Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Just some group of people, out to make a name for themselves in the world...  (Read 11996 times)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

try a single kobold/goblin.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only time you see a single kobold/goblin is when the single kobold/goblin is acting as bait for a trap.

Still, I think it might be worth investigating. If it's a level 274 monster that we cannot run from this early in the game, the GM would have shown signs of hating us already.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

level 274? that's got to be like, god/cthulhu.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I ought to specialize in psychology.. my companions babble gibberish and wave their hands around all day ??? ))

Day three. We still need provisions: Tools, weapons, maybe armor. Its time to make some money.
Dyjeccu looks for paid work first today, but stays ready to act should he find a situation where someone is in trouble.
His goal will be to improve at whatever he does.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i head out southwest. see what's there.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

RAM being offline, do you want to proceed without his approval?
Dyjeccu, however, IS online, so the town-group will proceed with day 3 if he wants to post an action.

Also, Me? A DM? I am honoured at the thought of being able to actually run a game, in the opinion of others!

(Also, it is so nice to be running this freely, rather than strictly turn-based like a RTD. Eventually, I will have to start maintaining general stats, but just writing what happens, no dice(though a few visits to random.org for research probabilities) is amazingly simple compared to a few other games I have tried to run)

(2 new posts)

Ah, I can start a turn for the town-group!
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 3, in town...

Ranar inquires, and learns that they are constructing a smithy, as one of the villagers who recently arrived had some small past experience, and the town generally agreed that it would be nice to produce some of their own objects rather than relying exclusively on imports for larger towns. They are quite happy of the extra help, so he spends the day hauling in more wood. They are ready to begin construction.
He is too busy to give more than a few passing thoughts to magic(1/5th normal discovery chance: 0.3%. 8.4: close, but not close enough. +0.1% tomorrow)(The 15th is a temporary multiplier, so next turn it will be a full 1.6% * whatever multipliers apply)

Dyjeccu also joins in the construction, helping fell trees. He gets one coupon for a free skill advancement in that area once I figure out a skill system for it.

They both get paid same as Ranar was yesterday.
Eh?
Eh!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will try to fashion some wooden clubs and bracers then scout to the southwest.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 3, the rest of them

RAM, Schaudy, and Frederick spend a while preparing, and then leave to explore southwest. Due to the limited supplies and time, they just grabbed club-like bits of wood. The butterfly gets there first, and it appears to be an abandoned campsite, although whoever made it took everything with them. By the remains of the fire, they probably left only a few days previously.

However, there is now a new occupant: A lone wolf. It looks old and weak, but probably still can fight fiercely. It was likely left behind when it's pack moved on.
What do you do?
(Sorry, town group, but it might take a while)
Eh?
Eh!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If the wolf looks hungry, we should catch it a rabbit or something. Maybe it will go away if we feed it.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, that sounds good. maybe it will even be friends with us.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye, tame the sick puppy!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whenever my next turn is I will try to find some more work, Building is not to bad but if something else comes along I may want it.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i believe we have determined to feed the wolf.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 3, non-town, part two:

They spend a while befriending the old wolf, and it happily follows them back.

+companion: wolf. It is not intellegent to be a player, and it isn't nearly as powerful as it once was, but those *can* be changed, with effort, or you could keep it as it is. Whatever you want.

Casual magic research rolls:
Frederick:
8% chance. 78. Failed. +0.5%
RAM:
2% chance. 27. Failed. +0.5%
Schaudy:
2% chance. 3. Barely failed. Bonus +5%! +0.5%
Frederick and RAM continue to have very little success at learning something, but for a while, Schaudy seems to be on to something! It doesn't work out in the end, but some of it seems like the right direction to try.

(This is still for just knowing some basic something about it, something useable. Basically, your characters are trying to access magic in general, and are slowly working towards the point where they can vaguely access megic. After that, options become more diverse.)

Also, remember that a player with actual knowledge may assist another in learning something, so once one of you gets lucky, they could help the others.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11