Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 601876 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1680 on: February 18, 2011, 08:58:14 pm »

I tenetively ^_^ at the thought of an update, though they tend to be sporadic at best
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 18, 2011, 09:53:45 pm »

huzzah!
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 19, 2011, 01:06:47 am »

Well looks like the elves got their Amala back from the Frogmen's trip to their parents.
so maybe we can finally get that Update where DarkerDark's barge to rescue his laptop from his Sister.

so how long was Amala was in Sleep mode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 19, 2011, 04:02:40 am »

Dang... How many pages am I going to have to read through to tally up suggestions and such?

Anyways... I was off playing lots of new games, half of which were purchased over the course of Steam's Christmas Sale. Fallout New Vegas, Civilization 5, World of Tanks, Mount and Blade Warband, Napoleon Total War, Armed Assault 2, and Mafia 2. So many freakin' games...

But now that I'm bored of them. Time for Elves of Amanereli again? I have a bit of a cold right now, but I'll still see about getting an update done over the course of the weekend.

And for those of you sending me private messages to use my art as avatars and such, go right ahead, there's no need to ask. I draw these things for everybody.
Muhahahaha! The longer you put it off the more ideas we come up with! Muhahahaha! E.T.C.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: February 19, 2011, 04:34:36 am »

Dang... How many pages am I going to have to read through to tally up suggestions and such?
Don't worry too much, most of it is terrible ideas on how to use a turtle.

Conversely, that means you have enough mediocre ideas for how to rely on a turtle to save the day.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 19, 2011, 01:54:29 pm »

Don't worry too much, most of it is terrible ideas on how to use a turtle.

Conversely, that means you have enough mediocre ideas for how to rely on a turtle to save the day.

Sadly, not so much.  The lion's share of "turtle" suggestions just said "Yes!  I support Plan Turtle!" without going into specifics.  I'm almost disappointed.  I expected more from you turtle-lovers.

But when it comes to elves doing things . . . the earliest posts since the last update had a whole lot of suggestions, really.  Actual statements about such things as "archery" and "diplomacy."  It's just since then that the thread has devolved into this state that welcomes the reader with a pit of madness.

DarkerDark, I hope you appreciate the welcome.

--Rexfelum

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #1686 on: February 19, 2011, 02:16:31 pm »

This thread in a nutshell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 19, 2011, 02:21:00 pm »

those axes need to be switched.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 19, 2011, 02:45:15 pm »

those axes need to be switched.

What you did there is visible to me.

I'm glad your back, DarkerDark!  I think the swarm of crazy suggestions was mostly a way to keep the thread alive without resorting to "bump" posts.  But maybe there's an idea there you like!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 19, 2011, 03:07:50 pm »

DD is back! Yay! ^_^
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 20, 2011, 01:40:31 am »

HUZZAH! DarkerDark is back! Now we can finally maybe implement the 8-Bit plan! Well... we would if it didn't get voted down...

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 20, 2011, 03:57:21 am »

We have so many plans atleast one of them has to work... Right?
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 20, 2011, 04:04:31 am »

We have so many plans atleast one of them has to work... Right?

In a multiple timeline universe where every decision splits off. As it is, I think some of the plans are mutually exclusive.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 22, 2011, 03:04:58 am »

The amphibian men seem slightly confused that the Elves of Amanereli would begin to chase the drifting barge. The big lipped frogman croaks at his compatriots and speaks in the guttural broken tones of their ancient language, "Why? Why they come after elf with mammary glands? They not send elf to us as trade for big angry god? Why else would they tie elf to floating sticks and trees?"

The leader assesses the situation, "This all big misunderstanding... We talk to elves." He bellows across the water to the pursuing bowelves, "No come closer! We no want shed this elf blood! This elf kill many warriors! We take elf to angry god shaman. He give magic plants to wake elf! This elf will be new angry god and help defeat enemies!"

Though the frogman attempts at diplomacy, he keeps his knife tentatively close to Amala in warning. The Elves of Amanereli shout back, "That elf you speak of is Amala Nightglimmer, Captain of the Rangers, and slayer of Turotamilodang, who's trumpeting cries could not save him from his fate. She is a Child of Amanereli and will not be given up to the likes of frogmen who have fallen so far from grace that they are worth less than the slime that covers their back! Now lower your primitive blade and return to the filthy waters from which you came!"

The amphibian man croaks in anger, "You take angry god! We want new angry god! You give angry god back, or we take elf! We--" The frogman is suddenly interrupted by a loud thump against the side of the barge.

Peering over the side, the frogmen are shocked and awed to see a single turtle pushing itself against the side of the barge, as though it means to bring the vessel to a stop entirely by itself. As determined as it might be, it does very little in actually stopping the barge. However, the frogmen of the Whispering Marsh know that the Elves of Amanereli are fully capable of enlisting the aid of wildlife. They wait in tense anticipation, convinced that an elf might come springing up from underneath the shelled critter.

Their wait is cut short as the report of a snapped bowstring is heard. An arrow pierces through the throat of the lead frogman and he folds in on himself, clutching at the protruding shaft. The other frogmen croak in surprise and quickly work to ready their blowguns. Within moments, deadly darts begin to stitch the air.

The Elves of Amanereli reply in force.

The frogmen are very quickly turned into pincushions.

------

Amala's would be abductors have been dealt with. It won't take much effort to bring her drifting barge back to the safety of the Elven camp. But what should be done afterwards? Surely some congratulations are in order for the quick bows and deadly aim of the armored Amanereli warriors, and maybe even a few cheers for a single brave soul who helped to bring Amala's menacing aggressors to a swift end.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 22, 2011, 03:21:24 am »

Wunderbar! Now we just need to hunt down and extort the shaman they were croaking about into awakening Amala and continue on our way. Also, that turtle needs a name.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 185