Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What House Should We Join?

Hlaalu ( Backstabbing Businessmen )
Redoran ( Stupid Warriors )
Telvanni ( Nutjob Slavery Loving Wizards

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Let's Play: The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind! ( And Expansions )  (Read 4442 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind! ( And Expansions )
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 11:56:42 am »

Telvanni gives the best rewards in the form of awesome artifacts, but you're going to be doing glorified fetch quests.
Hlaalu rewards are ok and the quests are somewhat interesting.
Redoran rewards suck, but the quests themselves are awesome.

Hlaalu is right out. They're fun, but not good for a LP. I'd say Telvanni if you can levitate, Redoran if you can't.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pathos

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 12:14:06 pm »

Diary Entry: 19 Last Seed

Well, I woke up today and it was a truly beautiful day. for stealing people's livelihoods.

Spoiler: Pretty Nice Looking (click to show/hide)

I wandered to the inn, only to get stopped halfway and be informed that a bunch of bandits had ran into town, stolen a bunch of stuff and ran back to their cave with it. I had a lot of respect for these guys at this point. Why no one woke me up when this was happening, I don't know.

Anyway, I ignored everything that the bitch woman was telling me, except for where the cave was, and instead walked towards a tower that I hadn't seen before. I could've sworn it'd just appeared from nowhere. Some slavers had set up shop there, and they said that I could get recruited if I showed up with a few slaves for their leadership. It's apparently not a bad paying job.

So, I took all that into account, and decided to go visit this cave where the pretty cool guys terrible bandits were coming from. I only wanted to talk, but I immediately got attacked by some crazy bitch with a knife. I killed her, of course.

Spoiler: Not Very Well Hidden (click to show/hide)

I got a bit deeper in, got attacked by some crazy wizard guy ( again, killed ) and found a ring of theft or something. With my lifestyle, it may come in useful. I confiscated it to make sure unsavoury types couldn't get it.

Spoiler: Crazy Wizard Man (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ring (click to show/hide)

I found a key, and soon found the door for it.

It's a slave pen.

Spoiler: Slaves (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure what to do with them. Release or betray the flimsy morals I have return them to their "rightful owners". They're begging me to let them go.

( I installed the Twin Lamps mod, which lets you join and do a bunch of quests for the Twin Lamps faction or - I think, anyway - the Slavers. Your choice, guys. You might like to remember that Hlaalu and Redoran are against slavery, and Telvanni are for it. )

( Also, I'd rather not do the "Two Houses" exploit, just one for us. =p Your choice. )
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:28:10 pm by Pathos »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 12:19:15 pm »

fair enough, though I'd say NEVER use the alchemy exploit. It ruins the game, in my opinion.
It depends on what you use it for. I only ever used it to enchant stuff without paying exorbitant amounts of gold. Though even that can be overused, like giving yourself a 100% chance to dodge damage.

My favorite longsword is umbra(which I found entirely by accident while levitating over a mountain) but it's really only useful if you want to do a lot of enchanting.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 12:32:39 pm »

fair enough, though I'd say NEVER use the alchemy exploit. It ruins the game, in my opinion.
It depends on what you use it for. I only ever used it to enchant stuff without paying exorbitant amounts of gold. Though even that can be overused, like giving yourself a 100% chance to dodge damage.

My favorite longsword is umbra(which I found entirely by accident while levitating over a mountain) but it's really only useful if you want to do a lot of enchanting.

eh. I prefer blunt weapons. Mace of Aevar stone singer is my favorite weapon.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 12:41:54 pm »

1.  No exploits, please.  :P  Though I suppose very light use of the alchemy one would be acceptable.  It's quite possible to use it without abusing it, fortunately.

2.  I vote to join Telvanni, although Redoran would be fine too - the latter is, along with the Imperial Cult, one of the only two I haven't actually gone through the questlines for...
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2010, 12:55:49 pm »

The Imperial Cult is funny, especially if you are into blunt weapons..

Pathos

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2010, 01:04:42 pm »

So, are we freeing the slaves or not? =p

EDIT: Slaves are getting freed, then. =p
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:38:34 pm by Pathos »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2010, 04:03:55 pm »

We're joining Telvanni, I think, so keep the little bastards. Also, Hlaalu is kinda pro-slavery. They claim to be against it, but since all of the higher ups in the faction own slaves, well...
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 04:13:23 pm »

Free the slaves!

If you can`t have them, no one can.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 06:16:03 pm »

Free slaves? Can I have one? :3
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Pathos

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2010, 05:31:18 am »

Blurgh, the save got corrupted because of plugins. God damn, this is one of the few reasons I hated Morrowind. Does anyone know how to fix it? I could replay the entire thing, but that'd be extremely tedious and I'd be more willing to chuck up an Oblivion LP instead. FAST TRAVEL WOO.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2010, 07:17:03 am »

My morrowind saves never got corrupted. NEVER.  8)

Pathos

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2010, 09:31:19 am »

My morrowind saves never got corrupted. NEVER.  8)

Pfft, lies!

I think it was this damn Wizard's Islands mod.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:37:36 am by Pathos »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2010, 12:14:17 pm »

I, too, have never had a save corrupted. All you have to do is use Wyre Mash and Morrowind Code Patch.

Pathos

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2010, 01:12:04 pm »

I, too, have never had a save corrupted. All you have to do is use Wyre Mash and Morrowind Code Patch.

Is it possible to use these post-save and fix it?

Feel free to post in the Oblivion thread, if it is - anyway. It might keep me entertained whilst you guys take ages to vote. :3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4