagreeing, Fine
- 0 (0%)
Why you make a fuzz 'bout it?
- 3 (6.1%)
Lets just be happy
- 19 (38.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66

Author Topic: My problem with modern games.  (Read 120201 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: My problem with modern games.
« Reply #615 on: March 15, 2010, 10:48:19 am »

PS: Z̵̟̫̲̰̲͔͙͖̗̯͔̩̘̱͍̻̞̎ͤ̑͂ͪͮ́ͤ͋ͭ̌ͦ̎̆̿͌̑͢ͅA̶̛̛̰̹͉̠̰̳̱͓͆ͯ͗̆̑͂ͦ̕L̢̍ͦ̎̿ͮ̆̍̇̿̽̅͠͏̩̖͚͍͚̥̯̦̥̪̱̺̩͖͘G̱̻̙̗̪̥͆̄ͦͬͦͬ̚͝Ơ̸̖̼̣̩̯͔̮̭͍̙̪̲͖̗̯̝̠̓ͣͬ͌͠ ̷͓̝̪̭ͦͧͬ͆ͦ̉͢Z̴̠̗͓̼̟͈̜̟̗͎̹̟̫ͨ̅̉͌͂͟͟͝ͅͅA̴ͤ̓̉̾̉̂͒̎̉͗ͭ͂̀̐ͬ͡҉̘͈̥͇̹͉͚͉̩͎̠̖̼̗̝̤̝̞̰̕Ľ̶̨͑ͬ̇̅͐̂́̂ͣ̒ͥͩ̍̅͋͌̌̕͏̧̹̜̘̣̬G͙͕̮̹͇͎̦͈̟̝̱̝̺͍̰͚̀̑ͭ̓̈ͪ̑̑̆̂̒̑́̚̕͘͡O̶͙̦̳̮̯̙͑ͪ̿ͧ̇̔̃̄͂ͣ̕̕ ̸̵̦̮̻̣̲͖͇̘̗ͯͥ͂̄͗̌̂́͌ͦͥ̎͞Z̏̇͆̈ͧ̎ͮ͗̐҉̷̶͇̹̤̗͙͈̣̠͉̼͎͎̝̰̜͉͓͢Ă̢͚̞̣̪͓͖͚̟̥͙̫̪̪̙͚̳̖̪ͬ͋̾̐ͩ́̇̊ͪ̚͘ͅL̸̢͐̾̌ͤ̅ͦ̑̐͝҉̨̞͙̞͈̺͎̪̳G̴̷̤̰̜̣̯̲̝̱͆͊̒̏ͤͯ̎ͭ̑̄̋̔͗̈́̐͆͋̕͞O̶̿̽ͧͩ̀͑͐̑̐̋̔̂͡҉̡̼͔̘̯̻̟̖͚͓͓̮̯̦̕ ̡̡̰̬̪̪̳͇̖̙̣̯̹͔̖̜̏͋̍̑ͮ͋̅́̀͞͞ͅZ͒͂ͭͮA̟͎͓̥͕̞̝̬͕̩̺̰̳̺̹̟ͦ͋ͨ̌ͭ͋̎ͫ̀͐̑̿ͩ̂̀͘L̴̵̡̧͓̩̠̹̦̤̮͙̠ͤ̍͒̚G̸̟͔̯̠ͩ̇̿̆ͦ̏ͬ̂͗̀͝Ǫ̛͋̐́̍̽̒ͨͪ͏͈̤̮̻̥̻̥͔͉̟̣ ͮͦ̾̉̇́̚͡͞͏̳̣̪̩̪̗̲̺̻̼͈̫̗ͅZ̵̯͍̬̖̙̝̲̹̓̐͌ͤ̾̃͐̂ͣͨ̇ͫͯ̚̚͟Ą̵̶̴̬̺̬̳͕̻̘̐͑̌ͩͥ̇̇̎͋̈ͭ͌̌ͦ̇̇ͬͣ̎͘ͅL̬̱̥͓͚̺̩̮̖̭̖̼͕ͨ̅͑ͥ̂ͬ̃̑ͧ̔́͞͠G̨̪̦̻̞͖̺̰̟̲͍̩̬̳͎̤̟ͮ́ͤ̌͂͌͑̌̒ͥO͎̪̯̺͇̲͎̝͕̪̖͌͆̌̈ͩ̐̀̕͞ͅ

I demand to know how this was written! No, wait, I figured it out. That is one weird font...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 15, 2010, 11:07:15 am »

PS: Z̵̟̫̲̰̲͔͙͖̗̯͔̩̘̱͍̻̞̎ͤ̑͂ͪͮ́ͤ͋ͭ̌ͦ̎̆̿͌̑͢ͅA̶̛̛̰̹͉̠̰̳̱͓͆ͯ͗̆̑͂ͦ̕L̢̍ͦ̎̿ͮ̆̍̇̿̽̅͠͏̩̖͚͍͚̥̯̦̥̪̱̺̩͖͘G̱̻̙̗̪̥͆̄ͦͬͦͬ̚͝Ơ̸̖̼̣̩̯͔̮̭͍̙̪̲͖̗̯̝̠̓ͣͬ͌͠ ̷͓̝̪̭ͦͧͬ͆ͦ̉͢Z̴̠̗͓̼̟͈̜̟̗͎̹̟̫ͨ̅̉͌͂͟͟͝ͅͅA̴ͤ̓̉̾̉̂͒̎̉͗ͭ͂̀̐ͬ͡҉̘͈̥͇̹͉͚͉̩͎̠̖̼̗̝̤̝̞̰̕Ľ̶̨͑ͬ̇̅͐̂́̂ͣ̒ͥͩ̍̅͋͌̌̕͏̧̹̜̘̣̬G͙͕̮̹͇͎̦͈̟̝̱̝̺͍̰͚̀̑ͭ̓̈ͪ̑̑̆̂̒̑́̚̕͘͡O̶͙̦̳̮̯̙͑ͪ̿ͧ̇̔̃̄͂ͣ̕̕ ̸̵̦̮̻̣̲͖͇̘̗ͯͥ͂̄͗̌̂́͌ͦͥ̎͞Z̏̇͆̈ͧ̎ͮ͗̐҉̷̶͇̹̤̗͙͈̣̠͉̼͎͎̝̰̜͉͓͢Ă̢͚̞̣̪͓͖͚̟̥͙̫̪̪̙͚̳̖̪ͬ͋̾̐ͩ́̇̊ͪ̚͘ͅL̸̢͐̾̌ͤ̅ͦ̑̐͝҉̨̞͙̞͈̺͎̪̳G̴̷̤̰̜̣̯̲̝̱͆͊̒̏ͤͯ̎ͭ̑̄̋̔͗̈́̐͆͋̕͞O̶̿̽ͧͩ̀͑͐̑̐̋̔̂͡҉̡̼͔̘̯̻̟̖͚͓͓̮̯̦̕ ̡̡̰̬̪̪̳͇̖̙̣̯̹͔̖̜̏͋̍̑ͮ͋̅́̀͞͞ͅZ͒͂ͭͮA̟͎͓̥͕̞̝̬͕̩̺̰̳̺̹̟ͦ͋ͨ̌ͭ͋̎ͫ̀͐̑̿ͩ̂̀͘L̴̵̡̧͓̩̠̹̦̤̮͙̠ͤ̍͒̚G̸̟͔̯̠ͩ̇̿̆ͦ̏ͬ̂͗̀͝Ǫ̛͋̐́̍̽̒ͨͪ͏͈̤̮̻̥̻̥͔͉̟̣ ͮͦ̾̉̇́̚͡͞͏̳̣̪̩̪̗̲̺̻̼͈̫̗ͅZ̵̯͍̬̖̙̝̲̹̓̐͌ͤ̾̃͐̂ͣͨ̇ͫͯ̚̚͟Ą̵̶̴̬̺̬̳͕̻̘̐͑̌ͩͥ̇̇̎͋̈ͭ͌̌ͦ̇̇ͬͣ̎͘ͅL̬̱̥͓͚̺̩̮̖̭̖̼͕ͨ̅͑ͥ̂ͬ̃̑ͧ̔́͞͠G̨̪̦̻̞͖̺̰̟̲͍̩̬̳͎̤̟ͮ́ͤ̌͂͌͑̌̒ͥO͎̪̯̺͇̲͎̝͕̪̖͌͆̌̈ͩ̐̀̕͞ͅ

I demand to know how this was written! No, wait, I figured it out. That is one weird font...

It's several, actually.  It combines Diacritical Marks (U+0300 - U+036F), Greek and Coptic (U+0370 - U+3FF) and Cyrillic (U+0400 - U+04FF).

Also:

Z̬͊̒̌A̰̎̊̉͋͋Ḽ͚͙̫͎̔̽͌̌Ģ̖́ͤͦ̎O̴̟̖̞ͫ ͛t͙͛ͭ͗͆͑̓̓e̻̟̻͐̈́̓̑͠ͅx̯̹̓ͥ͜tͭ͒̄͡ ͙̰͇̱͎͊̽̂͑͂͒̾g̟̻ͦe̺̰̠͉̹̠̪͐ṉ̻̝̲͈̈ͦ̓ͦ̆e̶̹̖r̛̘̯̦̻͛̆̿̅̈̂͐a̯̞̮͈̜ͭͧt̎͝o̸̲͙̊͊̉ͥ̿̎̊r̞͙͔͋̄ͭ̚.̸̮͍͂ ̛̘̬̗͕̲͇̩ͭ̾̄ ͞ḫ͖̞͇̞ͪͫ̉̾̋ͩ̏̀t͙̫̝ͤͬ̅ͫ͗t̰̰̙̻̝͑p̛͎͂̊ͥ͊̃͗̚:̣̺͐ͮͣͭͣ͜/̩͚ͥ̔̔ͭ̈ͅ/̴͔̫̺̹̯̫̉ͦ̌͂̅w̼̪̩͇̭̖ww͛͟.͍͍͖͙̌ͫe̫͕͍̳͕͉͊ͨ̓ͫ̄ͫͭḙ̠͈̱͈̥̻̆ͣe̗̥̙͔̘̲͓͆̌̌̓m͍ͫͅͅͅo̵̥̟̗͈̰ͮ̔.n̸̹̹̘͙̺̤͉ͪ̊ͭé̫t̞̠̭͉̱̎͗ͭ̃͟

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 15, 2010, 12:16:26 pm »

I̶̦ͪ͆͗ ̲̯̻̞̞͈͉̇͛ṷ͛ͬ̏ͬs̨̜̩̼͉͇͋͊ͦͭ͊͐ḙ̪̮͚̏̊ͬͭ̽̂̿d̐̅̌ͭ̐̇̂ ̘͙̖̳̞̾͘w̱̖̟̫̏̇̋̍ͧ̓ͅẃ̵̤͇̣͈͈ͩͩ̒̚w̟̦̱̺̭̬̓̿̅̅̚ͅ.̭̪̦̯͖͖́t̶̗͔̣̓̈ͮe̬̰̞̺͢x̴̲̘͕͉̲̱̿͒t̠̺̖̭͈ͤo̥̬̺͍̗͙̓͆̉̚z̜̮̘̬̤͈͘o̶̼͕̪̝̲̼̓ͩ̾ͤ̎ͦ͋ṛ.̸͈̣̬̦̰ͭ̍̄̽͐c̠̗ͧͮö̮̲͈͔͓͓́̒́m̞̩͓̦̿͒ͅ.ͬ̈̚҉̝̞ ̻̤͊I̗͉̱͚̻̲̞͡t̹̺̼͔̗͉͂̒̇͒ͦ ̭̩̥͗̿̇̋͂̾͛͡ͅĕ̺̳̘̭͚ͬͥ̉ͧͬ̾ṿ̮͕̞͡ḛ̹̯̭̈́̓̚n̮̝̜̣͗̓́̓ͥͦ ̻̟̗͗̊́hͥ͋͘as̷ ̬͔͍ͮ͗A̞̥̥͉̋̐rͨͭ̽͌ͦa̤̠̬͈̒̅ͣ̃̐̒b̏͑̊̿ͩì̷̬̺̗͚̹̝c̼̗̞̥̗̳̲ͬͯ͂ͩ͒̄͆ ̶̖̻̟̾ͯ̏a̻͖̞̺̠̙͛̄̃ͩn̶͕͍͐̃d̢̫͎̗̏͋͆ ̗̞͊͌̆̉L̇͌͋͌̈҉̮̳̼̙e̛̙͚͕̟̅ͥͭ̐e̛̜̠̔̍ͨ̓͋͆t̻͖̥̭̻͌ͩ͌͋̄̽s̵̤̝̯̦͚͂ͪ͌ͧp̖͓̟̠͋́̾ͩͩͩ̑e̡͉͎̟ě͖̎ͩͭk͖̖̬ͭ̈́̄̌̏ͅ ̜̌̇ͯ̅̆̏g̬̻̪̭̝e̘͓̜͎͂͠n͈̱̪̙̎͂͗ę̌r̢̟̹͎͋̉ạ͙̫̣̳͗̇͊ͤ͗̎tǒ̜̘̮̒̓̐r͉̅̐̆̑ͧͣ͂s̖̿ͬ.͕ͩ̄͜
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 15, 2010, 12:40:19 pm »

Ō͚͈̯̹̘͙̈́̄͒h̝̻̙ͯͧ͞ ̒́m̩̗͚̘̯̜͚ͪ͆͒̕y̡̥̻̰̫.̬̪̻̺͆̅ͣ̍ͨ̍̽ͅ ̧̙̼̟̎ͮ ͉͉̣͓͙͇̝ͩ̕M̈̓ͬ̽̊҉͈͖y̆̈́̈ ̼͈̲̪͍ͅŝ̙̲͉̹ͨ̾ḭ͍̳̮ģ͛͑̄̐͒̀ṇ̢͚͌̔ͯͩa̸̰͕̺͆̔́ͮ͐̿̉t͖̜̎̔͛̌̑ů͉̖̘͈͍̿̈͆ͭr̯̣͈͠e͊.̧̞̤̄ͪͫ̓̐.̵̲̠̜̪̦̮͔̏.̝͖̥̩̯ͬ̆̒

I̶̦ͪ͆͗ ̲̯̻̞̞͈͉̇͛ṷ͛ͬ̏ͬs̨̜̩̼͉͇͋͊ͦͭ͊͐ḙ̪̮͚̏̊ͬͭ̽̂̿d̐̅̌ͭ̐̇̂ ̘͙̖̳̞̾͘w̱̖̟̫̏̇̋̍ͧ̓ͅẃ̵̤͇̣͈͈ͩͩ̒̚w̟̦̱̺̭̬̓̿̅̅̚ͅ.̭̪̦̯͖͖́t̶̗͔̣̓̈ͮe̬̰̞̺͢x̴̲̘͕͉̲̱̿͒t̠̺̖̭͈ͤo̥̬̺͍̗͙̓͆̉̚z̜̮̘̬̤͈͘o̶̼͕̪̝̲̼̓ͩ̾ͤ̎ͦ͋ṛ.̸͈̣̬̦̰ͭ̍̄̽͐c̠̗ͧͮö̮̲͈͔͓͓́̒́m̞̩͓̦̿͒ͅ.ͬ̈̚҉̝̞ ̻̤͊I̗͉̱͚̻̲̞͡t̹̺̼͔̗͉͂̒̇͒ͦ ̭̩̥͗̿̇̋͂̾͛͡ͅĕ̺̳̘̭͚ͬͥ̉ͧͬ̾ṿ̮͕̞͡ḛ̹̯̭̈́̓̚n̮̝̜̣͗̓́̓ͥͦ ̻̟̗͗̊́hͥ͋͘as̷ ̬͔͍ͮ͗A̞̥̥͉̋̐rͨͭ̽͌ͦa̤̠̬͈̒̅ͣ̃̐̒b̏͑̊̿ͩì̷̬̺̗͚̹̝c̼̗̞̥̗̳̲ͬͯ͂ͩ͒̄͆ ̶̖̻̟̾ͯ̏a̻͖̞̺̠̙͛̄̃ͩn̶͕͍͐̃d̢̫͎̗̏͋͆ ̗̞͊͌̆̉L̇͌͋͌̈҉̮̳̼̙e̛̙͚͕̟̅ͥͭ̐e̛̜̠̔̍ͨ̓͋͆t̻͖̥̭̻͌ͩ͌͋̄̽s̵̤̝̯̦͚͂ͪ͌ͧp̖͓̟̠͋́̾ͩͩͩ̑e̡͉͎̟ě͖̎ͩͭk͖̖̬ͭ̈́̄̌̏ͅ ̜̌̇ͯ̅̆̏g̬̻̪̭̝e̘͓̜͎͂͠n͈̱̪̙̎͂͗ę̌r̢̟̹͎͋̉ạ͙̫̣̳͗̇͊ͤ͗̎tǒ̜̘̮̒̓̐r͉̅̐̆̑ͧͣ͂s̖̿ͬ.͕ͩ̄͜

Same algorithm, actually.  Hell, same program.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:52:14 pm by Draco18s »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 28, 2010, 11:59:08 pm »

Have I said how much I hated console ports? I'm sure I did, but I must say that again.

I want pc exclusive games, but I doubt I will get any.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 29, 2010, 01:14:41 am »

Have I said how much I hated console ports? I'm sure I did, but I must say that again.

I want pc exclusive games, but I doubt I will get any.

Dwarf Fortress is a pretty much PC-exclusive game. Of course there's the multi-OS support with the new merge but YOU CANNOT PLAY DWARF FORTRESS ON A FUCKIN' XBOX or anything. This is what makes PCs better.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 29, 2010, 01:23:43 am »

I was referring to 'modern' games, as in, the new non-indie games coming out.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 29, 2010, 01:39:47 am »

I don't see an issue with games that are available on multiple systems.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 29, 2010, 05:12:45 am »

Dumbed down gameplay, thats it man my best game are either from indies or from oldies ( Abandonware ) been hell of a time i dont buy game anymore i download them using crack and all why? the day they will make a game that REALLY worth it gameplay wise i will buy it. Beside that f.off.

Dumbed down gameplay give it 10 year give or take, we will have virtual reality platformed mario bros, wow what a breaktrough...... Come on give me some real challenge, i miss the time where i was using my head and not my god damn thumb smashing the same old button.... Thats what i love with indie, they dont spend 4 year developing visual, 6 month on gameplay and 6 month on QA. They go straight to gameplay and then bug fix. THATS the good cow.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 29, 2010, 05:20:13 am »

I think they should focus more on games that teach you how to communicate using effective spelling and grammar.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 29, 2010, 09:24:39 am »

I don't see an issue with games that are available on multiple systems.
Probably because you do not dislike console games. I have a PC as a gaming system because I, of course, do not like console games and I really don't want to be limited to stupid control methods that are most evident on windows live games, ie, most xbox 360 games ported to pc.
I think they should focus more on games that teach you how to communicate using effective spelling and grammar.
One to teach people to stop being jerks online would be quite nice too, wouldn't it?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 29, 2010, 11:27:37 am »

Options>Key Configuration

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 29, 2010, 11:33:07 am »

I think he's talking more about the way menu's are implimented (Oblivion and fallout 3 for example), and games that only let you hotkey 4 things because thats how many you can hotkey to a D-pad.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 29, 2010, 11:42:38 am »

I haven't actually run into this issue, at least not in the past 2-3 years (I did have this issue with Fable, I recall). What games does this include?

I think Fallout 3 and Oblivion were ported to the Xbox 360, and not the other way around. The menu system wasn't that alien to me as a primarily PC gamer.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 29, 2010, 11:51:08 am »

Lololol.  Some games made for the XBawks don't have that.

Some examples:
1) Borderlands has no voice control options (why?  because it's a cross-platform executable that runs on the XBawks and the PS3 and god everything else too)

2) Lost Planet (the first one) displays all of your new controls as an XBawks controller.  You cannot change the controls without first exiting the campaign.  Also: all menus are escaped by the B key, because the B button on the XBawks controller does this.  THIS CANNOT BE CHANGED EVER.  There are no other "back" buttons.  A also advances, but the left mouse (thankfully) can do that too.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66