Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391902 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.2
« Reply #810 on: March 07, 2011, 03:44:50 pm »

assuming control of a dwarf in fortress mode as in arena? damn... if that was true, i'd piss my pants

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.4
« Reply #811 on: March 07, 2011, 03:52:53 pm »

So wait... about DFMode.

What happens in legends to the fort when you switch to your militia captain and turn on Adventure mode when the siege happens?

And can you switch back after it's all said and done?

I...

I think I just peed a little...

Edit: And... and... you can go... offsite?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #812 on: March 07, 2011, 04:13:39 pm »

So wait... about DFMode.

What happens in legends to the fort when you switch to your militia captain and turn on Adventure mode when the siege happens?

And can you switch back after it's all said and done?

I...

I think I just peed a little...

Edit: And... and... you can go... offsite?
Well, sort of. Keep in mind that the game was never made to deal with this properly.
  • Controlling a dwarf in arena mode fort and moving around leads to everyone killing each other. Switching to arena mode, assuming control and immediately switching to adventure mode (1,1) seems OK. Then if you go offsite, items might scatter and people you leave behind might die, just like animals on abandon.
  • Don't unpause fort switched to arena mode. It reveals everything, sets the hfs free and crashed DF soon after that. Placing magma/water is fine when you switch back to proper fort mode without unpausing.
  • Switching to some of the other modes will probably lead to instant abandon.

So, be careful. And make backups in case things go bad.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:19:30 pm by peterix »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 07, 2011, 04:18:15 pm »

Well, sort of. Keep in mind that the game was never made to deal with this properly. So, I think items might scatter and people you leave behind might die, just like animals on abandon. Also, don't unpause fort switched to arena mode. Controlling a dwarf in arena mode fort and moving around leads to everyone killing each other. Switching to some of the other modes will probably lead to instant abandon. So, be careful. And make backups in case things go bad.

Am I the only one who just "Muahaha"-d A little inside?

Dwarf Fortress,  Deathmatch mode.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 07, 2011, 04:20:10 pm »

I didn't "muaha" inside, no.

It was audible.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 07, 2011, 04:21:44 pm »

Can I get a bit more instructions how to switch to adventurer mode, please?
I switch to arena mode-managing, assume control of a dwarf. So far so good.
I switch to adventurer mode-direct control. The interface changes to adventurer mode allright but I can't move and no other keys (not even escape) work.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #816 on: March 07, 2011, 04:37:14 pm »

I switch to adventurer mode-direct control. The interface changes to adventurer mode allright but I can't move and no other keys (not even escape) work.
I never said it was without bugs. This worked when I tested it with 31.19 though. Now I tried with 31.21 and it seems like I can move around, but at a glacial pace. Like my guy uses the world-scale time and the map around him uses th fort mode scale. Escape worked.

It's weird. Anyway, I'll keep the tool around, even if it's only for hilariously random results :)

Edit:
OK. It's a bit unpredictable. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes the switching can break things. Just savescum the hell out of it :)
* peterix licks dwarven blood from the floor as an alligator right now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:42:58 pm by peterix »

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 07, 2011, 04:38:41 pm »

Using exact numbers...

I'll refer to things as (game mode, control mode) herein. So in fortress mode, you start out in mode (0,0). You change the mode to (4,0) via dfmode to enter arena. Find whoever you wanna control, and when you assume them, you enter (5,1). If you then change the mode to (1,1), you should have full control over your assumed creature in adventure mode.

Same process applies to switching adventurers when already in adventure mode. You're starting out in (1,1). You change the mode to (5,1), then press C in game to release control, which takes you to standard arena mode (4,0). Then you assume control of your new adventurer, which takes you into (5,1), and then you dfmode to take you back to (1,1) for normal adventurer mode.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 07, 2011, 04:45:49 pm »

Hmm... I wasn't using the (5,1) but even with it it makes no difference. I'm doing exactly what you said but I can't move and the buttons don't respond. Guess it just doesn't work in 31.21 or on my computer. Thanks anyway.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 07, 2011, 04:53:04 pm »

Hmm... I wasn't using the (5,1) but even with it it makes no difference. I'm doing exactly what you said but I can't move and the buttons don't respond. Guess it just doesn't work in 31.21 or on my computer. Thanks anyway.

Well, the (5,1) should be happening automatically when you assume control. Taking it into (1,1) from there should give your adventurer full range of movement when unpaused. There's a pretty good chance that if you're trying to do this in a very large and successful fort, your FPS is just incredibly low.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 07, 2011, 05:27:03 pm »

You'll probably right, it might be the FPS. Tried it on a different fort and it worked perfectly. Thanks for your help.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 07, 2011, 05:29:44 pm »

Using exact numbers...

I'll refer to things as (game mode, control mode) herein. So in fortress mode, you start out in mode (0,0). You change the mode to (4,0) via dfmode to enter arena. Find whoever you wanna control, and when you assume them, you enter (5,1). If you then change the mode to (1,1), you should have full control over your assumed creature in adventure mode.

Same process applies to switching adventurers when already in adventure mode. You're starting out in (1,1). You change the mode to (5,1), then press C in game to release control, which takes you to standard arena mode (4,0). Then you assume control of your new adventurer, which takes you into (5,1), and then you dfmode to take you back to (1,1) for normal adventurer mode.

I can be a boogeyman! crash, here I come!

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 07, 2011, 06:38:07 pm »

By the by, if anybody figures out what game mode and control mode "kittens" are for, let me know  ;)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 07, 2011, 07:44:35 pm »

This doesn't seem to work on wine anymore. That's odd, because the previous versions worked fine.
It gives me the following error when I run any of the utilities:
memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 07, 2011, 11:30:46 pm »

Sorry if I've glanced over it.

Can I get a link for version 0.5.4 for DF 31.20? I have a windows and saw no reason to download .21 after I've updated my mod.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 108