Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 93336 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 1 - 1 Replacement Requested
« Reply #480 on: April 20, 2010, 05:19:30 pm »

If you don't know what WIFOM is, don't run around saying everything is WIFOM.

Don't tell me what to do.

Especially when you're doing something as obnoxious as arguing the proper use of a game jargon acronym, for crying out loud.

This ain't English Lit class.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 20, 2010, 05:54:59 pm »

Especially when you're doing something as obnoxious as arguing the proper use of a game jargon acronym, for crying out loud.

This isn't rocket science: If you don't know the meaning of a word, don't use it. It makes you hard to understand, which is scummy. More importantly, it makes you sound like an idiot.

I also find it strange you didn't dispute the fact you don't know what WIFOM is. Interesting.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 20, 2010, 06:00:14 pm »

End the Day.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 20, 2010, 06:01:21 pm »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 20, 2010, 06:08:36 pm »

This isn't rocket science: If you don't know the meaning of a word, don't use it. It makes you hard to understand, which is scummy. More importantly, it makes you sound like an idiot.

I also find it strange you didn't dispute the fact you don't know what WIFOM is. Interesting.

Snobbery in the proper use of game terminology looks incredibly silly. Don't you have better things to get your panties in a twist than whether or not I used a game term that is rarely used in its strictest and most formal sense correctly?

If you don't, well, I feel sorry that you don't have more important concerns.

Also, End the Day. I want to have the last word in this stupid fucking argument.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 20, 2010, 06:11:00 pm »

This is srs, gaiz.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #486 on: April 20, 2010, 06:11:55 pm »

Yep, Mafia is serious business.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 20, 2010, 06:13:45 pm »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 20, 2010, 06:19:46 pm »

This is srs, gaiz.
SRSLY

Don't you understand the importance of what's at stake here? Somebody could be misusing informally developed game jargon incorrectly and not even know it!

I will not brook any sarcasm from the peanut gallery!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 20, 2010, 06:22:16 pm »

This is srs, gaiz.
SRSLY

Don't you understand the importance of what's at stake here? Somebody could be misusing informally developed game jargon incorrectly and not even know it!

I will not brook any sarcasm from the peanut gallery!
SRSLY

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 20, 2010, 06:34:45 pm »

In the grand scheme of things, do those 4 hours matter? Why yes, yes they do. I've taken notice of the fact that you guys have decided to shorten rather than actually ask more questions. Especially you, Pand.

Jokerman, Forsaken, and Pand: Who else is scum?
Mr.Person, Vector, and MAYBE JanusTwoFace (and myself, but we're asking whom I consider likely to be scum) are in a particularly high-risk bracket for "Bussing the hopeless partner." Jokerman-EXE is a popular one but I haven't been actually, er. Watching his posts enough to determine whether I think he is or not.

Is that a fucking joke?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:54 pm »

The Whiteboard
forsaken1111: Org, Solifuge
Jokerman-EXE: Leafsnail, ToonyMan
Pandarsenic: Jokerman-EXE
RedWarrior0: forsaken1111, JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, Mr.Person, Pandarsenic, Vector, webadict

After a lot of talking and arguing and insults you finally manage to settle on who to lynch. RedWarrior0 backs up as Jim Groovester picks up an old handgun and points it at him. "Well, monster, game's up." he smirks.

"You can't do this!" Screams RedWarrior0. "You can't just kill someone! This is barbaric! It's wrong! It's-" His brains flying out the back of his head silences him, and the body slumps to the ground.

"It's what had to be done." says Jim, quietly.

You all watch the body as it slow transforms. The fingers elongate into claws and what is left of his features melt away into a smooth, featureless face. It seems you were right! You search through his belongings and find a business card of his. It seems he was not only a doppelganger, but also a Medium. Well, he can talk to the dead face to face now, you suppose.

Tired and exhausted you head off to your bungalows to try and catch a few hours of sleep before the dawn.

Day 1 is over! Night 1 has now started. Please send in your night actions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Night 1 - Replacement Found
« Reply #492 on: April 22, 2010, 03:59:29 pm »

Dawn comes and you reconvene at the main hotel building. Mr.Person and webadict do not join you, however, and eventually you all decide that you should go check to see what happened.

At Mr.Person's hut you find the door locked, but a window stands open. A brave soul clambers inside and unlocks the door. As you search the room you find a clear trail of blood leading from the bed to the window. It is obvious that he was murdered in his bed and the body removed. A little more searching reveals books on Enchantment and enhancing one's psychic powers. Strange. You knew he was a bit kooky, perhaps this was the cause. In any case, it looks like he's become the latest victim of the monsters.

Heading over to webadict's bungalow quickly shows you why he never showed up. His bungalow, well, is just gone. Where it stood is a charred circle of ash and smoky glass. You're not sure what happened, exactly, but it's obvious that nothing could have survived the blast! Back at the hotel you do a bit of digging around, but it seems that there was nothing interesting about him to be found. Just a simple townsperson caught up in this nightmare, you suppose.

Day 2 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 2 - What's a vacation without a luau?
« Reply #493 on: April 22, 2010, 04:02:17 pm »

... Did I just get Plasma Bomb'd? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 2 - What's a vacation without a luau?
« Reply #494 on: April 22, 2010, 04:04:16 pm »

Pandarsenic.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58