Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [Community Burrows] Enolral  (Read 5613 times)

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enolral (Community Burrow Fort)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 12:07:02 am »

I was a bit late for this, if your going to add any more burros (don't do this unless you have picks AND axes for them) i would like a dwarf. if you haven't altered the settings for item combining in bins and barrels yet, you should do that, else, its going to be a real mess with dwarfs standing about trying to put stuff in barrels that are far away and not in their burros.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 04:47:15 am »

Are you going to let people pick immigrants and start their own burrow or will all immigrants have to join one of the starting 7's burrows?

And can we get the map of the area?
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 06:28:06 am »

Are you going to let people pick immigrants and start their own burrow or will all immigrants have to join one of the starting 7's burrows?

And can we get the map of the area?
Yeah, people can grab immigrants. I'm planning on making a fortress with around 5 of the dwarves people don't claim, so we'll have a source for the people who want to claim a dwarf and don't want to wait for a migrant wave.

I'll post a map after I get the basic homes up for each people. And I'll let you guys know when I get migrants.

Note: The Volcano extends way above the site of the brook, and the brook is in a depression. Add 2+2 and you get "kill everyone".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:29:41 am by derekiv »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 07:42:57 am »

Those stones the captain owns are for construction of the Trade Depot. The radiation should sterilise any food or drink we buy!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 11:13:07 am »

UPDATE!!!:
Traveling was hard work, especially when the king gives you a drunken order to head to a random volcano in the deep south. But, it was the king, so his order must be obeyed. He also selected 7 people at random, so it didn't look good from the start.
It just went downhill from there. Someone, forgot to bring enough food, and instead brought 4 blocks of pitchblende.
Upon Arriving:
Gaxkang: We should start over on that plateau, overlooking the brook. There are plenty of trees an plants.
Broccoli: No, we build over in the rock by the brook. Every dwarf knows that rock is the best, only sissy humans live outside.
Melkorp: No, we dig in the dirt over there, we need it for the farms.
Broccoli: Real dwarves irragate.
Pedro: Real dwarves live where ever they want.
Captain Brunch: Why don't we just build our own houses? And go our seperate ways?
Everyone: Fine! Didn't need you guys anyway.

Burrow 1 (Mr. Potato and Sheb):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Burrow 2 (Gaxkang):
Burrow 3 (Pedro):
Burrow 4 (Melkorp & Captain Brunch):
Burrow Five (Broccoli):

Here's the map:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-8538-grizzlysilvers-community

I have 8 more dwarves so if anyone wants to join, let me know before tomorrow morning.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 11:25:31 am »

I want a mechanic/miner, if you have one. He'll hermit his way in, steal an anvil if needed, and proceed to dig into the mountain to create an ultimate deathtrap (volcano + floodgate + lever) to throw the rest into submission.
Just the kind of a kobold on steroids.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 11:27:30 am »

I want a mechanic/miner, if you have one. He'll hermit his way in, steal an anvil if needed, and proceed to dig into the mountain to create an ultimate deathtrap (volcano + floodgate + lever) to throw the rest into submission.
Just the kind of a kobold on steroids.
Gladly. By the way, I have 2 extra anvils. 1 if I give one to Lord Slowpoke.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 11:35:38 am »

Well, I never said that I was going to team up with Mr. Potato. But I was going to say so, so it's perfect.

I edit my orders then.

Leave Mr Potato do the cooking and brewing and focus on digging a small but functional house for the both of us. (Can we have the sex of our dwarves? Gay Dwarven Pron just come racing in my mind) Basically, an hallway, with to the north a common dining room and two 3*3 bedroom opening into it, and to the south some room for the furnace and forge. Oh, and a food storage room opening into the dining room.

Then, start digging down until I find some useful ore (iron) and craft a full suits of armor for me as well as a sword. Then craft whatever Mr. Potato request and then start smoothing the walls. (I guess that by that point he'll be finish with the wall.)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 12:08:30 pm »

Sheb, your a guy and Mr. Potato is a girl. Odd how that fits into the gender stereotypes...
Here are the Stat pages, for those who want them:
Sheb:
Pedro:
Mr. Potato:
Melkorp:
Gaxkang:
Broccoli:
Roid Kobold; Since you didn't give me a name Lord Slowpoke, I just took your description and ran with it. He's a high master miner and a novice mechanic:

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »

I'm dating a dairy farmer ... what if we get married??  Will I have to leave my burrow and live in the cabin?  Decisions! 

Maybe I should tunnel under the cabin.  And dig out bedrooms for myself and the Captain about halfway along the tunnel.  Oh, and we should build the Still, so the winery is up and running by first caravan...   
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 01:31:36 pm »

Qloos, (Mr Ms. Potato) demands:  A bed made out of Oak and clarification about who her romantic interest is.  Also want a moat dug out with a bridge to the north of the farm.  Bridge is to be one tile wide.

I'm also stealing that gold which is north of Broccoli's fortress.  Just ten of it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:33:37 pm by Qloos »

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 02:33:54 pm »

I would like a dwarf if its not too late. my dwarf would like to live on the magma sea. preferably in a small house made of steel, but any metal will do.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 02:40:52 pm »

I'm dating a dairy farmer ... what if we get married??  Will I have to leave my burrow and live in the cabin?  Decisions! 

Maybe I should tunnel under the cabin.  And dig out bedrooms for myself and the Captain about halfway along the tunnel.  Oh, and we should build the Still, so the winery is up and running by first caravan...   

Oh, you may not have noticed but I dug down to rock for some rooms for you and Captain, and I struck gold. Should I still build the rooms in the tunnel?

Qloos, (Mr Ms. Potato) demands:  A bed made out of Oak and clarification about who her romantic interest is.  Also want a moat dug out with a bridge to the north of the farm.  Bridge is to be one tile wide.

I'm also stealing that gold which is north of Broccoli's fortress.  Just ten of it.

Gold: Check
Romantic Interest: Check
Moat: Check
Oak:  Nope, Sorry but we're in the tropics, so no oak. You do have one of candlenut.

I would like a dwarf if its not too late. my dwarf would like to live on the magma sea. preferably in a small house made of steel, but any metal will do.

Okay, anymore specifics, such as name?

HEY 64-BIT HOW DO YOU FIX THE BARREL THING? When the migrants arrived, it started so how do I stop the cancellation spam?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:56:40 pm by derekiv »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 03:02:53 pm »

Woo, I got a cutebold! This reminds me of goblins, somehow.
Anywho, I'm gonna find a decently placed slope near the volcano, chip some stone away, and make a pump stack from the river to make some sort of windmill farm. Steal wood as necesarry.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 03:39:32 pm »

Quote from: derekiv link=topic=54603.msg1180754#msg1180754
  I dug down to rock for some rooms for you and Captain, and I struck gold. Should I still build the rooms in the tunnel?
No, gold rooms are good!  Thanks!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4