Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 92822 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 1 - We still hate vacations
« Reply #375 on: April 18, 2010, 11:30:15 pm »

Well we know Web won't answer simple questions, so I answered for him.

And yeah looking back over that exchange and in light of what Mr. Person said(which I agree with) I am going to drop my policy lynch on Org and vote Webadict. Won't answer a simple question, stalls for the better part of a day, then refuses to share his thoughts on scum 'because he may be wrong'.

What's wrong, afraid you won't be able to justify that huge ego if you make some incorrect predictions?
Lol. I answered several questions, many of which were quite simple with answers, many of which were also simple. If you expected complexity, I'd have tried asking a question that involved thinking.

So, as to where you think I'm stalling, I've already told you that I wasn't, and you know this. You just refuse to admit that I already told you so.

And no. I'm never afraid of making a mistake. They're actually quite common. I'm simply playing strategically. I can't die during the Day, and therefore have all Day to make any judgments. Quite possibly before I die, but I find it very unlikely. I mean, what with everyone focusing on lurkers instead of scumhunting.

You can suck a lemon.

I'd like to parallel your argument to a similar one: You are scum. Because of what so-and-so said, your mother, a black horse, and today is Friday. How do they compare? I stole arguments from so-and-so, listed unimportant things, and then mentioned something that wasn't even true. In hopes of supporting an argument. One that probably isn't true.

But, that's just me. And that's just you. And we aren't similar. So, the very idea anyone would try to deconstruct my rationales to methodize my thought pattern is laughable in its own right but clearly uses meta to the extremes.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 18, 2010, 11:47:21 pm »

So Webadict, who do you think is scum?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 19, 2010, 12:00:01 am »

So Webadict, who do you think is scum?
As of right now or in the future, or who I think right now is scum but not after I answer the question?

The real question is who gives a crap what I think. I could say my main suspects are Mephansteras, God, the 3 Stooges, Santa Claus, and the Fax Machine from Office Space, but they're all meaningless without a point.

So, for simplicity's sake, I'll give you one suspect because it technically answers the question and makes me look like more of a jerk (Although, one could argue that I'm answer the question in the correct manner, as the sentence itself implies I am wary of only 1 person): Pandarsenic. But I'd still want to get rid of RedWarrior0.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 19, 2010, 01:06:46 am »

Unvote.

Webby, I'm mighty suspicious of you at this point, because you're really dodgy and because you're still set on one person despite all the evidence you gave as to others' (forsaken) scumminess.

However, something stuck out to me much MUCH more:

If you're trying to cast suspicion on me, save your breath. Just answer the damn question.

Seriously? This is like...come on. What a feeble way to wrap up your attack. "Here's my evidence against you! It's so good, you can't even think about accusing me!" Honestly, it juts made me more suspicious of you, forsaken. What was your reasoning here? Why shouldn't he try to cast suspicion on you, if that's the point of the game?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #379 on: April 19, 2010, 05:54:11 am »

If you're trying to cast suspicion on me, save your breath. Just answer the damn question.

Seriously? This is like...come on. What a feeble way to wrap up your attack. "Here's my evidence against you! It's so good, you can't even think about accusing me!" Honestly, it juts made me more suspicious of you, forsaken. What was your reasoning here? Why shouldn't he try to cast suspicion on you, if that's the point of the game?
Good job, you siezed upon the least important part of the post. I said that because I was already majority voted, so he may as well save his breath.

See I'm not worried about living, I am worried about exposing scum. Day will end, and you will see that I was Town. I hope then you will remember Web's actions here and not be fooled by his sudden backpedaling.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 19, 2010, 08:47:21 am »

Good job, you siezed upon the least important part of the post. I said that because I was already majority voted, so he may as well save his breath.

See I'm not worried about living, I am worried about exposing scum. Day will end, and you will see that I was Town. I hope then you will remember Web's actions here and not be fooled by his sudden backpedaling.
Except I'm not scum, so such a statement would be futile, as would your actions. You don't really understand how roles work, and who they usually target. Even if I WERE scum, I'd still be acting just like this, so your evidence against me is otherwise useless. It's like me saying ToonyMan is scum because he doesn't make any sense.

If you truly wish to find scum, you'd need to investigate everyone's actions and post what is scummy about them. That'll get you something if you're about to die. Now much, but it's better than this failure.

Also, I don't understand how this isn't a part of my ego:
Correct. Mostly because it is entirely irrelevant at this moment, and any mention of my suspects tends to be wrong at this stage of the game, which scum tend to latch onto, kill me, then use my list to persecute people for them.
I mean, wouldn't that imply that I assume everyone holds my opinion in such high regards that I'll assume they'll follow through with it?

That's stupid. They never follow through with it. Even when it's lylo, there's evidence, and there's only one scum remaining.

Unvote.

Webby, I'm mighty suspicious of you at this point, because you're really dodgy and because you're still set on one person despite all the evidence you gave as to others' (forsaken) scumminess.

... Because scum would do that? And that post was also before he voted me, making your point even more moot, as well as terrible reasoning. It never wrapped up an attack it was never really a part of.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #381 on: April 19, 2010, 09:26:30 am »

Reply #330 to Reply #341 are completely worthless Org + Forsaken posts with Toony trying (and failing) to regain control.  I wish there was a way to hide posts inline.  Maybe some sort of GreaseMonkey script.  Hmm.

I think there's been more Org-posts today than there have been total posts yesterday.

Org-posts =/= useful posts (in general, but sometimes he's suprising)

I am very surprised I've managed to not post this long. Sorry for the absence, I had... unexpected parental issues.

Yes, but you still haven't posted that 'more later'.  Please do so. >:(

The real question is who gives a crap what I think. I could say my main suspects are Mephansteras, God, the 3 Stooges, Santa Claus, and the Fax Machine from Office Space, but they're all meaningless without a point.

You totally should have put Eduren on that list, you've actually voted for him.  (/sarcasm)

Except I'm not scum, so such a statement would be futile, as would your actions. You don't really understand how roles work, and who they usually target. Even if I WERE scum, I'd still be acting just like this, so your evidence against me is otherwise useless. It's like me saying ToonyMan is scum because he doesn't make any sense.

If you truly wish to find scum, you'd need to investigate everyone's actions and post what is scummy about them. That'll get you something if you're about to die. Now much, but it's better than this failure.

Except that we as a collective have this annoying tendency to basically ignore dead people.  Sure they can't talk, but they're also confirmed as either scum or town and should color everything said premortem (is that a viable word?).

More if/when RedWarrior comes back.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 19, 2010, 09:58:39 am »

I forgot about Eduren.

And it's not that everyone ignores me when I'm dead. If there's a Medium, I have a little bit of influence. But, mostly ignores would be correct.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 19, 2010, 11:05:03 am »

The Whiteboard
forsaken1111: Jokerman-EXE, Org, Solifuge
Jim Groovester: Pandarsenic
Jokerman-EXE: Leafsnail, Mr.Person, ToonyMan
Leafsnail: Jim Groovester
Pandarsenic: Vector
RedWarrior0: JanusTwoface, webadict
webadict: forsaken1111

Reminder: Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 19, 2010, 11:09:55 am »

Extend. I want to see if Jim shows up.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2010, 11:11:19 am »

or if Red posts something of any consequence...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2010, 11:17:30 am »

He won't.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 19, 2010, 11:19:18 am »

Blorgh.  Okay, I've been keeping away from here due to more sudden RL badness... but I'll try to do a thread reread later today.  My mental faculties are back, at least.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 19, 2010, 11:24:44 am »

He won't.
Then let's lynch him.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #389 on: April 19, 2010, 11:39:15 am »

He won't.
Then let's lynch him.
I can get behind a lurker lynch but my swapping right now just leaves us in a 3-way tie...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58