Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366573 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #540 on: August 11, 2010, 09:23:49 pm »

I'm more worried about my best friend and my mom. Not so cool with that. (Especially since my parents actually kinda look like Dwarves. Short, immensely mechanically inclined, rotund folks, and my dad is awfully beardy.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 12, 2010, 02:41:49 am »

Was this the Tool that you can program a special shape to be designated so it can be mined, without you needing to actually Shape out the thing 50 time/z

I have a Spiral Ramp I need to go down a few Half Century Zs and its all in 5x5 blocks that make the shape...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #542 on: August 12, 2010, 02:44:14 am »

Was this the Tool that you can program a special shape to be designated so it can be mined, without you needing to actually Shape out the thing 50 time/z

I have a Spiral Ramp I need to go down a few Half Century Zs and its all in 5x5 blocks that make the shape...

No.  You are looking for Quickfort.  (There might be others, but that's the one I've used.)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 13, 2010, 03:19:32 pm »

How does everyone feel about the time it take to write changes?
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Blade_Train3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 13, 2010, 03:35:54 pm »

Patience is a virtue, so they say. I've never minded waiting a bit if I know why.
Help Miqo grow!

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Groovedbells

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 13, 2010, 03:39:24 pm »

Write changes to the game? I've never noticed any lag at all.

Write changes to the code? It's your schedule, man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 13, 2010, 03:40:51 pm »

Runesmith works with the current version so I'm fine.  I just can't make my own memory offset files so yeah.  :P
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 13, 2010, 03:41:34 pm »

To zee game you Krazeee foool.

Anyway, I'm just looking into the memory leak Devek mentioned and debating whether to implement the csv/xml export in this release or later
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 13, 2010, 03:44:53 pm »

Patience is a virtue, so they say. I've never minded waiting a bit if I know why.

Also, what stats need exporting?

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 13, 2010, 03:46:45 pm »

I guess if we could choose to export a certain group, all, or from a list would be cool, but that's up to you.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 13, 2010, 03:53:41 pm »

I meant what info for a creature should I export, I mean I'm guessing people don't want all 60+ flags exporting, but then I could be wrong

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 13, 2010, 03:59:11 pm »

I meant what info for a creature should I export, I mean I'm guessing people don't want all 60+ flags exporting, but then I could be wrong
It probably should be selectable, with 4 modes of export:
Complete - All[most] information DFHack reads
Important - All[most] information except flags that are of unknown effect
Dwarf - All information needed for fort mode (ie, no "diplomat" "invader", etc flags)
Barebones - Name, Creature Type, Skills+Attributes, Location, Personality/Traits

Blade_Train3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 13, 2010, 04:29:09 pm »

Well making it selectable would probably be best, but also a tad harder to implement. It's main use (for me at least) would be for community/succession games, since I seem to have developed issues with imagehosts lately. For specifically what I want it would probably be traits, appearance and likes/dislikes (although the latter two would need to be implemented into Runesmith themselves first >,< ) so I can put dwarves up . Manually typing and/or individually copy/pasting the traits of each dwarf for a 20+ dwarf immigration wave is... time consuming. And I've always hated any form of data capturing XD

That said, Dree12's suggestion seems pretty workable, but I've never actually fiddled with DFhack myself so... yeah.
Help Miqo grow!

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Groovedbells

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 13, 2010, 04:38:33 pm »

delete me
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:41:41 pm by sizeak »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 13, 2010, 04:40:11 pm »

Well making it selectable would probably be best, but also a tad harder to implement. It's main use (for me at least) would be for community/succession games, since I seem to have developed issues with imagehosts lately. For specifically what I want it would probably be traits, appearance and likes/dislikes (although the latter two would need to be implemented into Runesmith themselves first >,< ) so I can put dwarves up . Manually typing and/or individually copy/pasting the traits of each dwarf for a 20+ dwarf immigration wave is... time consuming. And I've always hated any form of data capturing XD

That said, Dree12's suggestion seems pretty workable, but I've never actually fiddled with DFhack myself so... yeah.

And before they were implemented in Runesmith, they'd need implementing in DFHack :D How does check boxes sound for what to export? E.g. you go Tools->Export and up pops a form with a list of exportable items and you select which you want
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 106