Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1987049 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.25] [V9.1] Updates
« Reply #990 on: June 15, 2011, 06:26:28 am »

To LNP maintainers: Might want to add something in the first post about DF Hack and anti-virus. Seems like this question is being brought up a lot.
That goes to lucas, and sadly we're both kinda busy to update this :-\, but yeah, the OP needs to be updated at least.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 16, 2011, 03:08:01 am »

I said it the first time I played this game outside of 40d, and I'll say it again now.

This pack is amazing.

I love the new program that lets you customize the game without browsing the INI files, and without needing to know HOW to change some of the settings.

One request I have, I am not familiar with the different graphics pack so when I saw the available packs, I had to google them to find images.

If you wanted to, I think this would be a very nice addition to the program:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 16, 2011, 10:36:15 am »

im having a problem. whenever I click on LNP exe. nothing happens, and when I try to run dwarf fortress directly it says side by side configuration is incorrect. can anyone help?

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 16, 2011, 12:48:24 pm »

I said it the first time I played this game outside of 40d, and I'll say it again now.

This pack is amazing.

I love the new program that lets you customize the game without browsing the INI files, and without needing to know HOW to change some of the settings.

One request I have, I am not familiar with the different graphics pack so when I saw the available packs, I had to google them to find images.

If you wanted to, I think this would be a very nice addition to the program:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think this is a very good suggestion, seconded

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 18, 2011, 12:43:02 am »

To LNP maintainers: Might want to add something in the first post about DF Hack and anti-virus. Seems like this question is being brought up a lot.
That goes to lucas, and sadly we're both kinda busy to update this :-\, but yeah, the OP needs to be updated at least.

FYI: Quickfort has been updated to 2.00 pre4. And it's worth noting that joelpt said this release "has feature parity with 1.11", plus it adds new functionality. If testing reveals it works as intended, that might mean you can leave out Quickfort 1.11 from future LNP releases.

Edit: Oh, and the graphics pack preview image is a good idea.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 22, 2011, 01:20:56 am »

Does anyone still have the LNP for 40d? 2010 is awesome and all, but it's still buggier than usual, and I'd rather have wagons and dungeon masters than ghosts.

No offense to anyone  :-X
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 22, 2011, 08:39:13 am »

i don't know of an LNP for 40D...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

widden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 25, 2011, 06:48:35 am »

Gents,
Firs of all hello everyone, I'm a newb so I'm going to try the newbies' lazy version.
But nod32/ESET simply deleted the file upon download.  I've set it not to, it still warns about 8 different possible trojans in it. (all in the DFhack)

I know there's a warning in the first post, but wouldn't it be better to leave the offending part out of the pack until it gets fixed, or the virus companies get the gist that this isn't an offender?  I mean someone coming here, downloading this file, is unlikely to simply believe what is being said - "there's no virus" - if they do they're way to naive in this age of the net. 

They either start scrambling and remove that part themselves...or simply go away.

So all in all, my point is: it may very well deter new players...

And as I read around, there are many AV products which flag that pack up as potentially dangerous. 

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.25] [V9.2] NEW & UP-TO-DATE!
« Reply #998 on: June 25, 2011, 02:39:25 pm »

[0.31.25] [V9.2] Released:
Update: Phoebus 31.25v21
Update: Mayday 21.25a
Update: Runesmith V0.1.20
Update: soundSense r29
Update: DFHack 0.5.15
Update: Quickfort 2.00

Sorry for the delay! Also made sure that I could switch back to ASCII/Another set without problems, seems to be working.
@Widden: Yeah taking out DFHack might be considered, but I didn't for this version and just put in the newest version. You can always just delete DFHack folder if you don't trust it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:21:34 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 25, 2011, 03:56:11 pm »

@Widden: Yeah taking out DFHack might be considered, but I didn't for this version and just put in the newest version. You can always just delete DFHack folder if you don't trust it.

FYI: peterix is currently working on an entirely new type of DFHack which is incorporated INSIDE of Dwarf Fortress itself. And it sounds like this method gives some major benefits, including faster speed and being invisible to most anti-virus software. So warnings about false positives in anti-virus software may not be necessary for very long.

Also, the DFHack tools rock! Those utilities add so much and open up a lot of possibilities. For instance, the periodic use of dfcleanmap should be considered by all players (including newbies) that don't want to give up on their fort prematurely due to a slow FPS. And both dfprospector and dfreveal saves a lot of time and effort in finding that "perfect" embark site.

Also, anti-virus software really is getting overly zealous in detecting just about anything that could possibly be a threat. Recently, AVG warned me about another DF utility (Quickfort, if I recall correctly), just because it was an Autohotkey script. Yet, despite being updated daily, AVG still fails to detect a mean trojan horse on my laptop... :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:13:39 pm by Thundercraft »

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 26, 2011, 07:54:08 pm »

Ok, got a problem here. I have stock LNP v9.1 and whenever I try to switch to another tileset after Phoebus (yes, i'm telling it to update savegames and all that jazz), i get the infamous reaction definition error :( The bit about soap raws a page back didn't help. Any clue on how to fix it?

Also, it's annoying how LNP toasts custom settings like pop cap whenever you switch tilesets or w/e :-\, would be nice if it preserved all the settings it could. And if you're looking for features to add, it would be really nice to have a setting somewhere that I can tell it what I want my windowed and full screen resolution to be, and it autocalculates tile amounts and stuffs it in the init file :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:56:08 pm by RCIX »
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

Ruirize

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • 2DCraft - A free 2D clone of Minecraft!
« Reply #1001 on: June 27, 2011, 12:39:17 am »

AV Software peeps tend to be open to false positives, perhaps we can try to get DFHack whitelisted.
░▒▓█▌2DCraft▐█▓▒░ - The free 2D Minecraft clone!

Lancezh

• Bay Watcher
  • Noob Inc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 27, 2011, 12:50:18 pm »

Thank you so much for this, downloaded this a week ago and i'm hooked for the game. Wouldnt have happend otherwise, thank you thank you!

KurzedMetal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 27, 2011, 01:02:35 pm »

Sorry for the delay! Also made sure that I could switch back to ASCII/Another set without problems, seems to be working.

I thought it was a DF limitation that couldn't be worked around, nice, GJ :)

Ok, got a problem here. I have stock LNP v9.1 and whenever I try to switch to another tileset after Phoebus (yes, i'm telling it to update savegames and all that jazz), i get the infamous reaction definition error

Like the previous quote says, this was fixed in LNP v9.2 (or at least that's what the changelog/update says).

Also, it's annoying how LNP toasts custom settings like pop cap whenever you switch tilesets or w/e :-\, would be nice if it preserved all the settings it could.

I wanted to try out the different graphic sets and i found this pretty annoying, i ended up setting up a version control system in the data\init directory and reverting some changes every time i switched to a different graphic set. I think LNP should only change options related to graphics and not replace the whole init.txt file (that's what i think it's doing).

And if you're looking for features to add, it would be really nice to have a setting somewhere that I can tell it what I want my windowed and full screen resolution to be, and it autocalculates tile amounts and stuffs it in the init file :)

Did you try DFInit.exe in the Utilities section? It's better than nothing :P
Quote from: ARandomGuyOnTheInternet
When 80% of your fans use 3 different external programs simultaneously to play your game comfortably, you might need to stand back and think "Maybe...Maybe I should get around making a UI designed to be used by carbon-based entities, like mammals".

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 27, 2011, 06:24:50 pm »

Also, it's annoying how LNP toasts custom settings like pop cap whenever you switch tilesets or w/e :-\, would be nice if it preserved all the settings it could. And if you're looking for features to add, it would be really nice to have a setting somewhere that I can tell it what I want my windowed and full screen resolution to be, and it autocalculates tile amounts and stuffs it in the init file :)
Yeah just really haven't had the time to do substantial updates on the GUI program. It just does it the easy way and copies the whole init.txt file over. I've always wanted the program to not change all the settings, but it'd just take time to implement.
The resolution can be changed dynamically by clicking and dragging the edges of the window. Also since a while ago, the game already automatically calculates how many tiles there needs to be (you don't need to set it). You can use DFInit.exe if you wanted to easily change the default window size though.

For the graphics switching error, try moving to V9.2.

Thank you so much for this, downloaded this a week ago and i'm hooked for the game. Wouldnt have happend otherwise, thank you thank you!
You're welcome! I'm glad I've guided yet another towards DF!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:30:51 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 137