Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391908 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.15
« Reply #1500 on: June 16, 2011, 05:12:34 am »

Does this mean we won't be wasting time copying memory data between two processes in future, and can access data directly?
Yes.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1501 on: June 16, 2011, 07:28:42 pm »

Ok, this is a test release (codename Rainbow Kittens!). It's the base DF 31.25 with DFHack added to it. Just run the exe as you would normally, you'll get the DFHack console next to the normal DF window. There's no support for plugins or external tools yet and the only (real) tool that works is reveal. Anyway, enjoy. This is a taste of things to come ;)

https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack_31_25_win.zip

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
  • Idiots Roam Free! Beware all ye who enter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 16, 2011, 10:40:24 pm »

I recently tried to use DF Hack in particular the dfprospector and dfreveal tools. the dfprospector crashed both times i tried to use it and the dfreveal said couldn't find a suitable process. I was using both of these tools on a running fort as I was trying to locate my flux material which I hadn't had any luck finding so far. Is there something I am doing wrong.

version of DF used DF2010 (latest release w/Mayday)
I don't know what is more impressive, that dwarves can skip salting and curing meat opting for zombiefication, or that the dark art of necromancy has been twisted to the cause of curing meats.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature Simulator.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1503 on: June 16, 2011, 10:42:04 pm »

version of DF used DF2010 (latest release w/Mayday)
What's the actual version number displayed at the bottom-right corner on the title screen? When you choose "About DF", does it say that it uses SDL?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 16, 2011, 10:44:40 pm »

I don't know what is more impressive, that dwarves can skip salting and curing meat opting for zombiefication, or that the dark art of necromancy has been twisted to the cause of curing meats.

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 16, 2011, 10:51:29 pm »

I did get dfgrow to work but I don't know why I'm having problems with with dfprospector and dfreveal.

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 16, 2011, 11:28:35 pm »

Ok, this is a test release (codename Rainbow Kittens!). It's the base DF 31.25 with DFHack added to it. Just run the exe as you would normally, you'll get the DFHack console next to the normal DF window. There's no support for plugins or external tools yet and the only (real) tool that works is reveal. Anyway, enjoy. This is a taste of things to come ;)

https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack_31_25_win.zip
Just gave it a crack. Works fine. Nice job so far. This is all part of the DFAPI branch is it?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1507 on: June 17, 2011, 08:29:24 am »

You mean "0.31.25".
Also, you didn't say whether you were using the SDL or Legacy version...
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 17, 2011, 03:24:53 pm »

You mean "0.31.25".
Also, you didn't say whether you were using the SDL or Legacy version...

I'm not to sure what you mean by SDL or Legacy?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1509 on: June 17, 2011, 04:50:14 pm »

Read my original question again:
When you choose "About DF", does it say that it uses SDL?

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 17, 2011, 10:00:13 pm »

Read my original question again:
When you choose "About DF", does it say that it uses SDL?

Oh! SDL.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 18, 2011, 05:44:44 am »

Would it be possible to make a tool to check what animals are available on your map and, ideally, in what numbers? As I understand it, there are specific populations of non-undead animals that can enter your map from each biome, so I'd think that it would be possible to check that through memory hacking. You can get the populations of the whole world if you export a local image, but that doesn't tell you what is available on your map  :(

In the Sea Serpent Farming thread, there was briefly a question about whether or not the actual creatures that enter your map are pregenerated or if it was just the number of creatures that was definite. If the gender and attributes of the animals are determined beforehand, it would be nice to be able to get that checked, too. I think such a tool would just be helpful for anyone who wanted to make an exotic creature ranch, as they'd be able to immediately tell whether their embark had a breeding pair of that creature.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 18, 2011, 11:56:22 am »

Would it be possible to make a tool to check what animals are available on your map and, ideally, in what numbers? As I understand it, there are specific populations of non-undead animals that can enter your map from each biome, so I'd think that it would be possible to check that through memory hacking. You can get the populations of the whole world if you export a local image, but that doesn't tell you what is available on your map  :(

In the Sea Serpent Farming thread, there was briefly a question about whether or not the actual creatures that enter your map are pregenerated or if it was just the number of creatures that was definite. If the gender and attributes of the animals are determined beforehand, it would be nice to be able to get that checked, too. I think such a tool would just be helpful for anyone who wanted to make an exotic creature ranch, as they'd be able to immediately tell whether their embark had a breeding pair of that creature.
It would be easy to list what is currently on the map. But predicting what could be? I doubt we know where that is in memory.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 18, 2011, 12:07:38 pm »

that's actually possible to find out, it just requires a long time on the fort, testing things.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 18, 2011, 01:19:43 pm »

that's actually possible to find out, it just requires a long time on the fort, testing things.
Good to know, though I really have little idea how memory hacking like this is actually done and so I wasn't sure how much work it would actually entail. Given that, AFAIK, we don't actually know how exactly the animal migration numbers actually function, it would probably be pretty tough. Still, possibly a suggestion of a tool for future versions, right?
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 108