Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Post Your Most Grisly Fight Experiences  (Read 4848 times)

Banano

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Post Your Most Grisly Fight Experiences
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:41:32 pm »

The big yellow part means nothing; but the hitting an object and blowing apart is ridiculous.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Post Your Most Grisly Fight Experiences
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 09:20:19 pm »

I grabbed a demon by the finger once.
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:07:01 pm »

Not... overly grisly, but I really loved my great swordsman killing most of the wolves, then being knocked backwards by one, into a murky pool, without having trained any swimming.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 10:48:03 pm »

Anything involving a lash often ends extremely violently since it just gashes and gores everyone without killing them outright. After a fight I'll usually look around to see that only one or two of the 10 people attacking me are dead, the others are just trying desperately to drag themselves away with mangled organs and severed limbs.

The one instance that sticks out to me is a Particularly hard ass Priest who kept attacking me with his bare hands and getting brutally counter attacked. He'd come, fight, pass out and then charge me again as soon as he woke up. He never died, just got too injured to stay conscious but by that time he'd lost a hand, a foot, a leg from the knee down, had 2 arrows embedded in him and had several broken bones, joints and organs. Guy looked more like he had gotten hit by a car then a whip. I came back later to check on him and he promptly charged me and even managed to grab and break my arm before I punched him so hard it broke his neck.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:12:53 am »

Not so much a fight, as a prolonged sequence.

See, I was wandering around an old fort of mine, looking for a new hat, and some creatures to kill. Then a GCS started chewing on my companions somewhere nearby, in the dark. I eventually find and kill a named GCS, then find another one shortly after. Then stumble around some more, and find another, unnamed one. And another. Then two at once, accompanied by ratmen and naked mole dogs. Blood and ichor and limbs everywhere.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 12:37:05 am »

I loved my elfs/shields. One of them got hurt in a goblin tower and kept passing out. I took the liberty of ending his life instead of watching him suffer. The resulting battle with what I thought were my teamates was epic. It invilved me fleeing off the edge of the tower (press b to jump!) and being persued by them just for kicks. Eventually taking a spear in the back after limbs were exchanged.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 02:04:50 pm »

i have hit my foes so hard that they get muti mangled body parts from hitting walls.

muti civ fights are Grisly as you hear the fighting and wonder if any of them are on your side.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 06:27:14 pm »

Having had one shoulder and the opposing wrist broken, my dwarf commenced fighting harpies with his teeth.  Among other things, he ripped out an eye and somehow bit the harpy hard enough to pierce her heart.

Banano

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 09:59:48 pm »

Here's another one I got.

And the infamous Worm-Shot.

http://www.cubeupload.com/files/e96000wormofdeath.jpg

AnotherDwarvernDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 08:41:29 pm »

Using [SPEED:1], I was playing as a dwarf hammerer. I saw a elf master swordsman. So, I ran up to him, and greeted him by smashing him with my hammer. He was one tile away from a tree, so by the time he hit the tree, I was already next to him again. I hit him again twice, and on the second time, he flew into the tree again. This time, while he was in the air, I moved on top of him, ending up standing above his bleeding body. Then I pummeled him into a pulp from above. I like this game. :)

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 12:14:51 am »

Well, I attacked an elven retreat, with the aim of killing the druid by way of elimination; if I couldn't find him among the other pointy-eared sods, I'd kill them ALL until I'd taken him down.

A while into it, my companions got attacked out of view, as usual. The human swordsman stabbed an elven child in the hand with his scimitar, and spent a few rounds twisting it to and fro.
I mercy-killed the poor thing with my hammer.
Batting it many tiles into a wall where it exploded in a cloud of limbs and clothing.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 03:20:50 am »

OH THE HUMANITY!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 11:28:12 pm »

I stabbed a demon in the eye with a dagger and it stuck. and then I proceeded to turn his head into a brain smoothie. With a healthy side of !!Goblin Child!!.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 02:15:39 am »

OH THE DWARFITY!
fixed
maybe he wanted the "Pull my finger then i will fart joke"

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 03:26:27 am »

OH THE DWARFITY!
fixed
maybe he wanted the "Pull my finger then i will fart joke"

way to explain the gag.
...and how did you think they shoot fireballs?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: [1] 2