Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1590451 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Be good in my absence now!
« Reply #4830 on: April 24, 2012, 08:48:36 pm »

That's because it does.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: April 25, 2012, 03:48:39 am »

The beginning of Pandar's sig seems especially fitting here.

My advice is to have a profile picture involving multiple top hats.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: April 27, 2012, 01:07:31 pm »

Well, upon noticing this thread I realized I've been coming here more and more often to see what everyone's been up to and to get away from everything for a bit. So you get to see a two year old picture of me from back when I was in high school. Aren't you all lucky. You're more than lucky. In fact, you're blessed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: I've been shorn since. The wool went to cancer patients though, so it's certainly helping the needy in my stead.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: April 27, 2012, 01:32:40 pm »

And thus, I can still imagine you as a content lion tapping away at a giant, lion-paw sized keyboard.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: April 27, 2012, 01:41:51 pm »

Yeah, but they don't make lion sized smartphones. My damn nubby digits always mash the same keys and when I try and hit backspace I actually send :(

Funny part is that's actually what happens to my father. All texts from him should be interpreted as "call me" because there's no chance of deriving an actual message from it.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: April 28, 2012, 03:20:18 am »

Digging through some photos from the last 2 years... me pre big ass beard being all athletic and shit:

This is a blank sig.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: April 28, 2012, 05:23:40 am »

Digging through some photos from the last 2 years... me pre big ass beard being all athletic and shit:

More failed donkey ears???

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: April 28, 2012, 06:19:49 am »

More failed donkey ears???
I'm guessing a failed high-five in the process of becoming a painful facepalm.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: April 28, 2012, 09:45:35 am »

I did do a pretty good job. ^_^

...I should update that sometime.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:10 am »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: April 28, 2012, 01:20:43 pm »

You never told us you transcended to a higher plane of existence. How long were you planning to keep that a secret?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: April 28, 2012, 02:16:10 pm »

Yeah, but they don't make lion sized smartphones. My damn nubby digits always mash the same keys and when I try and hit backspace I actually send :(

I was so happy a couple months ago to get a plain flip phone without a keyboard or cluttered interface.  Sometimes I feel like the only person on the planet under the age of 50 who isn't interested in using a phone for anything but making phone calls.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: April 28, 2012, 05:24:41 pm »

I was so happy a couple months ago to get a plain flip phone without a keyboard or cluttered interface.  Sometimes I feel like the only person on the planet under the age of 50 who isn't interested in using a phone for anything but making phone calls.

You aren't alone. I don't answer texts with more text unless I have to. If someone wants to talk to me or tell me something I want them to just say it to me.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: April 28, 2012, 06:27:08 pm »

I'm not even partial to speaking over the phone.  In fact, I really hate phone conversations and tend to avoid them if at all possible.

I just don't understand the appeal of smart phones.  Yeah, the diversity of the functions they perform prevents you from having to buy a larger number of more specialized devices, but it actually costs more in the long run to subscribe to a monthly cell phone plan with all the bells and whistles.  They also don't do anything well, including making calls.  So it may seem convenient to be able to carry all this functionality in your pocket, but after you factor in how bad that functionality actually is, I think it's actually more convenient to carry 2 or 3 devices that perform their functions well.

For phone calls:  I'd much rather have a phone that flips open so I can carry it in my pocket with my keys and actual buttons that don't activate at the slightest touch and are big enough for my fingers. 

For computing:  A tablet or netbook with an actual keyboard, a convenient-sized screen, and extensibility through peripherals and actual software instead of cutesy "apps".

For visual media:  Once again, a tablet or netbook for better media management, real storage options, and a suitable screen size.

For audio media:  An mp3 player that can be even smaller and less fragile than a phone with better media management, sound quality, and storage options.

It's a pet peeve of mine, because smart phones and Apple's product designs have led the entire mobile market in what I find to be a seriously idiotic direction... idiotic for the consumers, anyway.  I know those businesses are profiting like crazy.  Almost nobody actually makes mp3 players anymore, let alone ones with good storage options, and tablets all try to imitate Apple's high-gloss/low-functionality designs when they could be so much more.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4844 on: April 28, 2012, 06:43:34 pm »

The following pictures are old and from Halloween last year:

I'm a Gothic White Rabbit :D ....stop judging me.

Took these before I went clubbing with friends. Very disappointed they didn't have any camera to take pictures. Will resolve to bring a camera or phone with good camera this year...and to go as something hyper manly to balance the scales.

t actually costs more in the long run to subscribe to a monthly cell phone plan with all the bells and whistles. 

I wait until someone with a "super cool smart phone"'s contract waits out (usually my mother or father to be honest). Then I buy their phone of them for a silly low price (or get it for free if it's my mother) and put a pay as you go card in it.

Sure it puts me a year behind, but it's also cheap :)

Though I do use my phone as an MP3 player. I had an iPod but every iPod I've ever owned has had the exact same problem with the hard disk dying.

So I've given up on iPods, but their just aren't any other mp3 players with >60GB storage space. And I had a lot of music, and would expect a dedicated music player to hold it all whilst I can forgive a phone for not being able to take all my music xD

As for tablets: I don't get them. What is their use case? What do they do better than a netbook? Or a netbook with a touch screen could do?

Personally I think instead of Tablets they should be making Netbooks which have "swivel lids" and touch screen monitors that you can turn around to act as a Tablet if needed, but still use as a Netbook. The superior choice.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:47:08 pm by MorleyDev »
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 987