Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218567 times)

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (new dig-designations!)
« Reply #4485 on: April 30, 2012, 07:47:23 am »

I finally ended up using version .07. Please check if I did it correctly - Aklyon told the basics but like most of the good advices it leaves something to be thought by oneself.

- I downloaded Ironhand's graphics set using latest .07 version
- I transferred saves from .05 to .07 save folder
- I copied DF (.07)/Raw to DF (.07)/data/saves/region/raw ("updating" .05 raws to .07 raws)

I encountered FATAL ERROR: Missing Creature Body Definition: RCP_EYELIDS when loading my save

- from this topic (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106267.0) I learnt that I have to use old eyelids definition so added them to body_rcp.txt

- I was finally able to load my fortress, and it seems some colours have changed. Siltstone, brown, is now grey. It doesn't bother me but I hope there are no other errors more severe.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:00:47 am by Kuikka »

tunio6538

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: May 02, 2012, 02:54:05 am »

Hello i found little bug with gold doors they looks like metal bar i don't check any other metal doors it can be problem with all of them. ppl can u chceck this or maybe its problem only with my version ?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:30:58 am by tunio6538 »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: May 02, 2012, 08:13:09 am »

I finally ended up using version .07. Please check if I did it correctly - Aklyon told the basics but like most of the good advices it leaves something to be thought by oneself.

- I downloaded Ironhand's graphics set using latest .07 version
- I transferred saves from .05 to .07 save folder
- I copied DF (.07)/Raw to DF (.07)/data/saves/region/raw ("updating" .05 raws to .07 raws)

I encountered FATAL ERROR: Missing Creature Body Definition: RCP_EYELIDS when loading my save

- from this topic (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106267.0) I learnt that I have to use old eyelids definition so added them to body_rcp.txt

- I was finally able to load my fortress, and it seems some colours have changed. Siltstone, brown, is now grey. It doesn't bother me but I hope there are no other errors more severe.

So that's how I fix that... I should keep that in mind if I ever get around to fixing mine.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: May 02, 2012, 02:05:06 pm »

Question:

Chert wasnt supposed to be brown?
I hate to pester but do you think the unfinished "finished" door issue is going to be resolved in next update? Currently I'm using old .67 since it drives me crazy.

There was several colors and designs broken with .68 version...  I will try switching back to .67 version.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: May 02, 2012, 07:15:26 pm »

Oh well, hopefully Ironhand will fix this issue, the doors, the rock color changes, the diamond pattern everywere.
I still enjoy this Graphic pack, it's so dwarfy

PROTIP: Add banners!!!
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: May 02, 2012, 10:05:15 pm »

I recently made a new race, got it working in the current version of dwarf fortress, and started playing with it in fortress mode.  Only I just realized that despite the fact that I set the race to look exactly like elves (basically copying and pasting the [CREATURE_TILE:'e'][COLOR:3:0:0] and [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:137] lines from the elf entry) they look like the letter e.  Is there a way I can make the graphics pack recognize them as elves for the sake of graphics? 

Any advice is appreciated.

PS: I love your graphics set.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: May 04, 2012, 04:14:07 pm »

Ironhand, I was wondering, your graphic pack is called Ironhand AND Wormslayer.
Who is Wormslayer? What happend to him?

(If you think this is personal you can message me :) )
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: May 04, 2012, 10:38:02 pm »

He's around somewhere. He made a bunch of the ASCII tiles last year, back when we actually updated the set and stuff.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: May 05, 2012, 03:22:11 am »

I recently made a new race, got it working in the current version of dwarf fortress, and started playing with it in fortress mode.  Only I just realized that despite the fact that I set the race to look exactly like elves (basically copying and pasting the [CREATURE_TILE:'e'][COLOR:3:0:0] and [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:137] lines from the elf entry) they look like the letter e.  Is there a way I can make the graphics pack recognize them as elves for the sake of graphics? 

Any advice is appreciated.

PS: I love your graphics set.

You should add this creature to txt files in raw\graphics folder. This is where all graphics is assigned to creatures. Just find elves and copy their part of file to the end of it and then change creature name from ELF to your creatures (though don't forget that older elves part should still be there or they will show up as 'e' now).

And now my question - i didn't read this thread rom december and it's got a lot of pages:( So i installed your graphics pack into my moded DF and i changed all the tiles from civforge mod to look good in your tileset. But the problem is the things i see mentioned on this page - how can we repair diamond shaped problem? I can do it manually i just need an insight on what to do:) And on other bugs too - i will do it myself as i don't want to wait for another release:) I can even change what is needed and sent Ironhand a copy with all files repaired so that he can upload it:)

BTW i just checked - dorrs look fine. So only problem is that diamond shape.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:49:26 am by Tierre »

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: May 05, 2012, 06:46:14 am »

Yeah, I'll regress that in the next update.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: May 05, 2012, 07:23:49 am »

And what can i do now to repair diamonds? They are pretty annoying:) It's obviously some problem that central part of a tile is not filled with a background color as i see it (might be wrong).

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
  • BradUffner has begun a mysterious construction.
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #4496 on: May 05, 2012, 10:44:20 am »

And what can i do now to repair diamonds? They are pretty annoying:) It's obviously some problem that central part of a tile is not filled with a background color as i see it (might be wrong).

Try copying over that tile from a previous version of the set.
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: May 05, 2012, 11:28:50 am »

Try copying over that tile from a previous version of the set.

Can't find that version:( Wimbli got 0.68 only and my previous version was from 31.25. Maybe that will work....

Seems like i repaired it by chanaging all diamond tiles to 31.25 ironhand version with TIleGenie.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:40:37 am by Tierre »

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: May 08, 2012, 12:43:13 am »

There was several colors and designs broken with .68 version...  I will try switching back to .67 version.

Is 0.67 still available on line anywhere?  I'm not finding a link.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: May 08, 2012, 07:29:10 am »

Sorry about all the complaints with the last version.
I went and hosted Ironhand 0.67u on Dropbox.
You can get it here.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 329