Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1834 1835 [1836] 1837 1838 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3554991 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27525 on: September 18, 2013, 04:05:21 pm »

Worse yet is that to my knowledge there is nothing in Christian teaching that suggests either A or B are true.
True that. There is nothing in Christian teaching (or in the Bible, actually) which denounces that kind directly-it's what people assumed from it :/

A person today talking about a book (we are having actual discussions tomorrow) are very strongly implying that if you are a pious Christian:
a.) You cannot so much as read any literature from any other religion.
b.) You cannot accept your gay children.

So basically promoting blind ignorance and the exact opposite of acceptance.
* Tiruin could say she is a pious Christian.
> Has tons of literature from everywhere quite well, and b is really denounced in the way that anykind of people are people.
...Which is me saying my rage against the ignorance and foolishness of how people treat labels.

One would think that someone strong in their faith would be able to read things that contradict it.
YES SO MUCH >__>

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27526 on: September 18, 2013, 04:06:10 pm »

I'm of the opinion that running from things that contradict you is dumb.

I like to experience different things. I'm not afraid to go to a different religion's church, because I'm sure of my religion. If I was afraid going to a Mormon church would make me Mormon, or going to a mosque would make me Islamic, then I wouldn't really have faith.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27527 on: September 18, 2013, 04:10:46 pm »

I don't know I sort of disagree with that Thecard. My issue isn't that this is a person who considers themselves Pious and doesn't read contradictory text because that person believes it might confuse him. After all it takes all types.

When you step out of preference and go into "This is how things should be" then you open it up to scrutiny.

I'm not afraid to go to a different religion's church

I am, mostly because I have a deep seated fear of being disrespectful of something that requires the upmost respect.

The worst time is when all of a sudden I am conscious of race and then I am like "Ohhh dang! Yes, I am around other races... MUST NOT BE RACIST!!!" and end up being totally awkward... and I mean all of a sudden. Mind you it is because I have a overpowering fear of public rejection.

Yeah you can tell why I try as hard as I can to stay home and almost never talk to people. Hurray social anxiety!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:13:44 pm by Neonivek »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27528 on: September 18, 2013, 04:17:26 pm »

I can see that, Neon. I'm also afraid I'll do the wrong thing, but I figure if I go there, I can learn a bit about the best way to act.

As a general rule, taking/posing for pictures is generally seen as being offensive.
Even if it's a Hindu temple. Yes, the idols look funny. That doesn't mean you aren't being really disrespectful.
That didn't happen today, it happened last summer on a trip. No one else seemed to realize how rude it was.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27529 on: September 18, 2013, 05:14:34 pm »

There might be something you can alleviate it with. TO THE INTERNET!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27530 on: September 18, 2013, 05:26:09 pm »

The fiend must have waited until you were the most vulnerable!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27531 on: September 18, 2013, 05:26:28 pm »

This wasp sting.

It's been about 7 hours since I got it, and it still stings. Probably because it was right at a joint. I feel like I have some arthritis in the thumb right now.

If I can go all Herbal Medicine for a second, for an old sting I would recommend a poultice of ground Plantain Leaves, which grows all over the place; it has astringent and soothing properties, and makes a good compress for cuts and stings.

When a sting is still fresh, I'd instead suggest applying Activated Charcoal or Charcoal Powder to the site of the wound, which will absorb a lot of the venom before it gets distributed from the site of the sting. That or a poultice or gel made from Arnica, which contains anti-inflammatory agents that reduce swelling and promote faster healing.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:29:30 pm by Solifuge »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27532 on: September 18, 2013, 05:33:08 pm »

The fiend must have waited until you were the most vulnerable!
He ambushed me. Clearly, this one was more intelligent than most.

Given he hid in my fucking pocket...
I TOLD YOU THEY WAS ORGANIZED!

(I may be horribly misquoting that)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27533 on: September 18, 2013, 05:38:40 pm »

These are no mere wasps. Clearly they have been trained to serve some dark and sinister purpose.

I vote we cut off his finger. I guarantee that will make the stinging stop, and the chance of some foul poison working it's way on your mind and/or body is lessened
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #27534 on: September 18, 2013, 05:40:34 pm »

Just watch out for Snape.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27535 on: September 18, 2013, 05:44:25 pm »

Oh, man, is it gonna be like Alien? Is a wasp gonna burst out of your finger?
Or is one of those things where you turn into wasp-man?
If you turn into wasp-man, I hope you remember to use your powers for evil good.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27536 on: September 18, 2013, 06:40:19 pm »

If you turn into wasp-man, I hope you remember to use your powers for evil good.
The only thing he needs to keep in mind is to always be generous when a situation requires a large additional influx of yet more wasps.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27537 on: September 18, 2013, 06:54:41 pm »

related
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27538 on: September 18, 2013, 06:58:35 pm »

Yeah, don't be that guy. That guy's an asshole.

Also, I do feel I should note I've never been stung by wasps, though I have spent time around them. Bugs don't really seem to bite me, which is kinda hilarious to me.
Not to other people though, I guess.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27539 on: September 18, 2013, 07:07:24 pm »

Bugs seemed to have some personal vendetta against me, and go far out of their way to sting and bite me when the opportunity arises, and in turn I have declared a general mandate that "ALL BUGS MUST DIE", and so invest heavily in killing them, preventing them from breeding and keeping them out.

There is nothing like the satisfaction of hunting a fly down with a water sprayer for maybe 15 minutes, finally getting the drops on their wings and having them fall to the ground, and crushing the life out of them. Ahh, good times.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1834 1835 [1836] 1837 1838 ... 3345