Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218569 times)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (new sprites from NW_Kohaku!)
« Reply #4365 on: March 08, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »

I changed the stone pot to use the barrel tile and jug to use the bucket tile. Thanks for the tip. I haven't tested it ingame yet, but it should work.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: March 09, 2012, 03:26:24 am »

Ok, thanks.  Why would they look fine in the Phoebus tileset?

My guess is Phoebus changed them recently, or he just has the tile designed to look good with either.  Back when I found I could change some of the tiles around, I did some checking, the stone pot and traction bench used the same tile with just a normal ASCII set, and it was the same in Ironhand, Phoebus, and Mayday.

Oh, cool. I didn't know it was possible to reassign item tiles.
So I'll be doing a bit of that for the next version, and this'll all get fixed up.

Only some of them though, if they're assigned a tile in the raws.  The wiki lists everything. Everything in the item_tool.txt raw can be reassigned I think, but most of them look ok.  It's just the barrels and jugs that stick out like a sore thumb.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: March 09, 2012, 03:47:11 am »

I'd always wondered why pots looked like some sort of table in Ironhand.  Huh.  I just pretended it was a square vat in my mind, lol.

Just extending my thanks for this graphics pack, the only one I use, personally. :)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: March 09, 2012, 03:08:17 pm »

My food stockpiles look much nicer now. The stone pots look like grayish barrels instead of Traction benches

kgb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: March 10, 2012, 06:07:03 am »

Would you please put up an update package for 0.66 too?

.65 should work with DF 0.34.05.

Hm, I tried to use it with the linux version, but it always Segfaulted when generating a world. I then pulled the 0.66 files from your bundled version by diffing with the original and that worked. As my Arch Linux package depends on the update files directly, I would welcome it very much.

SnK-Arcbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: March 10, 2012, 04:49:32 pm »

I'm not sure if this has to do with iron hand, but I've noticed a few things which might go here. Children don't have dead bodies, the tiles are just black. When you build (b-j) a cage, instead of having the animal animations, you have the default ASCII letters for the animals/creatures (a minataur is a M). Also tetrahedrite is identical looking to Mica.

I hate even saying if something might be wrong (or if iron hand graphics are even responsible for some of these things), because I love your tileset, and it makes the game vastly easier to understand, especially when I was first learning the game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: March 10, 2012, 05:16:11 pm »

I've noticed lots of black spaces when true type is on. I suspect this is what you're seeing.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
  • BradUffner has begun a mysterious construction.
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #4372 on: March 10, 2012, 10:03:17 pm »

In the process of working on my new Raw viewing utility here, I found what looks like duplicate entries for "platypus", "platypus, giant", and  "platypus man" in graphics_critters.txt.  Just letting you know.
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

barcibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: March 11, 2012, 01:50:04 pm »

Regarding the black spaces using TrueType; it happens in Phoebus as well, and is exacerbated with repeated save -> continue cycles without quitting out of DF.

Fireborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: March 11, 2012, 02:07:23 pm »

So...  doors, again...

Is the tile busted for metal doors now?  It seems like it is, as they're showing up as bars, and I've checked back in 31.25 where they seemed to use the proper (or at least a) door tile...  but no one's posted it as a bug on the tracker...

Although, doing some research on the matter to see if I can change it, and doors using four different tiles, all hard coded, just... makes me want to yell...  especially now that they're (hopefully) glitched and looking like the raw material...

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: March 11, 2012, 04:35:23 pm »

If you can find metal doors in the raws, you might beable to change it. but I'd have no idea where to look, or if its even possible.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: March 12, 2012, 05:57:10 pm »

If you can find metal doors in the raws, you might beable to change it. but I'd have no idea where to look, or if its even possible.

No, it's not in the raws, it's hard-coded, meaning you can't change it.

You're stuck with bars looking exactly the same as metal doors, just as wood doors look exactly the same as specific types of walls.  Because they are hard-coded, it makes tilesets very difficult to make look good in all situations, and that's why Mike Mayday has been going around asking people to help him get some of those tiles to be put in the raws so that they are no longer hard-coded.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: March 12, 2012, 07:29:19 pm »

Here's to hoping Toady gets a "move it all to teh raws" kick soon, so we can designate what tile things use to fix that kind of thing. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: March 12, 2012, 07:36:05 pm »

Here's to hoping Toady gets a "move it all to teh raws" kick soon, so we can designate what tile things use to fix that kind of thing. :D

I seriously, seriously doubt it. 

Mayday has been trying for something like 4 years now, and all he's ever managed was to get the pillar tile to be something other than "O". 

Toady just doesn't have time for tilesets, and gives them as little consideration as possible.  I actually get the impression he begrudges people for even using graphics at all, considering what inordinate time he puts into doing things trying to make 16-color ASCII looking pretty.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #4379 on: March 12, 2012, 07:45:05 pm »

Mayday has been trying for something like 4 years now, and all he's ever managed was to get the pillar tile to be something other than "O".

That's a bit of an overstatement though. I've only talked about graphics in respective threads (full graphics support and recently those five icons that were bothering me the most). Toady would probably do that if I asked him directly- but I assume I'd feel bad after that (and maybe he would too?).
Happened once with the pillar tile- and soon after that Truetype came and made the problem obsolete.

Besides, I have high hopes for [PRINT MODE: SHADER] :)
<3
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 329