Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218689 times)

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

Not really sure which tile you mean... :D

Two-tone doors based on material foreground and background colours?

(Claystone / Microcline / Cobaltite / Orthoclase)

Hmm, come to think of it, basically everything could use this method...

:)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:04:44 am by WormSlayer »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

I just realized that WormSlayer's Avatar is the sexiest thing EVER
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really sure which tile you mean... :D

Two-tone doors based on material foreground and background colours?

(Claystone / Microcline / Cobaltite / Orthoclase)

Hmm, come to think of it, basically everything could use this method...

The bottom tile in the left shop, the middle tile in the middle two. I think it's some sort of equipment pile?

Pretty doors, too ^_^. Doors are one of the things that really moved me away from a pure tileset to begin with, because most of them looked ugly in the middle of smoothed walls; only liked the ones with no bgcolor...

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I LOVE THAT LAST DOOR. The orthoclase one.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow, if you can two tone the doors to make them match the background colour, could you make the backgrounds on the dwarves and such dynamically match the ground to satiate the people who find that annoying? Personally I don't mind it at all but some seem to :)

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

The bottom tile in the left shop, the middle tile in the middle two. I think it's some sort of equipment pile?

Yeah thats exactly what it is; the generic "clothing and equipment-like stuff" tile. As we replace more and more tiles it is starting to look a little out of place!

After consulting the wiki, the "]" tile may actually not be anything to do with clothing... Maybe it's supposed to be a work bench or something?

91 [ Clothing, armor, item stack opening tag, text
93 ] Floor tile in workshops and furnaces, item stack closing tag, text, clothing?, armor?

wow, if you can two tone the doors to make them match the background colour, could you make the backgrounds on the dwarves and such dynamically match the ground to satiate the people who find that annoying? Personally I don't mind it at all but some seem to :)

Thats more tricky, and down to the somewhat gimped way DF draws tiles on screen. Not dynamically, no. But yeah I'm one of the people bugging Ironhand to tweak the backgrounds so it's less obvious :)

Was just wondering if anyone knew this:
  With every graphics pack I have used so far, metal doors always look metal-like until you actually place them, then they look like the regular stone doors. Whats up with that?

I've spent ages trying to figure this out... I'm guessing its a bug?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:31:36 pm by WormSlayer »

Harmonica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I LOVE THAT LAST DOOR. The orthoclase one.

This, a million times. ORTHOCLASE, IT IS THE FUTURE.

No cobaltite doors for me though unless I mod the mineral colours, yuck :(

edit: here's a question, does anyone else like me prefer to avoid making forts out of things like chalk or talc because of the ridiculousness of thinking anyone would want to live in a chalk fortress, or that it would be at all defensible? I just will not build fortifications or doors out of silly materials!

*looks up orthoclase*

GOOD, igneous rocks.

Was just wondering if anyone knew this:
  With every graphics pack I have used so far, metal doors always look metal-like until you actually place them, then they look like the regular stone doors. Whats up with that?

I've spent ages trying to figure this out... I'm guessing its a bug?

I remember trying to track that down. Not sure if I figured it out.

But you know that Dwarfletter set I posted about? I think he had fully working metal doors, and tiles for both.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:04:03 am by Harmonica »

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

I did have a little play with the material colours for cobaltite, but setting the background to anything other than black makes it look almost identical to microcline :F

I also try to build things from appropriately realistic materials when I can. I suspect this habit will pay off in the future when gobbo's start trying to dig tunnels into your fort?

I will install that tileset and see if I can figure out why his doors work and ours dont!

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also try to use rational material when I build/make stuff. Who wants a chalk or limestone floodgate? They would just melt.
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm ... stone doors use the metal door tile for construction markers; do metal doors use the stone door tile until they're placed? I've never actually built a metal door ^_^.

ETA: Re building materials; two fortresses ago I built everything out of rock salt because I had a really stupid large amount of it. I actually built an extrior rock salt wall with rock salt statues on it. Then I looked up rock salt and wondered how that worked in the rain. (Crystal salt statues would work in a nice dry place, I think.)

My current site contains vast amounts of granite, diorite, and dacite (i think). Looking up the latter two, diorite is superhard and was used for paving, and dacite looks like the rocks they put around the pond here, so I'm probably good for structure there :) (Plus I strip-mined a big funnel over the entrance to my site, so I've got 99+ of all of them now)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:24:25 pm by Star Weaver »

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also try to use rational material when I build/make stuff. Who wants a chalk or limestone floodgate? They would just melt.

You're probably imagining chalk like blackboard chalk, which is processed. Chalk the mineral is just as sturdy as limestone or sandstone, and was used to construct thinks such as medieval churches and such, just as sandstone and limestone was.

Old Churches, old train stations... etc etc in england, you will find made of chalk.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

The road between my surface entrance and the gate in my outer wall is now lined with the skulls of my enemies!

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A gift for a job well done.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile

The road between my surface entrance and the gate in my outer wall is now lined with the skulls of my enemies!

How did you do that?

I feel jealous.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

goge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can either dump them and then remove the zone keeping them forbidden or create 1 tile stockpiles only excepting totems. :)  they get stolen by kobos >:|
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 329