Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1593049 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Where the bearded women at? (suck it grammar nazis)
« Reply #375 on: March 15, 2010, 04:43:12 am »

I just shaved my grizzly adam beard.

I feel empty inside. Pictures in the next 36 hours. I will not be smiling due to respect of my apathy beard.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! We are popped collar cool.
« Reply #376 on: March 15, 2010, 10:46:18 am »

on a side note, Vector, what are you, crazy? You're a female and you've posted your pictures ON THE INTERNET. You should start receiving geeky love-letters in no time.
(I'm totally not scribbling one mysef)

*shrug*

Sorry, I must have had the misconception that you guys were more mature than that... also, I still don't understand what the big deal is about Wimmenz on the Intarwebz.  You've got lots of women around you (unless you're in some extreme circumstances of which I am not aware), and you're a hell of a lot more likely to have a chance with them.  Yeah, sure, sorting power of the internet, blah blah blah, but still: it's better to live one's life then spend it chatting up random females on the interwebs in hopes of getting one to pay attention to you, fall in love with you, and come see you wherever you happen to live and she doesn't.

Silly me, I thought the era of Dulcinea was over...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 15, 2010, 11:12:38 am »

Well yeah, that would be the logical thing to do, but then again...
Shoes...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 15, 2010, 11:14:59 am »

I'll try to explain: Nerds/geeks cannot talk to girls in real life, only on the internet, because they lack the self-confidence, and anonimity grants them that confidence. The pool is pretty small though, because A. there aren't many wimminz and B. When there are, they're usually smart enough not to tell other people that they are wimminz. Plus that C. anyone claiming to be a wimminz usually isn't.

Also, *most* of us in B12 are mature enough. The few crazy ones can ruin it, though. Like me. MWHahahaha.

Just remembered, the my-friend-who-you-look-like has a brother who's right now getting his PhD in group theory (or something, that's way over my head). So you even look like having math-genes.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 15, 2010, 11:48:07 am »

Also D:  An attractive nerd girl really has her pick of any nerd guy around and probably a lot of non nerd guys too.  You can't expect to stand out if you're a greasy neckbeard with social problems.
Shoes...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 15, 2010, 11:51:14 am »

I... really don't want to google it.
Can anyone explain to me the concept of "greasy neckbeard" in not-too-visually-scarring terminology?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 15, 2010, 11:55:41 am »

A neckbeard is a beard that grows only on the underside of your jaw and your neck.  Nothing on the face.  It's generally something large sweaty men who play Warhammer use to cover their second chin, and as a result the term has come to describe said large sweaty men.

A greasy neckbeard would be a large sweaty man who may or may not play Warhammer (Not all Warhammer-players are Neckbeards, not all Neckbeards play Warhammer) and generally has a greasy appearance due to poor hygiene.
Shoes...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 15, 2010, 12:01:57 pm »

Ahyes. Thanks, I know the type. If that is the average B12er, they obviously don't inhabit this topic.

OnTopic,

Another one from me, with offspring.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Offspring is not smiling, I'll berate her for it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 15, 2010, 12:06:46 pm »

I'll try to explain: Nerds/geeks cannot talk to girls in real life, only on the internet, because they lack the self-confidence, and anonimity grants them that confidence. The pool is pretty small though, because A. there aren't many wimminz and B. When there are, they're usually smart enough not to tell other people that they are wimminz. Plus that C. anyone claiming to be a wimminz usually isn't.

... They could always, say, try making friends with the wimminz, so that wimminz in general will be easier to approach... or, say, get info from the internet-wimminz on how to approach women in real life, so that the internet-wimminz-talking is actually useful, rather than just an annoyance/depressing venture for all concerned.

Just remembered, the my-friend-who-you-look-like has a brother who's right now getting his PhD in group theory (or something, that's way over my head). So you even look like having math-genes.

Haha.  Yeah, some people tell me I look like I was ripped directly off of one of those "Women in Mathematics" posters.

Also D:  An attractive nerd girl really has her pick of any nerd guy around and probably a lot of non nerd guys too.  You can't expect to stand out if you're a greasy neckbeard with social problems.

>_>  Lies.

The problem with being a (reasonably attractive on a good day, if only for personality) nerd girl is the guys all seem to forget you're female.  I'm serious about this one.  It's also really hard to be a nerd girl.  The normal guys don't want to have anything to do with you because of social problems and, I dunno, intimidation or something.  Nerd groups have generally been quite accepting of me, but then they also tend to be accepting to the point of total assimilation.

Hmph.

Also, no, I'm not looking for SO's on the intarwebz, if I haven't made that clear enough >_>  I'm just trying to say that being a non-disgusting nerd girl does not mean automatic pick of the litter.

@Siquo: Aww =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 15, 2010, 01:07:23 pm »

Gosh! I wonder which one is Il Palazzo?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 15, 2010, 01:35:11 pm »

Gosh! I wonder which one is Il Palazzo?

Spoiler: DUDE (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 15, 2010, 01:39:10 pm »

I was about to say that, my god your eyes.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 15, 2010, 01:45:25 pm »

>_>  Lies.

The problem with being a (reasonably attractive on a good day, if only for personality) nerd girl is the guys all seem to forget you're female.  I'm serious about this one.  It's also really hard to be a nerd girl.  The normal guys don't want to have anything to do with you because of social problems and, I dunno, intimidation or something.  Nerd groups have generally been quite accepting of me, but then they also tend to be accepting to the point of total assimilation.

Hmph.

Also, no, I'm not looking for SO's on the intarwebz, if I haven't made that clear enough >_>  I'm just trying to say that being a non-disgusting nerd girl does not mean automatic pick of the litter.
My girlfriend had this problem. We found each other due to mutual friends from the internet. It just fell together. I have no problem admitting in many ways she's more intelligent than I am. Even though she whinges about me being the more attractive half - I see her for her beauty (in all aspects of life) and see it as my job to make her feel gorgeous.

Don't sweat it, just enjoy life and learning new things everyday.

For everyone else, girls do exist out there; just like how many of us guys are invisible when we spend all day pursuing our geeky hobbies, those types of girls too are often hidden and invisible in a masculine society that tells them that their outward appearance is more important than their intelligence or personality.

Or sometimes they're right in front of your face but they get friendzoned or guys are too chickenshit to ask them out.

Il Palazzo's eyes
OH GOD THEY'RE STARING STRAIGHT INTO MY SOUL

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 15, 2010, 01:51:15 pm »

It's like the Mona Lisa. No matter where you go those piercing, staring eyes follow you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 15, 2010, 01:57:56 pm »

It's weird.

I have no spirit left in me for the real world BUT THE FICTIONAL ONE IS FULL OF ITT
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 987