Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1986922 times)

JonBrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.12] [V4.3] - Now With Ironhand & Mayday!
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2010, 02:44:43 am »

I need a link to something that will automatically download the updates to this pack and run the .bat files so it will change my save files. Is there a way you can make it turn on my computer when you update?

Thanks.
JonBrant has been possessed!
JonBrant claims a computer!
JonBrant has begun a mysterious construction!
JonBrant has completed Kitten Blood Waterfall!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2010, 06:22:33 pm »

lulz. Now that's lazy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

grey666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2010, 12:35:15 pm »

This is amazing... worked right off the bat. All the options are set. All the addons are here, thanks dude. Seriously. It just worked. DF just worked... it never works... ever. I'm playing the game right now - I busted out my desktop. I never bust out my desktop.

Everything fucking works... I didn't have to spend half a day to configure this or figure shit out, it just works.

I'm actually playing the game 20 minutes later. That's never happened in a year. I'm playing the game right now on my desktop.

You rock dude. It's fucking working!!!! All the addons are here, and the game works. OMG. I'm going to jiz, sorry.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2010, 07:35:14 pm »

I would just like to thank you. This pack has helped out with getting two of my friends to play dwarf fortress. I use this pack too now, simply because of the ease of downloading the pack. I could figure out how to set it up and find all those addons, but you just make it so much easier and the pack allows immediate fun (and Fun). Great job! :)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2010, 08:30:28 pm »

grey666, that's the best comment I've ever gotten from anyone ever.
WELCOME AND THANKS DUDES 8). You too jmancube!

Also grey, you talk about donating in your DFFD comment, anyone who wants to give me money should
DONATE IT ALL TO TOADY INSTEAD!

If more people want to support Dwarf Fortress because of this pack, that is AWESOME.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:32:14 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2010, 08:43:56 pm »

Hmmmm....I seem to be having problems with this pack ( I have never had problems downloading utilities alone though  :o )

I downloaded and tried to run the game but it refuses to run... :/  It wont even start the movie...any reasons why?
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2010, 08:49:03 pm »

No idea. Give more information. What OS are you using? Does the vanilla Windows SDL version of Dwarf Fortress work for you from the site?
Also: Did you download the .7z version or the .zip version? I've heard of someone having problems with .7z files (if you actually use 7zip to extract you shouldn't have a problem though....)

Cire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2010, 10:07:25 pm »

Very awesome man... thanks so much for this!!  You, and Toady, have inspired me to donate... 

I just noticed that DF has been updated this year  :o

glad that I did

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2010, 10:39:49 pm »

I run a Windows 7 64-bit system.  The standard download from the site works for me as does the Genesis mod.  I just downloaded the file from dffd linked on the front page and allowed for the standard windows extraction.  Should I use another extraction program?
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2010, 12:33:49 am »

Heeeyy! Guys! Guess what I've been working on!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Download and test the batch file here. Put it in the GRAPHIC PACKS folder and run it!
Tell me if your computer blows up. You might want to try this first with a TEST version of LNP, rather then on your real precious savegames.
Thanks to forum lurker DabblingDwarvenLeader for the basic code and batch code references!
I had to re-write his stuff to work with XP, and then I wrote a TON MORE STUFF OVERTOP OF IT for it to work like how it does now.

I run a Windows 7 64-bit system.  The standard download from the site works for me as does the Genesis mod.  I just downloaded the file from dffd linked on the front page and allowed for the standard windows extraction.  Should I use another extraction program?
Hmm. Well there's nothing incredibly special about the DF version in the pack. You can download whatever version of DF you want instead and just use the utilities from the pack. If I were to hazard a guess though, maybe its the PRINT mode (in the init files) that is causing you problems. Try messing around with different options. Using "DF Init.exe" (in adminstrator mode) should make this easy for you.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:16:38 pm by LucasUP »

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2010, 12:59:17 am »

I have discovered that it is some problem with phoebus' mod so that at least works...and my stonesense seems to have issues...
[DWARFINEERING]

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2010, 01:09:43 pm »

Hi thanks for the great download!

i just have one problem my Runesmith and stonesense both dont work

they say:
this application has failed to start because the applicationn configuration is incorrest. reinstalling the application may fix the problem

so i did
i kicked the LNP in the recycle bin and unpacked the LNP  again
but it says the same

do you have any idear how to fix this
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.12] [V4.4] - Now with batch magic!
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2010, 01:10:58 pm »

V4.4 Released!!
PRESENTING
Lazy Newb Settings.bat

I spent some hours learning batch programming.
Now finally you can change graphics and aquifer settings with a BAT FILE
Can someone give this thing a rigorous testing and see if I broke something?  :P

I know a new version of DF and Stonesense are around the corner... But I wanted to get this out so some people could give it a test!!!

Thanks again to DabblingDwarvenLeader for some base code and references. I would not have done this if it were not for him!

@Jaylow:
I'm not sure what you're problem is. Have you tried asking about it in the Stonesense/Runesmith thread?
And yeah, there's a new version of Stonesense about to come out....
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:33:35 pm by LucasUP »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2010, 01:16:48 pm »

Also grey, you talk about donating in your DFFD comment, anyone who wants to give me money should
DONATE IT ALL TO TOADY INSTEAD!

If more people want to support Dwarf Fortress because of this pack, that is AWESOME.

And that, is why you're awesome. :)
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.12] [V4.4] - Now with batch magic!
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2010, 03:35:43 pm »

I just downloaded the new version from the front page, but cannot find the batch file anywhere.  Oops!
Diggy diggy hole.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 137