Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55

Author Topic: Sword of the Stars  (Read 120276 times)

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sword of the Stars
« Reply #600 on: November 16, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »

In sots 1, you can edit the random menaces so that they multiply far quicker and reach the threshold in which they're smacking down everything. It makes for a nice end game fight where most of the surviving races are the ones who put their wars with each other aside and fight this new threat. Von neumon was usually the one I make supremely powerful in terms of number and reproduction. I use the swarm to taper the expansion in the early game to give the neumons a head start. The game gets riley quite fast as empires are fighting off neumon super ships by the mid game.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 16, 2011, 05:30:45 pm »

The self replicating disco balls of doom tend to end up as a bigger threat in most of the massive games I've run.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 16, 2011, 07:34:11 pm »

What wiki are you people talking about? all I've found is a nonloading page and a useless wikia.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 16, 2011, 07:40:30 pm »

I'm assuming this one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 16, 2011, 07:43:21 pm »

That is the nonloading page for me. Its sat there for 20 minutes, still no progress in the loading according to status bar.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 16, 2011, 07:47:16 pm »

Works fine for me.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 16, 2011, 07:56:38 pm »

Well it seems all six of the AI foes decided it was time to gang-up on me, and my ally. :( I have twelve massive fleets left standing, but only twelve planets left to defend (Minus my home planet, and its Defense forces) though I am making good head-way on research, so I should have some stronger Dreadnoughts to fight back with in thirty, or so turns (Plus I have shields now :) )

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 17, 2011, 05:17:41 am »

That is the nonloading page for me. Its sat there for 20 minutes, still no progress in the loading according to status bar.

The hosting isn't great and sometimes gets very slow. Very useful resource though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 06, 2011, 05:38:32 am »

Does the nanovirus work against the Von Neumann homeworld?  :D

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 06, 2011, 02:48:05 pm »

Does the nanovirus work against the Von Neumann homeworld?  :D
Does the Von Neumann attackers have a homeworld?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 06, 2011, 03:31:52 pm »

Sure they do, if you destroy it their annoying attacks stop. But it's cloaked and usually quite a distance outside the galaxy. I mostly just spam sensor stations till I find it.

Anyway I destroyed it in the conventional way with my flee of dreadnaughts. Fired a few biobombs full of nanovirus at it but the game was close to being finished and I wanted to destroy my first ever vn homeworld before my allies, the liir, defeated the last of the human scum so didn't wait around but finished it off with siege drivers, beamers and railguns. I even caught a VN construct on its way back from destroying one of my allies' worlds and destroyed it as well. Good times.

Is bad that the first time I saw a VN construct that I thought: "I want one"?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:03:02 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 06, 2011, 09:05:18 pm »

The self replicating disco balls of doom tend to end up as a bigger threat in most of the massive games I've run.

Yeah, I tried a standard game (vs 4 easy AI) and got myself entirely wiped out by the disco balls. Started a game with the same galaxy parameters and wiped the floor with them this time - at least, now that I know what I'm doing... probably also helped that the first time they appeared around turn 120 and this time near turn 260. Also won the game (which was probably helped by having two liirs rather than two hivers)

Really all you need is a swarm of point-defence cruisers plus some weapons with good range and power (I think the sphere is coated in neutron beams, which are apparently range 700?). The PD mops the floor with the little swarms, and then you just need to outlast the sphere itself.

Are people in this thread still playing the multiplayer for this game? Has there been a B12 game before?
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:11 pm »

The 'Lets Mess around in Sword of the Stars' thread in Play With you Buddies, Logical. We started a game last Sunday.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 06, 2011, 11:46:25 pm »

The second game is well on the road to being fixed up. The developers reckon by the 16-17th it'll be almost at a release-worthy stage and of course they're going to continue supporting it (if the first SOTS is anything to go off, for years into the future).
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #614 on: December 07, 2011, 03:10:14 am »

The second game is well on the road to being fixed up. The developers reckon by the 16-17th it'll be almost at a release-worthy stage and of course they're going to continue supporting it (if the first SOTS is anything to go off, for years into the future).

how nice.
i'm still CTD.
for the same mistake of "object not defined".
i'm waiting till patch number 30, or for the first expansion to come out. maybe by then i'll be able to play.
grr....
*goes on a rampage*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55