Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you prefer the new stone layer symbols?

Yay!
- 37 (75.5%)
Nay!
- 12 (24.5%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Phoebus' Graphic Set v1.7.3.1 for DF v0.31.03 (Old version)  (Read 195754 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebus' Graphic Set v1.0 for DF 2010
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 01:46:15 pm »

Ok, I think the unit graphics are causing some problems. Disabling/removing them should resolve most problems.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 01:50:55 pm »

I think the best bet for now with regards to any graphics packages is to do a clean world-gen with vanilla, then go and add the graphics post-gen. At least until the kinks are worked out.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Undefined

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 02:22:14 pm »

Just a quick note to let you know I've had no problems using the pre-packaged download other than bugs with the binary so you know it's not a universal issue. Nice work.

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 02:32:08 pm »

I think the best bet for now with regards to any graphics packages is to do a clean world-gen with vanilla, then go and add the graphics post-gen. At least until the kinks are worked out.
You may be right. It is why save with injected Phoebus' set worked for me.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 02:38:20 pm »

can we get some in-game screenshots please?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebus' Graphic Set v1.2 for DF 2010
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 03:25:44 pm »

can we get some in-game screenshots please?
I've added some screenshots to the first post.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 05:38:02 pm »

The problem I am having with other graphics sets is that medical units and military dwarves look very weird. All doctors seem to look like dwarf remains and military units all use the mason tile for some reason.

What I ask is, are there tiles for medical dwares as well as the new champion/military system?

FatedTemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 07:12:59 pm »

Does the game blurs perfect conversions like 16x16 -> 32x32 or does it upscales every pixel to an exact 2x2 pixel?
When I tried it I was using a 64x64 or 128x128 px per tile Tileset with 16x16 px graphics so it just stretched them twice or four times the size. I didn't do much  testing, just seeing that it worked really. Sorry I can't be of more help but you can try it yourself with d#19 anyway.

All doctors seem to look like dwarf remains and military units all use the mason tile for some reason.
Some tilesets use a dead dwarf as the standard tile so it is replaced by the job graphics normally and when a dwarf dies it reverts to this. With the new jobs not having a tile yet the game is just using that standard graphic as expected.

Incidentally I don't like this practice as in adventure mode creatures out of LOS but that you know are there use the same standard image, so walking around town it would look like a lot of corpses (or sleeping drunks maybe), this is why I use a generic looking dwarf for the standard in my set.

If you want a quick fix; open up your dwarf graphics text file, copy a line for, let's say an administrator, and change the job name to whatever new job you need added. It won't be a new individual tile but at least they won't look like they're crawling about on the floor.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 07:28:19 pm »

Does the game blurs perfect conversions like 16x16 -> 32x32 or does it upscales every pixel to an exact 2x2 pixel?
When I tried it I was using a 64x64 or 128x128 px per tile Tileset with 16x16 px graphics so it just stretched them twice or four times the size. I didn't do much  testing, just seeing that it worked really. Sorry I can't be of more help but you can try it yourself with d#19 anyway.
Thanks for the help. :)

All doctors seem to look like dwarf remains and military units all use the mason tile for some reason.
Some tilesets use a dead dwarf as the standard tile so it is replaced by the job graphics normally and when a dwarf dies it reverts to this. With the new jobs not having a tile yet the game is just using that standard graphic as expected.

Incidentally I don't like this practice as in adventure mode creatures out of LOS but that you know are there use the same standard image, so walking around town it would look like a lot of corpses (or sleeping drunks maybe), this is why I use a generic looking dwarf for the standard in my set.

If you want a quick fix; open up your dwarf graphics text file, copy a line for, let's say an administrator, and change the job name to whatever new job you need added. It won't be a new individual tile but at least they won't look like they're crawling about on the floor.
Ok, I get it, I really need to replace the smily faces with live dwarves.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebus' Graphic Set v1.2.1 for DF 2010
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 09:15:20 pm »

Ok, I get it, I really need to replace the smily faces with live dwarves.
[/quote]

It is actually more of a purple skeleton. But as far as the army that looks like masons, I have no idea.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Phoebus' Graphic Set v1.3 for DF 2010 (now with Medics)
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 06:47:05 am »

*Updated* v1.3
Added medics to the Unit Graphic Pack.

New medical dwarves screenshot:

Surgeon. Diagnoser. Bone Setter. Suturer. (all zoomed x4)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebus' Graphic Set v1.3 for DF 2010 (now with Medics)
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:18 am »

*Updated* v1.3.1
Added a ground texture to the soil and wall tiles. (Medic mugshots included.)

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 09:16:33 am »

That surgeon scares me...

Urist McSurgeon: "What? You stubbed your toe? AMPUTATE!"
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 09:29:20 am »

Does the Unit Graphic pack only have graphics for the units? Also I'm kinda confused about the Core pack. Does it have everything but the Unit Graphics? And does the Unit Graphic pack have the core pack?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 09:35:57 am »

Graphic Packs only has unit graphics.
They must installed into each of your savegames. (DF2010 has problems with graphic packs at the moment.)

Core Pack is only the tileset and the raws.

Pre-Installed Pack is a full install of DF2010 with the Core Pack pre-installed.

The OP has been clarified.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:37:39 am by Phoebus »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20