Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1217435 times)

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (little break)
« Reply #2640 on: September 02, 2010, 09:55:07 am »

This is an absolutely fantastic set, I love it! I've used a bit of sets (Mayday, Goldplated, Phobeus) but this one is clearly my favourite. Easy to read, nice on the eyes and very beautiful. My only gripe is the sharp corners on walls (see Phoebus corners) and smoothed walls. Smoothed walls look a bit "boring" compared to for instance Gold Plateds walls which are fantastic.

Those are my only real gripes with this set. Absolutely stunning work! You're in as my new standard set. Thanks Ironhand! (and others)

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: September 02, 2010, 10:04:38 am »

Glad to hear it!

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: September 02, 2010, 02:46:17 pm »

I've only just now gotten the DF build, so it's nowhere near done yet, but..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

BlackRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: September 02, 2010, 02:50:38 pm »

OOOHHH, SHINY!

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: September 02, 2010, 02:53:02 pm »

[removed by poster: reason - not member of inner circle, i assume, nobody wanted to talk]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:38:03 pm by McBeer »
fun is for rich men, i assume.
----------
My axe is sharp and my beard is strong.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: September 02, 2010, 02:56:07 pm »

I also see that proper ASCII-supporting fonts must be chosen, or else the accented symbols will not appear.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LordAelfric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: September 02, 2010, 03:02:06 pm »

This looks pretty sweet Baughn! Can't wait to see more!

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #2647 on: September 02, 2010, 04:28:28 pm »

Looking pretty sweet Baughn :D

Your complaining in the wrong place McBeer - Thats all down to Toady, not us....

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: September 02, 2010, 04:33:43 pm »

Right, the CP437 is converted to unicode internally; you just need a unicode font that covers the CP437 letters, and it should work.

The android one I picked doesn't, obviously, but it'll suffice for development. :P

Spoilered is a list of the exact letters required, if you want to get a jump on it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:35:29 pm by Baughn »
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: September 02, 2010, 04:36:49 pm »

[removed by poster: reason - not member of inner circle, i assume, nobody wanted to talk]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:38:12 pm by McBeer »
----------

Randomtask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: September 02, 2010, 10:19:31 pm »

Your complaining in the wrong place McBeer - Thats all down to Toady, not us....

i am not complaining("complaining"<-usual word used for make someone lesser and ridiculous - i'd like to use words: conscious user observation here). I am not 9 y.o. Tibia player, you know.

Thats all down to Toady, not us
i can agree, but try to realize my pain - you are the boss here, i am too small to discuss with GOD.
And what's important - you are aware what i am talking about, if you have access to newest betas.
look, i am not lamer. i know who is able to tell our prayers to the ONLY God.
Now - i am certain, that you know what i am talking about - this moment of breaking 80x60 MUST come at some time. Maybe it IS the time(again - look at trade screen, it is obvious, right?).
We are FAR above 80x60 now, and whole thing is still restricted to that, let's be honest here.

Now, risky part - God is a man that earns gigantic amounts of money, skipping hard coding GUI matter for YEARS.
Please, do not ban me for that.
I am conscious user - and it is clear for me. He is closer to make human fields fun more, than GUI remake.
Maybe it is time to ask, what is more important?
80x60 and 3/4 of screen empty at feeble 1680x1050(like on your sshot)? please.

I'd give away my last money for food to God, if only GUI was modernized, rich kids may have different POV here(which killed whole thousands of good projects already, you should know that).
You know, some of you may think i am asking for weird things, for me, these are obvious questions and concerns..

McBeer cancels writing - off for beer search. g'night.

Sorry Ironhand for writing my post there, i hope you understand.

Dwarf Fortress is coded by one man, who does it full-time, on his own, via donations.

And he's doing a pretty damn good job of it, too.

Yes, he's working on implementing human fields rather than a pretty interface. You know what? That's fine by me. This game is, and always has been, about substance rather than style. I'd rather Toady focus on fleshing the game out, than appeasing the braying and neighing of end users constantly.

Also, you should probably stop calling him god. That's silly and rather offensive. Ironhand probably doesn't have any more connection to Toady than you or I. Furthermore, nobody is too tiny to discuss anything with him. There's an entire subsection or two, or three, dedicated to suggestions, bug reports, and the like. If your questions don't get answered, it's probably because the griping about interface is petty and ancient. There are mods, like mouse fortress, that add functionality to the game. Use them.

If you would rather play a game with a pretty interface, go load up The Sims, or something.

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: September 02, 2010, 10:26:32 pm »

Look man, i did not say i need PRETTY interface and telling me i should go play sims is offensive(tbh it is fugly, shallow game, imo).
I play ADOM since 0.7.x on Amiga 'till now and i do not need pret-ty games at all. I am gamer since 1984, btw.
I was talking about using whole screen for tables/lists and nothing more.
To prevent ANY attack on me like that i won't talk about ANYTHING related to lacks i can clearly see.
I do not need any mouse support(although mousefortress is interesting piece of soft, kbd is just FAR faster), nor pret-ty GUI, i just want to see more than 12 lines on trade screen, you know(and what's seem to be totally out-of-reach, WHOLE names too).
Sorry.
One more thing - i am not asslicker, i am free man with free will and my own observations.
We are on discussion forum, so i thought i can discuss here.

Furthermore, nobody is too tiny to discuss anything with him.
You just showed opposite POV in your post, but nvmd.

Ironhand probably doesn't have any more connection to Toady
Again, I was not talking about Ironhand at all. About Baughn, rather, yes.

Also, you should probably stop calling him god.
Typical hypocrisy. It is my free will what i name and how.
God is term for world maker, so where's problem for you then here?
Toady is world maker.

Let's skip further talk about my earlier post, i won't continue this. To ease your problem let me unsuscribe.
Thanks for discouraging me.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:03:44 pm by McBeer »
----------

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2652 on: September 03, 2010, 01:08:12 am »

Well, it is rather rude to put such matter into a thread it doesn't belong in, specifically when there's threads and topics in General discussion and the suggestions forum that are about these things.

Architect or demiurge would probly be a better term for Toady anyway...

Anyway, I can't wait for the new font implementation. It'll be a treat to have better spaced text in DF.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Randomtask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: September 03, 2010, 02:07:48 am »

Well, it is rather rude to put such matter into a thread it doesn't belong in, specifically when there's threads and topics in General discussion and the suggestions forum that are about these things.

Architect or demiurge would probly be a better term for Toady anyway...

Anyway, I can't wait for the new font implementation. It'll be a treat to have better spaced text in DF.

Agreed.
/discussion

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: September 03, 2010, 02:10:35 am »

Right, the CP437 is converted to unicode internally; you just need a unicode font that covers the CP437 letters, and it should work.

The android one I picked doesn't, obviously, but it'll suffice for development. :P

Spoilered is a list of the exact letters required, if you want to get a jump on it.

http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 329