Poll

Sticky this thread?

Yes
- 304 (93.3%)
No
- 22 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide  (Read 84152 times)

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --Helping you, Helping me--
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2010, 05:30:39 pm »

You should put:
You will find you custom reactions listed in the Manager job menu (keystroke: j,m,q).  You will not find them in your custom workshop.
at the top somewhere.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2010, 05:36:57 pm »

Isn't that only if you've got a manager?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2010, 05:39:00 pm »

Nope.  You always have to use the manager menu in order to get anything done with a custom reaction.  You also need a manager.
Can't get enough Bolo.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2010, 05:44:07 pm »

I've practically never used the manager menu, only some time in the 40d series. I haven't had any issues...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2010, 06:53:44 pm »

Ive always been able to just use the workshop the reaction is based in, the manager just speeds it up.(ordering it to be done that is.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2010, 06:56:31 pm »

I'm used to not using the manager, so yeah....

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2010, 07:16:34 pm »

Ive always been able to just use the workshop the reaction is based in, the manager just speeds it up.(ordering it to be done that is.
seconded. My reactions all show up in their places.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2010, 07:17:29 pm »

Huh.  That's weird because mine never do.
Can't get enough Bolo.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2010, 08:19:03 pm »

@Dragon1423 - Well for starters, you need to have access to charcoal or some kind of fuel. [FUEL] try removing that and giving it a go.

Both reagents are fine, but your plant CAN'T be contained in anything.
You could try [REAGENT:A:5:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]

Keep in mind you need FIVE plants for the reaction, presently this is how it stands...

You need a fuel, an empty barrel and 5 "plants". If you don't have all of those or the reagent is wrong some how, the reaction in the building WILL NOT show up.

Also, making sure that you have the entry in the entity_default [PERMITTED_REACTION:FUEL] and [PERMITTED_BUILDING:REFINERY]

Firstly, sorry for the lack of response, mother's day kept me busy...

I forgot that I re-did the entity file and never had a permitted reaction to it. Sorry for the trouble.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2010, 08:28:45 pm »

Huh.  That's weird because mine never do.
do yours all have [PERMITTED_REACTION] and everything?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2010, 05:40:39 pm »

What is the item token that I would use in a reaction to make an extract?  Such as that which is produced by the job "process plants (into barrel)?

The list of 2010 item tokens on the wiki is rather pitiful.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:46:32 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2010, 07:04:26 pm »

Well if you look on my guide, it seems... liquid extracts are classified as drinks and are to be put into a barrel. I'm not too sure about the powders. Look on my guide, you should find a list of a bunch of products, maybe you could decipher what it is you want.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2010, 08:59:13 pm »

Yeah, I've looked at the guide.  The guide is huge, and most of it is pre-made reactions (which help a lot with initially learning, but when you need a quick reference are very cumbersome).  The only list of tokens I could find was the labor tokens list.  Wouldn't it be easier to make wiki pages for this stuff?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:08:39 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2010, 12:35:23 am »

It could be easier that way LegoLord, but in all honesty, it may even be bigger than the first page of this thread. I know referencing stuff in the guide is hard, but it's still a work in progress.

Also... I don't know squat about editing/adding/removing stuff on the wiki.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2010, 03:17:50 pm »

bumping the guide so it's on the first page again.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29