Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 93449 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 5 dawns cool and quiet
« Reply #780 on: May 07, 2010, 01:20:39 am »

Okay Org... WTF?

You got the memo about the plan last night, and I explained to you how not following the plan could very likely get you killed, and yet you changed it anyway and "blocked" the bodyguard... and now you claim that your ability failed, and that I'm somehow scum because of it? What the hell were and are you thinking? I'm beginning to question whether you're scum or not, as well as not having you lynched earlier in the game. <_<;

So yeah. Org, clarify what the hell happened, and stop rewriting your stories. Was your role blocked, or did it fail to affect your target? I don't believe you have it in you to be this duplicitous, but honestly... get your story straight.

Also guys, Mephansteras included, I'm going to be leaving town on tomorrow night through Monday morning, for a weekend backpacking trip. Unless we can get this resolved before the weekend, I'm going to need a stand-in through Monday, if not a replacement.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 07, 2010, 01:25:40 am »

Or we can extend the day.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 07, 2010, 09:07:16 am »

Or we can extend the day.

...or we could extend the day.
Extension, plox.

So, anywho, we're at the penultimate lynch, which is a mislynch-and-lose (A MiLo, if you will), and I haven't had the time to review posts, motives, and statements much at all... and today is no exception. Given that Org has done everything he can to sabotauge my ability to deduce what's going on by being a giant anusbrain, I think we need to do this the old-fashioned way.

I'd really appreciate some reasoning from you guys. If there is a player who's willing to make a schematic of the last few days' lynches, focusing on the posts of the remaining 4 players in regards to the lynches, that would be awesome. Biased is fine too, so bias away... I'd even invite the Scum player to do it!

I'll slap a vote down in the event that we don't get an extension by the time I leave. Hope to get some direction beyond my gut instinct right now, though!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 07, 2010, 09:59:39 am »

It's weird. It says that my psychic coil loosened around Janus...
But, you never know. Okay?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 07, 2010, 10:48:30 am »

So, Janus... you're saying now that you actually ARE a Mind Shield?

If so, this is the best MiLo ever.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #785 on: May 07, 2010, 10:57:01 am »

It's weird. It says that my psychic coil loosened around Janus...
But, you never know. Okay?

Mind Shield.

This is important:  Did you get the same flavor on Solifuge?  If you did, than he's not clear at all (likely scum actually, for letting us go on this long).  If you didn't, than he's clear because you blocked him when there was only one dopp and a kill.

Unless Org says that Solifuge has a Mind Shield, Pandarsenic is scum.

Could be a Dopp Leader.

Also, In Theory!, you might have investigated to look for a kook to accuse and "clear" yourself. Of course, idle speculation doesn't get us much but you and Vector aren't quite clear yet.

First to posit Vector as Dopp Leader and Forsaken as scum theory.

Are we going to massclaim?

Forsaken is highly unlikely to be a Dopp (not certain but unlikely). Vector, Soli, and Janus are all unable to have performed the kill.

okay, hold up.

Rereading the flavor suggested that Jim was killed by a VIGILANTE, not a Doppelganger. Was he?

Mass claim two days ago, probably trying to work out how to get through three more days.
Also trying to confuse people with the circle kill.  Confusion is good for dopps, bad for town.

Okay, I have an idea.

Let's reread all the posts by dead dopps and see who's implicated by them?

Calls for reread to look town without actually doing the reread.

I did check, but there's only a minor connection with Pandarsenic (mild attack on day 2, used to not be totally disassociated) and another with Org/Solifuge (neither voted RedWarrior day 1, although almost everyone else did).

Quick thought: If Leafy hadn't been Exterminated, today would be lylo with one vote not being controlled by its user, wouldn't it...?

I missed this when it was posted.  Looks like he's trying to cast suspicion on someone, although I can't for the life of me tell who.  Maybe SOlifuge?

True fact: You can just lynch Vector, then, supposing the game were not to end:

Org blocks Janus, Janus guards Soli, Soli blocks me (or whatever).

Kill happens, one of the Wardens has to be scum.
If not, it could be any of the four remaining but it won't be because Vector is scum.

Makes mistakes, if people used this information, he would have been unblocked (well, he was anyways, but this was clarified first).

So, Janus... you're saying now that you actually ARE a Mind Shield?

If so, this is the best MiLo ever.

Yes, just hadn't noticed because it hadn't come up.  And it's either you or Pandarsenic, strongly leaning towards the latter unless Org reports back to damn you.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 07, 2010, 11:08:23 am »

A point of interest I'd like to bring up is that Pandar approached me via PM about if I wanted him to "turn off his gun" tonight, without being prompted.

It felt strange, and forced.

Org has been Org... and not uncharacteristically so... and you supported his claim that you have a mind-shield.

I really am not a fan of people changing their stories, and their role-claims midway through. Org "remembered" that he targetted Jim on N1 after he claimed that Vector was his target every night. That was chalked up to silliness. Janus, you're suddenly a Mind-Shiled, which is a detail you weren't willing to share earlier... makes me think you might have been hiding the trump card in your hand, to keep a leg up on Town as a Dopple, such that any carefully-laid plan would fall apart. Pandar has been trying hard to look like a War Vet, but he hasn't changed his story, or suddenly "remembered" important details.

All of y'all have been pretty darned scatterbrained for this game, and it makes it hard for me to read people. Sons, were I Webadict, I would be dissapoint.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #787 on: May 07, 2010, 11:24:26 am »

That is a little odd, but it also kind of makes sense.  Yesterday, he had to make three more kills to win the game.  Vector was the first with the lynch and he could either kill another in the night and hope to get 1 of 2 to agree with him or try to buy favor with the town and convince 1 of 3 instead (so long as the other 2 don't agree on someone else).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 07, 2010, 01:05:30 pm »

Nope, it seems that is was successful from the Soli-blcoking.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 07, 2010, 02:29:48 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Org
Pandarsenic: JanusTwoface

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 07, 2010, 02:46:18 pm »

EXTENSION

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 07, 2010, 02:54:32 pm »

That's two votes for an Extension.

Day is now extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 07, 2010, 05:10:19 pm »

A point of interest I'd like to bring up is that Pandar approached me via PM about if I wanted him to "turn off his gun" tonight, without being prompted.

It felt strange, and forced.

Why forced? Either you would want me to or you wouldn't, and I didn't intend to catch shit for it if you forgot to tell me. -.-
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 10, 2010, 09:18:43 am »

Okay, I am back. Also, Pandarsenic. He's been unhelpful, hasn't provided useful information, or even reasonable thought/suspicions. He's quasi-lurking by deferring to others, and being non-commital.

As Obi-Wan-Kenobi once advised, I will trust my instincts. If we're wrong, Org/Janus, you know what to do. We will proceed with a modified form of last night's plan, in which Org will ACTUALLY LISTEN THIS TIME please.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 10, 2010, 10:29:27 am »

Uh, Solifuge? Why not just NL?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58