Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995369 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14400 on: August 07, 2017, 04:03:23 pm »

Genned a world for testing after doing some modding work.
First adventurer, went to the dungeon beneath a nearby town, and already I get an awesome new piercing.

This is off to a good start.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14401 on: August 07, 2017, 04:09:09 pm »

First adventurer, went to the dungeon beneath a nearby town, and already I get an awesome new piercing.

Just leave it there. Life is better when a bolt is sticking out of your head.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14402 on: August 07, 2017, 04:16:06 pm »

I love collecting piercings. My record is 13, the trophy being a divine metal blade through my lung.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14403 on: August 07, 2017, 05:09:33 pm »

I love collecting piercings. My record is 13, the trophy being a divine metal blade through my lung.

Ouch and yay at the same time.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14404 on: August 07, 2017, 05:27:57 pm »

I would have loved to go on collecting more exotic piercings, but I made the wrong decision of fighting a big spider at the start of the journey.

Needless to say I got webbed and chewed on for a while before it just finished me off.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14405 on: August 07, 2017, 05:45:59 pm »

I would have loved to go on collecting more exotic piercings, but I made the wrong decision of fighting a big spider at the start of the journey.

Needless to say I got webbed and chewed on for a while before it just finished me off.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo  :'(

RIP head veil.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14406 on: August 07, 2017, 06:20:34 pm »

The copper spear Bim started with, which has served him well, is 3r. Too heavy, so he retires it to The Purple Gloom, the dungeon below Rayguard's keep, The Citadel of Swallows. Here he makes the upgrade to iron. Bim keeps to the ranger/skirmisher's tool set: scimitar weighs 2r; large knife weighs 1r; javelin weighs 1r.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is 4r for 3 melee weapons. Aside from the weight of arrows, Bim's trying to keep everything as light as possible. He does have a steel pick hidden away in one of his backpacks, but it's just for mining rock, a tool more than a weapon in the RP sense. Both the scimitar and the javelin are unique in that they each have engraved images:
Much more interesting in a GoT meets DF pre-artifact arc way than items possessing only varying degree of quality.

Later in conversation with The Purple Gloom's ruler, Chieftess Nac Riftcrewed, Bim learns more about a mole demon, known only by image while sifting through the treasures of Chancehail.
Vashzud Climaxgods the Certainty of Clashes resides in dark fortress Lengthevils.
Bim had been directed to Lengthevils on account of its tavern. But like vampire law-giver Ado Grottohugs, the only reason to go is for an uneventful chat that perhaps might morph into a "fated" encounter. I haven't had any character battle a demon since 34.11, when they were found presiding over keeps with courtyards containing only the most vicious of books. Despite the fizzling allure of combat with a grandmaster level opponent (IMO there is no true difference between a lvl1 or a lvl14, only special attacks are of deadly interest), Vashzud stays home and doesn't seem to bother anyone. Were it out and about like a night troll, surely there'd be a reason to place an arrow or a dagger point into its head. But who knows what the future holds for this world's Bim?

The Purple Gloom leads to the sprawl of Rayguard's sewer system and the death of its overlord, Jepum Fordstart the amphibian man, by medium distance (15 tile) iron arrow. Once Bim makes his exit to the surface and fresh air, he burns his old XclothesX. Next stage would have been XXtattersXX. The good thing about Rayguard's sewer system is, unlike Chancehail, its floor grates aren't made out of frozen herbal tea (which this mod has listed as an inorganic material; you can't define food and drink any other way).

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14407 on: August 07, 2017, 09:22:28 pm »

it punched off my arm
There's some wonky physics involved here. Punches do blunt damage, so this can't normally happen. However, if you get punched by something much bigger than you, the force twists limbs and joints. Twisting is edged damage, which CAN sever limbs. It is entirely possible to get punched in the finger so hard your hand flies off.
throwback to some pages ago on this thread where i chronicled gelding a man by punching him from behind
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Murderkill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14408 on: August 07, 2017, 10:01:15 pm »

Poor, poor Ases Melon. Contrary to popular belief, his butt was not a pair of watermelons.

I robbed his grave a while ago and I've been carrying it ever since.
He's a good listener.
I name all my adventurers Daven.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14409 on: August 07, 2017, 10:17:51 pm »

Ace Attorney music helps a lot when exploring the catacombs of a city because something might jump out at you and fight you and thats kinda scary for me
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14410 on: August 08, 2017, 03:52:36 am »

I've done this before: made two separate camps diametrically opposite of the same region in order to separate companions for the full moon. Rather, the time that should be spent on completing my workshop/bunker I'm spending on making an express rail from corner-to-corner. 4 days left until Timber 8, and so far I've got both ends crossing over the Inn and Depot. I've spent blistered metal bars on 3 windmills to power 4 rollers.

it punched off my arm
There's some wonky physics involved here. Punches do blunt damage, so this can't normally happen. However, if you get punched by something much bigger than you, the force twists limbs and joints. Twisting is edged damage, which CAN sever limbs. It is entirely possible to get punched in the finger so hard your hand flies off.
I just got an illustration of this from a cart collision; the impact was deflected by steel greaves, but it sheared a divine high boot and its contents right off. I shall suffer this injury for the rest of my week!

What do you do with your own severed body parts?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: August 09, 2017, 06:04:39 am »

Why am I envisioning Harry Potter, only less magic and more epic?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:06:27 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: August 09, 2017, 08:50:26 am »

Poor, poor Ases Melon. Contrary to popular belief, his butt was not a pair of watermelons.

I robbed his grave a while ago and I've been carrying it ever since.
He's a good listener.

That's pretty grim, you know that?

Zoobastix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: August 09, 2017, 01:40:30 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:51:02 pm by Zoobastix »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14414 on: August 09, 2017, 06:38:47 pm »

So there's why so many vaults have Murderous Angels:

The bastard sponsored 5 out of 9 demon lords and sent crappy angels with crappy weapons. Definitely not using this history seed again.
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1103