Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1592979 times)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate all movies because I don't like some of them. Movies aren't art.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you serious what.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you serious what.

He said he didn't like manga. I just decided to point out how rediculous that statement is by replacing it with another art form.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Yep, if I was bias about one thing it would be about bias people.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

Are you serious what.

He said he didn't like manga. I just decided to point out how rediculous that statement is by replacing it with another art form.

do you enjoy abstract expressionism? what about russian constructivism? or even suprematism? it's legitimate to hate an art style, particularly when it's ugly

this isnt the place to discuss this stuff, i stated i hated manga because it was pertinent, first because it was a curious coincidence that somebody related my appearance to something i hate, and i have my reasons, wich are perfectly good reasons, and second because i felt it was necessary to state that i wasnt activelly trying to look like a manga character, as so many callow teenagers in this decade do

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Russian constructivism is a very specific thing.

Manga is an entire genre of literature. But I'm not going to debate this with someone so close-minded. Also, I've never met a single teenager (in real life or on this "internet" thing) who wants to look like an anime character aside from cosplayers.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

Manga is an entire genre of literature.

it is ugly.

russian constructivism is an entire genre of art. it isn't narrower than *manga*, just less widespread and pertinent in the contemporary culture. there is constructivist literature. is there manga architecture?

this isnt the place to discuss this stuff, i stated i hated manga because it was pertinent, first because it was a curious coincidence that somebody related my appearance to something i hate, and i have my reasons, wich are perfectly good reasons, and second because i felt it was necessary to state that i wasnt activelly trying to look like a manga character, as so many callow teenagers in this decade do

i don't mean to start a war, and i am entitled to my own tastes, i'd thank you if you shut the hell up

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea why you are being so hostile and rude, but if you really want me to "Shut the hell up", then I will stop talking about the issue. It just seems peculiar that you would be so completely obstinant towards an entire art form because you think it is "ugly", even though there are thousands of different artists and styles.

And yes, there is manga architecture, but you probably don't care.

Anyways, on to another topic. I guess we will just wait for someone to post another picture of themselves..

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile

What have I started :(

Chill, guys!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

And yes, there is manga architecture, but you probably don't care.
nope, i'll just note it down so i don't use that argument again, but i'm not looking it up or anything... but i bet what you think is manga architecture is actually manga inspired architecture

and i'm sorry if i was rude, but i was offended by your comments

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange

do you enjoy abstract expressionism? what about russian constructivism? or even suprematism? it's legitimate to hate an art style, particularly when it's ugly

BUT YOU DO.

The difference between someone trying to look like an anime and someone who does is only the thought in the person's head.

I like how you not only attacked the entirety of the Japanese culture,
 but then went on to extend that to "callow teenagers" who can enjoy that media.

Manga and anime are the words for 'comic book' and 'cartoon' in Japan.
That pretty much means that by "I don't like anime" you mean "I don't like any cartoon made by a Japanese person."

Please refrain from attacking things that people enjoy, or there will be a war.
I can see how Askot feels, and why he retaliated. (perhaps a little too roughly)

EDIT:

Sorry, I shouldn't have done this in such a holy thread.
Feel free to criticize my post.

However in the hopes that this will blow over, this is me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There is no eye makeup or anything, just heavily applied paint.net filters.

EDIT: Oops, I've posted this one before,
 but this time it's lower resolution so you can actually see it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:18:57 pm by Outcast Orange »
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile

All of those things are pretty great and you don't know what you're talking about
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

I didn't attacked anything, I merely stated that, despite looking like a manga character, i hated manga. i didn't say it was bad or that everyone that liked it was stupid or a callow teenager, i just said that *I* disliked it a lot. I think I am allowed, am I not?. When I mentioned callow teenagers I was saying that there are a lot of callow teenagers that try to emulate the look of manga characters and that I wasnt one of those, I wasnt impying that every person that enjoys manga is a callow teenager, and when I said that I was already pissed for being the target of offensive sarcasm and being called close minded, so i think you can understand that i had no intention of being nice and respectful.

All of those things are pretty great and you don't know what you're talking about
what?

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange

Okay, sorry to have reacted so harshly.

You don't look like an anime character, only sort of.
I will admit that you bring a few characters to mind,
 but that is only because I've seen that haircut somewhere else first.
I think your GF is pretty. She was right BTW.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile

I, for one, would have decided not to apologize for your overreaction and general hate-mongering.

Also, what exactly is wrong with Constructivism?

EDIT: Do you actually know what it is, or did somebody tell you that the Soviets liked it so you decided it was bad?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 987