Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1893 1894 [1895] 1896 1897 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3567804 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Maximum Pedantry Edition
« Reply #28410 on: October 15, 2013, 05:11:17 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffff...............

I was doing my computers course midterm when our network decided it wanted to eat our tests.

Some people couldn't even access the test, apparently we weren't authorized to start them. Others could get into the test, but were told that they were not authorized to submit them when finished.

Some, like me, had the internet freeze up then shut itself down part-way through instead.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28411 on: October 15, 2013, 06:01:42 pm »

maybe that's part of the test o_0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28412 on: October 15, 2013, 06:04:30 pm »

... man, I'd love that. You walk into a room on test day. Teacher's gone, on every desk is a little notecard with the first clue.

Half the class ends up failing because they can't find their test. It'd be glorious.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28413 on: October 15, 2013, 06:19:08 pm »

Man, I wish it was some sort of nonsense like that.

No, it's just my school's online program being its usual semi-functioning self. The first week all e-mails sent out from our school accounts were caught by its own anti-spam programs because the settings were too strict. Not other people catching your e-mails in their spam-folder, but you catching your own e-mails as you try to send them out.

This is a very basic computers class. As in: "This is how you create a new folder!" type class, where the people taking it are either new to the concept of electricity, or only in the class because it is a requirement for the course.

I'm not even joking about that, our first assignment was to create a new folder, rename it, then create another new folder within the new folder and rename it again.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28414 on: October 15, 2013, 06:27:42 pm »

It feels like whenever I try to talk to people who describe themselves as "friendly", they half-listen to the first few things I say and then flat out fucking ignore me. I have problems speaking up and I know I don't usually have something amazingly interesting to say, but I can stand in front of people and say their name and they'll just ignore me or look at me like I'm an idiot. It's starting to piss me off. The sooner I can graduate and get away from these miserable fucks, the better.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28415 on: October 15, 2013, 06:39:44 pm »

I have to keep telling myself that I don't know the whole situation...

but maybe it's not entirely their fault?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28416 on: October 15, 2013, 06:44:37 pm »

I have to keep telling myself that I don't know the whole situation...

but maybe it's not entirely their fault?

If it's something about me, then I don't know what that is. It's not like I've said anything about their mothers. Even just trying to say hello in passing, and they walk right on by like I'm not there.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28417 on: October 15, 2013, 06:45:28 pm »

This is a very basic computers class. As in: "This is how you create a new folder!" type class, where the people taking it are either new to the concept of electricity, or only in the class because it is a requirement for the course.

I'm not even joking about that, our first assignment was to create a new folder, rename it, then create another new folder within the new folder and rename it again.

I am so, so sorry. Hopefully you can find tiny places here and there to make those tasks more fun. For example, did you dare blow everyone away by putting two folders inside the first one? Or perhaps a folder inside the folder inside the folder‽
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28418 on: October 15, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »

I am so, so sorry. Hopefully you can find tiny places here and there to make those tasks more fun. For example, did you dare blow everyone away by putting two folders inside the first one? Or perhaps a folder inside the folder inside the folder‽
Also, if you set it so the folders don't snap to the grid, you can make pictures! Smiley faces and whatnot. Similarly, when you hit spreadsheets, you can make pixel art by changing the background of varying cells. There's plenty of things to do to amuse yourself~
Ask not!
Ask!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28419 on: October 15, 2013, 06:48:46 pm »

The established rule is that we can go no further than three folders deep, with no more than 30 files in a folder. Any more is too confusing and time consuming, apparently.

If your computers crap out on you while you're taking a computers midterm... Who truly fails?

I do :V

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28420 on: October 15, 2013, 06:50:05 pm »

I'm not seeing a limitation on number of folders in a individual folder, there. You've got all the folders in the world to make art with!
Ask not!
Ask!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28421 on: October 15, 2013, 06:52:08 pm »

That sounds like the bestest class ever. Pay attention for 15 seconds, then zone out for 5 minutes while other people figure out what to do.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #28422 on: October 15, 2013, 07:02:29 pm »

want to blow their fucking minds; edit a disk to contain a folder which is it's own subfolder.

Or the worlds biggest nested .zip file: http://www.steike.com/code/useless/zip-file-quine/droste.zip
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28423 on: October 15, 2013, 07:05:08 pm »

Oh yeah, another fun one, for when you hit spreadsheet functions: Max out every formula with nested functions that have absolutely no effect on the formula output. I'm particularly fond of nested NOT(NOT(...)) stuff when dealing with boolean junk.
Ask not!
Ask!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28424 on: October 15, 2013, 07:06:47 pm »

That sounds like the bestest class ever. Pay attention for 15 seconds, then zone out for 5 minutes while other people figure out what to do.

It's two hours of the most tedious hell.

We are learning the very basics of Microsoft Word. We spend the first half-hour listening to the teacher, I spend the next 15 messing with word, then I'm done and stuck doing nothing until I can leave. Either that or the instructions are either incomprehensible or non-existent, in which case the teacher has to come around and help each student individually, which he has had to do at least twice so far this year.

I had completed the test 4 times, all of which couldn't go through the system, before the first hour was up. The test was to sort out a letter into paragraphs at designated points, change the font, bold the title, then add page numbers and insert an image on the title page.

This is basic stuff I learned in grade 6, why am I doing it again when I did a much more complicated computer engineering course in college last year?
Pages: 1 ... 1893 1894 [1895] 1896 1897 ... 3345